Ad banner too wide

Mike...

Would it be possible to change the banner so that it fits the width of my screen, like the rest of the forums.

As you can see, it goes beyond that now, introducing a scrollbar. And in the event that there is some info on the right side of the banner, I likely won't see it, so this will benefit everyone.

;)

I'm using IE9 BTW.

Hello Mike,

Whats size is the screen your using as the I'm using IE:9 and only takes 2/3rds of my 24 Inch monitor without the scroll bar at the bottom appearing.

Same here. I have a laptop and it doesn't reach the end of my screen.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem for me (1600x1200), but I agree, that it should be reduced, it's just a waste of space and not everybody is running the browser in fullscreen mode.

If I full screen on my other PC I loose the banner somewhere in ther 5760*1080 display. In this instance I'd like it made bigger to fill my screens :lol:

Would it be possible to change the banner so that it fits the width of my screen, like the rest of the forums.

As you can see, it goes beyond that now, introducing a scrollbar. And in the event that there is some info on the right side of the banner, I likely won't see it, so this will benefit everyone.

;)

I'm using IE9 BTW.

Try pressing CtrL key + - (minus, right of 0 (Zero) above P)

I'm using a 1152*864 resolution on a 19 inch 4:3 LCD screen.

Using Ctrl - to zoom out to 75% does remove the scrollbar and shows the entire banner. But it also makes everything else smaller and illustrates the actual problem and solution. The width of the forums remains fixed at a certain percentage (I've seen different behavior on other sites), the banner gets smaller or bigger.

Changing the width of the banner to a percentage instead of a fixed width should do the trick.

;)

• Aerosoft

I'm using a 1152*864 resolution on a 19 inch 4:3 LCD screen.

Using Ctrl - to zoom out to 75% does remove the scrollbar and shows the entire banner. But it also makes everything else smaller and illustrates the actual problem and solution. The width of the forums remains fixed at a certain percentage (I've seen different behavior on other sites), the banner gets smaller or bigger.

Changing the width of the banner to a percentage instead of a fixed width should do the trick.

;)

I'll check on that next week as I am also not too happy with that.

Thanks. I'll add one last capture. One of my previous post. It has sort of the same problem. The attached and post inserted capture is not scaled in any way, so goes beyond the post area and introduces horizontal scrolling.

I maybe expect it to be scaled and made clickable to show the full size or something. It's less of an issue, but perhaps you can tackle both at the same time.

:)