How to edit bump maps

levkovv

Ok,i am making a Serbian repaint for the katana,and i have decided to replace all of the cockpit labels and instruments with ones made by Serbian Teleoptik.I have edited the texture files and it looks ok,but it would look better if i managed to incorporate the changes on the instruments (mostly edited text and a sticker or two) into the bump files (MF_DA20_INT_INS_001_bump.dds).I have blacked out the original writing so it doesn't stick out through my new paint but it would look much better if i placed new writing into the bump file.Does anyone present have any idea how to do this?

Vladimir Levkov

Thank you very much,that article helped a lot.Here are some work in progress shots:

Please login to display this image.

Challenge:can anyone recognize the logo on the keyring.

Thank you very much,that article helped a lot.Here are some work in progress shots:

Very nice paintjob :D I have not a clue of what the logo is on the key ring but it looks fantastic! The only thing I noticed is that you have one orange and one red button next to the keyring. I ended up with that to when I forgot to disable the german layers on the PSD paintkit :)

As for the colors of buttons,i intentionally left them like that,aircraft in this country are usually not maintained with original parts so mismatching buttons would be a pretty common thing.

As for the colors of buttons,i intentionally left them like that,aircraft in this country are usually not maintained with original parts so mismatching buttons would be a pretty common thing.

It looks nice and the colors are slight different on the default english textures aswell. I bet you selected color of the keyring to match the red button anyway? ;)

It looks nice and the colors are slight different on the default english textures aswell. I bet you selected color of the keyring to match the red button anyway? ;)

Actually,it is coincidence,the color for keyring was already in photoshop selection from one of the previous projects...

Mr Vladimir Levkov, as I told you before I had no clue about the insignia on your keyring but I have Google and unfortunately there is A LOT of information to read about Serbian Volunteer Guards of Arkan.

As a former Air base ranger I´m not impressed of paramilitary units led by Željko Ražnatović, and I hope you only have a bad sense of humor :(

Regards

Patrik Soderberg

Mr Vladimir Levkov, as I told you before I had no clue about the insignia on your keyring but I have Google and unfortunately there is A LOT of information to read about Serbian Volunteer Guards of Arkan.

As a former Air base ranger I´m not impressed of paramilitary units led by Željko Ražnatović, and I hope you only have a bad sense of humor :(

Regards

Patrik Soderberg

and another american trying to prescribe what is acceptable and what not..

this is a simulation so put your political / military / worldy / religious impressions on the backburner please. People can do what they want and paint what they want. This is not the military / real life, so relax dude.. FFS I have seen worse things like swastikas etc on planes. Just because you think it is not appropriate does not mean everybody see it as inappropriate..

This is not a site to ellaborate and post about what you think is morally acceptable or not. There are enough other political/religious/military sites where you can go voice your concern.

Johan

• Upvote 2

this is a simulation so put your political / military / worldy / religious impressions on the backburner please. People can do what they want and paint what they want. This is not the military / real life, so relax dude.. FFS I have seen worse things like swastikas etc on planes. Just because you think it is not appropriate does not mean everybody see it as inappropriate..

This is not a site to ellaborate and post about what you think is morally acceptable or not. There are enough other political/religious/military sites where you can go voice your concern.

Johan Bellardi

Hi Johan!

First I´m not an American! Second I have no problem with historical paints or whatever paint anybody like to see within FS enviroment. BUT to make a challange of recognice a symbol that you, Johan, not me, compare to swastikas is in my opinion to marketing political/religious/military voices in the wrong forum.

/Patrik

You don't have to be an american to find that displaying the logo of one of the most notorious groups involved with ethnic cleansing in the Balkan conflict is in extremely poor taste.

I am only going to say this ''One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter''.I am not marketing any political or national organization,i have a similar keyring myself so i tried to make a replica for the plane.Congratulations online1972,you have guessed right.

Hi Johan!

First I´m not an American! Second I have no problem with historical paints or whatever paint anybody like to see within FS enviroment. BUT to make a challange of recognice a symbol that you, Johan, not me, compare to swastikas is in my opinion to marketing political/religious/military voices in the wrong forum.

/Patrik

Edit:

I really want to answer you here, but for respect for marcel I think this is inapropriate to discuss it on this site.

The only thing I can say is that I did not refer to historical paints of historical aircraft... maybe it is time to visit a few download sites so see modern planes adorned in a lot of things that is "unacceptable" for most. I only used the term "swastika" as everybody is aquinted with the term as an emblem that offend, but believe me there is a lot more "swastikas' (read emblems) that offend that is being allowed on modern repaints.

Anyway I still think this is inapropriate to discuss in this site.

Whether you like it or not, an image like that is a political statement. Post it on a public forum and you can expect a response.

This logo is in the same category as the swastika. Put a swastika on a bf-109, fine with me. Put it on a keyring in the Katana and it takes on a somewhat different significance.

Ok,I am really trying not to start a political discussion here,but there are 2 sides of the story about the Serbian Volunteer Guard and only one of them is depicted on wikipedia.And I am not about to start explaining it or defending any party envolved,as that could be considered ''marketing political/religious/military voices in the wrong forum''.Just use google and don't trust the first link you run into.

Whether you like it or not, an image like that is a political statement. Post it on a public forum and you can expect a response.

This logo is in the same category as the swastika. Put a swastika on a bf-109, fine with me. Put it on a keyring in the Katana and it takes on a somewhat different significance.

I agree patrick, but the fact is that these forums is multi cultural. What is not acceptable for me might be more then acceptable to others. Political statement or not, if that is what make him happy to have in his katana it is his problem as long as he does not force it on others, I will respect the fact that he can have diferent views to me. This forum is not for the "exclusively" "LEFT" or "RIGHT" idiology and anything other then that is "BAD".

As long as a guy is not openly promoting political/religious issues I am fine with whoever troll along in these forums. Just try and see that these sites are about flight simmimg and will incorporate people from all walks of lifes and even from entities we might not agree with..