FSX AES - CTD

I just installed AES 2.11 for FSX - Acceleration. This is the first time I have installed AES on my Windows7 machine. Every time I am placed at a gate, within 10 seconds FSX crashes to the desktop (CTD). The scenarios are as follows:

Default B737, A320 and B747, Feelthere E170 and E190 - Default EDDN (AES activated) - CTD

Default B737, A320 and B747, Feelthere E170 and E190 - FSDT LSZH (AES activated) - CTD

Default B737, A320 and B747, Feelthere E170 and E190 - FSDT LSGG(AES activated) - CTD

The popup message says that windows is trying to determine the problem, then FSX CTD and FSX restarted due to the selected checkbox for restart.

When I uninstall AES and repeat the scenarios above, everything is fine. I have tried downloading the installer ( AS_Airport-Enhancement-Services_V211.exe) 3 times and end up with the same results. I have AES 2.11 installed for FS2004 and no issues there.

Any ideas or can I provide any more missing information?

Thanks!

• Developer

Can you please try to delete the VistaMare Subdirectory below FSX Main Dir and then start AEHelp once again to rebuild the structure.

Did the CTD only happen, when you have AES Active and you start at a AES Airport, or did it also happen, when you place the aircraft to a non-AES airport?

I reinstalled AES 2.11 from a fresh download. Started FSX and then went to a non-AES airport. No CTD. Relocated to EDDN and experienced the CTD with 10 seconds of being placed at a gate. Deleted the VistaMare directory. Restarted AEHelp and the VistaMare directory was rebuilt. Started FSX and located to EDDN and experienced the CTD with 10 seconds of being placed at a gate. Started FSX and then went to a non-AES airport. No CTD. Relocated to FSDT's LSXH and experienced the CTD with 10 seconds of being placed at a gate. All of these were done with the default B737.

Reliability history only shows:

Description

Faulting Application Path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: g3d.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb58

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0008dc04

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

LCID: 1033

Bucket ID: 1214034364

I reinstalled AES 2.11 from a fresh download. Started FSX and then went to a non-AES airport. No CTD. Relocated to EDDN and experienced the CTD with 10 seconds of being placed at a gate. Deleted the VistaMare directory. Restarted AEHelp and the VistaMare directory was rebuilt. Started FSX and located to EDDN and experienced the CTD with 10 seconds of being placed at a gate. Started FSX and then went to a non-AES airport. No CTD. Relocated to FSDT's LSXH and experienced the CTD with 10 seconds of being placed at a gate. All of these were done with the default B737.

Reliability history only shows:

Description

Faulting Application Path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: g3d.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb58

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0008dc04

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

LCID: 1033

Bucket ID: 1214034364

g3d.dll errors would appear to be caused more by an overload of your system, running out of VRAM. Maybe a corrupt graphics driver.

• Developer

Looks like that the FSX will crash, when AES is initializing, not possible to say what exect it will generate, but it must have to do with a special situation on this PC, because otherwise we had more feedback like this.

It's not a logical error in the code, more a issue generated in combination with something else, for example when AES will create the transparent window, that this fails and so the dll crashs.

One of the hard error, as they will never be reproduceable on another PC.

I tried something basic. I saved off my current FSX.cfg file and let FSX build a new one. FSX did not CTD using the above scenarios. Now it is time to compare the newly build FSX.cfg file and the one causing the CTDs.

Oliver,

I have not heard back from support on the two FSX.cfg that I emailed them. Although, I have done my own comparison. I started adding back in the differences into the working FSX.cfg file in small sets trying to get the CTD to occur. I finally found the culprit. The line, DisablePreload=1, was the issue. With that line in the FSX.cfg file, FSX has a CTD. Without it, no CTD.

Any idea why this setting would cause a CTD?

• Developer

Yes, I got the file and the DisablePreload was that one I saw too. But I try to reproduce it, but here I don't get the CTD.

I think it is a timeing issue, which is maybe effected in your special case with this parameter.

As I see no big difference in loadtime (where this "tweak" should help) with or without this parameter and if it helps to remove it in you case, I think you can run without it (as it is default).