Andras FIeld parking Area

Emi

Hey,

I've got a little suggestion for the next version of EAFS: I'd like to get the possibility of loading my aircraft up in the airpark. For example you could add all the plots to the database so that the pilot can choose his/her own plot as starting point.

If this has been postet befor please forgive me, but I couldn't find it with the search funktion.

Regards

Emi

Would be nice to do that, though Im not sure if possible. The easy way round it is to just save a flight at your desired location, thus enabling you to start from your own hangar ;)

It would be nice - I seem to remember that it was suggested as an idea in the early days if my memory serves me right there were technical issues related to achieving this? I have checked through the old messages that I can still see but no luck.

I know that in Air Hauler you can set a custom gate and have set up a couple for my plot. (This works anywhere even though the airpark is not really classed as the airport by Air Hauler)

I'm sure it is possible. I have tried doing this for myself and it worked. The problem was just that my computer crashed when I tried to save the file. Maybe because it's protected by Aerosoft?

At least we can say that it's possible! So can anyone of the Aerosoft developers do this for the next update?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another workaround for me was to create a parking spot in front of my house. You can do that to if you have a tool allowing to edit bgl files.

Only problem is that you have to do it again, everytime a new update comes.

• 4 weeks later...

Otto, sounds like a lot of work. Still think the simplest way is to just save a flight at your prefered location. Doesnt matter about updates then dry.gif

Matt, you are right, except when flying online on the aerosoft server. Loading a saved flight on server only loads stats, not location. Location has to be chosen from available spots on the chosen airfield. And those spots are specified in the bgl files. For online flying, plots could and should be specified in the scenery files. Nice idea for v1.19? ;-)

Matt, you are right, except when flying online on the aerosoft server. Loading a saved flight on server only loads stats, not location. Location has to be chosen from available spots on the chosen airfield. And those spots are specified in the bgl files. For online flying, plots could and should be specified in the scenery files. Nice idea for v1.19? ;-)

I´ll take that up with Andras. Can´t promise anything, but I´ll try.smile.gif