Phase 2 - FINALLY concluded.... Winners announced inside.

Ok Phase 2 will start June 11th at 2000UTC and run for 8 weeks to the 6th August at 2000UTC. As we have people on holiday etc at this time of year I've extended from 6 to 8 weeks. This phase has the longest leg in it at 869nm and possibly the most non tarmac/concrete runways laugh.gif Enjoy the planning and Luke, no starting til 2000UTC on the 11th June tongue.gif

Phase 2 15 legs, you cannot use an individual aircraft more than 4 times in this segment. Which must be the same selection as from phase 1. Remember you may change 1 aircraft if you want to and havent done so already.

2B2 - KBUF 347

KBUF - 06C 418.4

06C - KASE 869

KASE - KBTF 252.4

KBTF - KLAS 324.8

KLAS - A34 282.2

A34 - KHWD 153.4

KHWD - KLMT 270.4

KLMT - KSEA 318.5

KSEA - CYZT 277.6

CYZT - PAWG 391

PAWG - PASI 104

PASI - PAYA 200.2

PAYA - PADQ 413.7

PADQ - PADU 525.5

TOTAL 5148.1

And a little picture of the phase

phase2.jpg

I can go 1 better than that...When you get payware for free :P

I chose Fjords as 1 of my prizes from the spot landing comp - glad i did now.

Hmmm...looking at the route, im gona take my time on this 1.

As the last leg ends in a very cold place,i dont want to stay there too long

But its Dutch harbor :D , so if i get to the final leg 3 weeks before the end of this phase - and the weather reports are good to go,i'll be going.A week or 2 fogged in / Airport closed isnt rare there i believe. ^_^

I can go 1 better than that...When you get payware for free :P

I chose Fjords as 1 of my prizes from the spot landing comp - glad i did now.

Hmmm...looking at the route, im gona take my time on this 1.

As the last leg ends in a very cold place,i dont want to stay there too long

But its Dutch harbor :D , so if i get to the final leg 3 weeks before the end of this phase - and the weather reports are good to go,i'll be going.A week or 2 fogged in / Airport closed isnt rare there i believe. ^_^

Yep thats right and with only a NDB it makes it all the more interesting when the weather is IFR :lol:

I love Tongas Fjords, ramp all the sliders to the right and it looks just amazing. Plus all the ship traffic, helicopters and seaplane traffic really bring Sitka alive

I've managed to find freeware add-ons for half those destinations so far. Better than last time. That should make it more interesting.

Ian, where did you find these freeware add-ons? can you post some links?

thanks a lot?

@Matt:

btw. what about the winner(s) of Phase1 ?

I managed to find KBUF, KASE, KBTF, KLAS, KSEA , PASI and PAWG, all on Flightsim.com. Just search in FSX Scenery by the ICAO ident. I need to expand my search to other places and see if I can find any more. I don't have spare funds to buy the payware stuff at the moment...

Ian, where did you find these freeware add-ons? can you post some links?

thanks a lot?

@Matt:

btw. what about the winner(s) of Phase1 ?

Been delayed with due to the chest infection I have, my appologies. Im totting up the scores as and when Im compos mentis enough. Hopefully come the end of the weekend I will have them done. Doesnt help when certain people have encluded all their landing scores, which means Im left checking flight by flight for them :huh:

Screenshot winner for the phase will be announced by Ole, as he's judging that.

Whilst trying to work out if I should replace one of my fleet, I got got busy working out runway lengths etc and have made a scoring template for Phase 2 based on the original, but I can't upload it because it is an .xls file.

Any ideas?

Whilst trying to work out if I should replace one of my fleet, I got got busy working out runway lengths etc and have made a scoring template for Phase 2 based on the original, but I can't upload it because it is an .xls file.

Any ideas?

email it over to me and I will attach it for you ;)

I'm still here. Although my internet access is severly limited, I can still fly... Just not post about it every day.

By the way Matt, nice route...

But did you HAVE to let the longest route start in such a small airstrip?? going to see if my C130 gets in there, but if not, it'll be the Duke...

In that case, it'll be a looooooooooong flight :P

I'll give you to 2000 UTC Saturday 11th June to get me your log book files. If you can by then yes, if not then no as that is one of the prerequsites to carry on.