Pilots position changs to left of plane

p38man

With an open canopy and after putting the pilot in and cycling to Cockpit virtual and centering trackir the head-view remains outside the plane.

I have read the whole manual twice and coul see no other answer to this issue.

With an open canopy and after putting the pilot in and cycling to Cockpit virtual and centering trackir the head-view remains outside the plane.

First time I also heard about it.. at least no-one can blame you not using the search function.. LOL..

From what you describe it must be something related betweeen trackir and Katana. Unfortuanately I do not use trackir now, so I want to help, but really cannot as I cannot replicate your issue.

Hopefully marcel will pop in and be able to help

Have you removed the control lock straps?

And did you run the EZCA Config Tool after installing the aircraft to add the necessary camera entries to the aircraft.cfg?

And did you run the EZCA Config Tool after installing the aircraft to add the necessary camera entries to the aircraft.cfg?

Hi Jigsaw

I have not done that. I am using EZCA so far just for the rumbling take-offs and landings.

How would the default pilot's position (only happens with this plane but then again it is the only one with these extra great features) be altered by adding or not adding extra camera definitions?

The problem goes away after ending the flight and restarting.

Hi Marcel....F12 does center the TrackIR but it is unrelated to the problem - it remains outside of the plane

Happens every time I open the canopy and start doing the maintenance.

The last time I had not even taken the pilot out then put him back in - just left him in the whole time.

Basically if I do maintenance and cycle views while doing the maintenance I then cannot fly because I cannot get the view back in the cockpit.

Seems like a bug to me.

But the Katana doesn't anything to your viewpoint if you open the canopy, due starting the maintenance or removing the pilot. That are internal variables the even won't influence FSX variables except the weight of the pilots position in the last case.

Thanks Marcel.......................That would narrow the issue down to EZCA I believe.

I will uninstall it completely and check if the issue remains.

I use the Katana with EZCA and TrackIR without any problems, so uninstalling EZCA is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Try running the EZCA config tool as I suggested, just to rule it out as the troublemaker and then try to define a new pilot camera. And what do you mean by "cycling the view?"

Thanks Jigsaw, I persisted with it.

I have reinstalled both TrackIR and EZDokon the latest version each (each was an older version) and now they both work fine.

Partly I missunderstood something with EZDok about using it and I had installed it using a "how to" on youtube.

Reading the manual fully and making more changes (had not changed button/joystick assignments) - it now works amazingly well.

Seemed very complex to use at first but now I get how to use the basic functions, define views etc.

Is there a store of addon aircraft EZDok view files somewhere ? Just wondering ?

I found this one but I only have one plane in it (though there are many):

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=156067&CatID=fsxmisc