Problem with "Cold & Dark" with the Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X...

Hello dear artists of Aerosoft :wub:

Once again it's a great pleasure for me to acquire a new addon from your service.

There's few days I've buy the "Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X" and off course I select the option: "COLD & DARK" in the menu of this addon (Shift+3) because it's more realist !!!

The probleme it's that just one time since I pilote this aircraft, I have meet this real "COLD & DARK", when I was meet this situation of "COLD & DARK" I have can see the red starps or red belt who lock the stick, the pilot was not in the aircraft, the ground attachement and brake choks was present, the fuel shut-off valve was closed, all the switches are OFF.

For me it's a real "COLD & DARK" situation, but I sure that mon aircraft is on the "COLD & DARK" situation...

But I meet this good situation just "ONE TIME" and since each time I send my FSX and I choose the same "Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X" for me my aircraft is not in "COLD & DARK" situation, is it a bug ??

I uninstall this addon and off course re-installed this incredible addon but nothing, Impossible have my aircraft in the real "COLD & DARK" situation.

Please can you inform me for tell me if I'am the only user who meet this problem ?

I used your soft named: Reset-Tool but everything is the same, no Cold and Dark situation.

I hope a next patch for corrige this problem because this addon is wonderfull and novator ....

A great thank's in advance for your assistance, I'm very sorry for my poor English and I wish you a merry good day.

Best regards, Skulleader aka Olivier from France.

Hello dear artists of Aerosoft :wub:

Once again it's a great pleasure for me to acquire a new addon from your service.

There's few days I've buy the "Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X" and off course I select the option: "COLD & DARK" in the menu of this addon (Shift+3) because it's more realist !!!

The probleme it's that just one time since I pilote this aircraft, I have meet this real "COLD & DARK", when I was meet this situation of "COLD & DARK" I have can see the red starps or red belt who lock the stick, the pilot was not in the aircraft, the ground attachement and brake choks was present, the fuel shut-off valve was closed, all the switches are OFF.

For me it's a real "COLD & DARK" situation, but I sure that mon aircraft is on the "COLD & DARK" situation...

But I meet this good situation just "ONE TIME" and since each time I send my FSX and I choose the same "Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X" for me my aircraft is not in "COLD & DARK" situation, is it a bug ??

I uninstall this addon and off course re-installed this incredible addon but nothing, Impossible have my aircraft in the real "COLD & DARK" situation.

Please can you inform me for tell me if I'am the only user who meet this problem ?

I used your soft named: Reset-Tool but everything is the same, no Cold and Dark situation.

I hope a next patch for corrige this problem because this addon is wonderfull and novator ....

A great thank's in advance for your assistance, I'm very sorry for my poor English and I wish you a merry good day.

Best regards, Skulleader aka Olivier from France.

The cold and dark does not imply all chocks are in place, control locks attached. Only that the engine is off, all electrics disabled.

The scenario you want is PARKED.

I think the problem is that the plane and it's usage is saved. I also use the "cold and dark" option but the plane is always in the condition I left it. If I aply parking chocks, ground weights and so on after landing an parking, the plane will appear with all the equipment the next time I load it.

Same with the stick-locking strap, simply attache it before leaving the plane and there will be no pilot in the cockpit in the outside view.

greeze,

Günther

I think the problem is that the plane and it's usage is saved. I also use the "cold and dark" option but the plane is always in the condition I left it. If I aply parking chocks, ground weights and so on after landing an parking, the plane will appear with all the equipment the next time I load it.

Same with the stick-locking strap, simply attache it before leaving the plane and there will be no pilot in the cockpit in the outside view.

greeze,

Günther

The purpose of the settings menu is precisely to alter that `inherited` default state. So yes, it will open with the saved scenario it closed with UNLESS you use the setting menu. You can remove the pilot without using the control ratchet strap, but it does prevent the pilot being placed inside unless and until it is removed - EXACTLY like the real thing as the cockpit is a but `snug` to allow the pilot to reach around legs to disconnect the straps and to easily place them somewhere safe so you have to remove them before you get in.

Hello,

I would to thank you for your assistance, so I well read your comments and now I use the "parcked mode" and averything is OK.

Is it true that in "Code & Dark mode" the red belt are not avalaible.

Now everything is OK, once again Aerosoft have created an incredible addon !!!

Congratulation for this great addon.

Is it true that in "Code & Dark mode" the red belt are not avalaible.

Yes, that's true. Parked mode comes before cold and dark. You could say parked means 'colder and darker' mode... :P Afaik the belt/strap isn't used in cold and dark and the fuel is on. WIth parked fuel is off and the red strap is on. When you are in parked mode and turn the fuel valve on and remove the belt, you are (if I didn't miss a thing...) in cold and dark mode!

Hello J Van E,

Yes you have right, now my Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X is on the "parked mode", for me it's the best mode, no ?

A great thank's for your anwswer and your assistance.

Best regards, Olivier.

• 2 weeks later...

Disregard I figured out from reading another post my issue was caused by an incomplete patch process. Uninstalling and Reinstalling seems to have cured my issue.