Is This an AES problem?

Please forgive me guys if this is the wrong part of the forum, but if you can bare with me I'd be grateful. Yesterday when flying in non Aerosoft scenery or airport FSX froze, the sound continued and I ended up with an error messag which was....

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: VMCX_SP2.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ab4b585

Exception Offset: 0b6e5df0

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 00be

Additional Information 2: 00be5295fb980b28b088b97db34ddb45

Additional Information 3: 2442

Additional Information 4: 244214a2cd9920e11b87226869703eebRead our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The VMCX_SP,dll_unloaded reference seems to be something to do with Vistamare, which I understand is something connected with an Aerosoft product, AES?... or am I wrong? Anyway, I looked into the Vistamare folder in the FSX root directory and found, what I think is the relevent DLL file, when I opened it up there seemd to be a lot of references to things not being loaded and errors etc:-

Module FAILED to initialize itself: %1

Module NOT COMPATIBLE with ViMaCoreX: %1

Module NON-COMPATIBLE with FS X VERSION: %1

Module FAILED to load with error %2!d!: %1

Module unloaded from %1!08X!

Menu system de-inited

MenuAppend '%1' to %2!04X! returned %3!04X!

MenuInsert '%1' before %2!04X! failed

MenuInsert '%1' before %2!04X! returned %3!04X!

Top menu creation failed

Top menu found or created

ViMa menu items created

ViMa menu creation failed

ViMa menu created

Sound ERROR: Could not find %1

Sound ERROR: Invalid format for %1

Sound ERROR: Could not initialize %1

Sound: completed loading (hnd %1!08X!) of %2

Sound: hnd %1!08X! started playing

If someone coulod please offer some advice I would be very grateful, thanks

• Developer

Yes this module has to do with AES and is also used by other Aerosoft products.

But the name looks not correct.

When you have AES 2.11 installed, delete the Vistamare Subfolder complete, start AESHelp once to rebuild it, then check if it happens again.

Yes this module has to do with AES and is also used by other Aerosoft products. But the name looks not correct. When you have AES 2.11 installed, delete the Vistamare Subfolder complete, start AESHelp once to rebuild it, then check if it happens again.
Thanks for the reply Oliver. I am confused as to why the error message was displayed during a flight in Orbx scenery with an IFLY plane and no Aerosoft products. Any ideas? I haven't consciously installed AES so I guess it's associated with another product? Although there is reference to AES lite in the Aerosoft Launcher when visiting the Nice or Barcleona scenery? I have Nice, Barcelona, Kos, Gibraltar, Faro, Innsbruck, Madeira, Katana and Airbus X? The only folder I can see is a Vistamare folder which appears in the FSX root folder.

• Developer

Yes, all this products also use this modules for the AESlite parts, so the modules are needed for them too.

I could not say, why this modules is listed as part of you CTD, as it is more or less in "idle" as long as you are not in a Aerosoft scenery area.

But, it is also possible, that something else will generate an issue and the dll is only effected from that. When Memory access issues happen, it could be every modules running in FS, which will pop up (g3d.dll, util.dll ...) but non of this are the source of the issue.

Can you please list the version numbers you have installed: FSX Menu -> Add ons ->Vistamare -> About ... you find the versions.

Yes, all this products also use this modules for the AESlite parts, so the modules are needed for them too.

I could not say, why this modules is listed as part of you CTD, as it is more or less in "idle" as long as you are not in a Aerosoft scenery area.

But, it is also possible, that something else will generate an issue and the dll is only effected from that. When Memory access issues happen, it could be every modules running in FS, which will pop up (g3d.dll, util.dll ...) but non of this are the source of the issue.

Can you please list the version numbers you have installed: FSX Menu -> Add ons ->Vistamare -> About ... you find the versions.

Hi Oliver, I have gone to the Addons menu from the main FSX menu but alas, there is no Vistamare refrence whatsover, only a tab relating to iFLY 737!

• Developer

Did you have a *.LOG File in the <FSX>\Vistamare Folder?

Maybe you can download AES here and install it, AEShelp has some check routines regarding the Vistamare Modules.

Did you have a *.LOG File in the <FSX>\Vistamare Folder?

Maybe you can download AES here and install it, AEShelp has some check routines regarding the Vistamare Modules.

There is a ViMaCoreLog.txt file Oliver. Do you want me to install from the link you suggested?

Please post what is in the file here

Hi Oliver, the first image shows what's in the VistaMare folder and the second shows what's in the bin folder

3431.png

9792.png

• Deputy Sheriffs

Any ideas Oliver?

Oliver asked you to post (attach) your ViMaCoreLog.txt file, not to make a screenshot of your folders content. ;)

Oliver asked you to post (attach) your ViMaCoreLog.txt file, not to make a screenshot of your folders content. ;)

Aplogies Otto, I misread Oliver's post! Here's the attached log file.

ViMaCoreLog.txt

• Developer

Ok, the log says, that the related module could not be loaded.

Before I ask Vistamare what the error code could mean, can you please download the newest AES Version (2.11), then delete the vistamare subdirectory complete and start the AES Installer. It will recreate the folder with the newest Versions of the modules.

Then check, if the log is writen again, or the modules are then starting ok.

Maybe the DLL is defect.

Ok, the log says, that the related module could not be loaded. Before I ask Vistamare what the error code could mean, can you please download the newest AES Version (2.11), then delete the vistamare subdirectory complete and start the AES Installer. It will recreate the folder with the newest Versions of the modules. Then check, if the log is writen again, or the modules are then starting ok. Maybe the DLL is defect.
Hi Oliver, I have now installed the AES 2.11. However, when I loaded a flight at Gibraltar I had a window pop up to say I had to configure the aircraft??? There appears not to be a ViMaCoreLog, but this log file.... EDIT: Unsure now whether I have done things correctly. I Downloaded the AES 2.11, uninstalled the original Vistamare folder in the FSX root folder and then installed the new downloaded version. Correct?

ViMaIScnXLog.txt

• Developer

Ok,

looks like all is ok now. The messages in the log are not critical.

When the popup regarding the Aircraft is comming, it is because AES is now activ and the aircraft has no door config.

If you want to use AES, read the manual you find in the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES folder,

if not, just remove the AES Basepack entry in the scenery library (the topmost entry) and delete the AES Folder below <FS>\Aerosoft. Then AES is gone.

But for your Aerosoft Sceneries the Vistamare part should now work correct.

Ok,

looks like all is ok now. The messages in the log are not critical.

When the popup regarding the Aircraft is comming, it is because AES is now activ and the aircraft has no door config.

If you want to use AES, read the manual you find in the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES folder,

if not, just remove the AES Basepack entry in the scenery library (the topmost entry) and delete the AES Folder below <FS>\Aerosoft. Then AES is gone.

But for your Aerosoft Sceneries the Vistamare part should now work correct.

Thanks for all your help Oliver. Very much appreciated, cheers.