Aerosoft Adras Field Online server

• Aerosoft

Took a while but the Andras Field online flying server is now online. It's freely available for everybody (you do not need Andras Field). We also created a TeamSpeak server for the communication. As this all runs on a new dedicated machine it should be available 24/7 and very fast.

To fly online you will just need FSX and a GameSpy account. How to connect is best explained with just a few images.

post-43-0-93505500-1307088209_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-37219400-1307088275_thumb.jpg

You can also connect directly at IP: 85.114.130.22

post-43-0-29997300-1307088066_thumb.jpg

To use TeamSpeak you will first have to download it via teamspeak.com and create a account. The IP for the server is the same as for the GameSpy server.

We decided to use TeamSpeak as it is seems to be the default standard and because it provides superior performance. The TeamSpeak server password is softaero

post-43-0-35812000-1307088379_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-54526200-1307088072_thumb.jpg

No password? Won't this get the "professionals" we usually see there online excited?

Its not really an issue. If it becomes an issue Im sure Mathijs can get a password put on the session.

On the one hand I say, Well done for this. It's a great idea, and very welcomed. On the other hand, putting it in the "Free Flight" lobby was a huge mistake. For most of us, as soon as we change to the free flight lobby, we immediately get kicked off game spy during certain times of the day. Then trying to log back into GameSpy is a complete nightmare. I personally stay way from the free flight lobby religiously, and never go there.

Shame, I was looking forward to the experience of Andras Field, but unfortunately I won't be going there sorry.

On the one hand I say, Well done for this. It's a great idea, and very welcomed. On the other hand, putting it in the "Free Flight" lobby was a huge mistake. For most of us, as soon as we change to the free flight lobby, we immediately get kicked off game spy during certain times of the day. Then trying to log back into GameSpy is a complete nightmare. I personally stay way from the free flight lobby religiously, and never go there.

Shame, I was looking forward to the experience of Andras Field, but unfortunately I won't be going there sorry.

Yes, Free Flight lobby sucks monkeyballs. So that's why we should be able to log on directly via the provided IP.

Hope it will work ok, I'll be on tonight, around 20:00 UTC+2.

• Aerosoft

Tigerclaw, we tested this and we never had any of these issues. If it ever get's an issue we can change that easy. Just like the password.

Too bad nobody seems to be using TeamSpeak. Can an announcement be placed into the flightserver, that use of TeamSpeak is highly recommended, if not mandatory?

Either that, or enable speech into the flightserver directly. Right now it's a free for all with 12 guys trying to hump a football.

You obviously don't share the weekly ball of joy that we call "Royal Dutch Eredivisie"

No we dont have the pleasure of that on UK tv. Personally Im more a fan of Super League Rugby :unsure:

Right. In footie the cry-baby panzies are rewarded by penalizing the other player who made him cry. In Icehockey, the cry-baby panzies get 2 minutes of benchtime. My kind of sport!

Just noticed this. I might dust off the desktop PC tonight and drop in. I'm guessing theres some Andras updates I've missed so I'll go hunt them out now.

Just noticed this. I might dust off the desktop PC tonight and drop in. I'm guessing theres some Andras updates I've missed so I'll go hunt them out now.

1.17 download from order history ;)

Can the gamespy server speech be enabled? The teamspeak server is not being used. People who come to the Andras server from FSX/Gamespy direct, don't know about the teamspeak (apparently), so don't use it. Managing the tower with 12 a/c is somewhat hard if no-one is talking/listening/hearing.

Either than or change to server message to say the MUST use the TS server.

Automatically kicking anyone who doesn't...