Katana and 3D grass

Hi there,

I found a bug on KCMW airport from ORBX. When 3D grass is ON and you trying to start from parking position It causes crash our Katana.I didn`t check with other airports from ORBX with 3D grass.

BTW Thank you for Katana, Great model

Hi there,

I found a bug on KCMW airport from ORBX. When 3D grass is ON and you trying to start from parking position It causes crash our Katana.I didn`t check with other airports from ORBX with 3D grass.

BTW Thank you for Katana, Great model

No it is not a bug you found. It is part of the installer of KCMW that explecitly states that you MUST switch off crash detect if you install KCMW. (that is if you read the section above that say "do you accept the terms...")

In the mean time there is a patch out release last week for KCMW that correct the 3d grass crashes..

head over to ORBX and get latest downlaod.

http://www.orbxsyste...dows-v11-patch/

the other option is to take off crash detect in FSX.. (most users do this.. as there are just too many crash boxes not properly defined and hapen all the time

No it is not a bug you found. It is part of the installer of KCMW that explecitly states that you MUST switch off crash detect if you install KCMW. (that is if you read the section above that say "do you accept the terms...")

In the mean time there is a patch out release last week for KCMW that correct the 3d grass crashes..

head over to ORBX and get latest downlaod.

http://www.orbxsyste...dows-v11-patch/

the other option is to take off crash detect in FSX.. (most users do this.. as there are just too many crash boxes not properly defined and hapen all the time

Thank you for reply

I have installed this patch and everything works well with other aircrafts but no with Katana. Strange.

I have installed this patch and everything works well with other aircrafts but none with Katana. Strange

Can you give indication where at cushman it happen, As I have been off the runways a few tmes and have yet to get a crash.

please be a bit more specific so that I can try and replicate it, but I have never had a crash, but then again I have not crash detect ON.. So if you have found such a spot where there is a crash you need to take that up with ORBX, the developers of KCMW. Sorry but the katana cannot create the crash by itselves.

for example KCMW (patch 1.1) - parking 11 -- ramp GA small. Katana 1.1. Crashes in FSX ON, 3D Grass option is ON for KCMW (if OFF everything is ok). Crash shortly after starting FSX. No problems with other aircraft (A2A, PMDG, Cerenado)

I have experienced grass crashes in a number of places all over PNW even though I have the latest libraries. and these were installed last.

On their forum- Orbx - they are working on doing a patch for this grass crashing issue specifically for all of PNW (not just Cushmans)

Perhaps your location of parking is just slightly different - at least that is what I have experienced.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...