Aerosoft Launcher

mopperle

• Deputy Sheriffs

Although I'm a longtime supporter of Aeorsoft products, I'm getting really angry! The Launcher is really c.r.a.p! :angry:

Today I made a new install of Nice X and at the end it offered to install version 1.0.0.7 of the Launcher. BTW the launcher is still unable to find its own updates :angry:

After installing (unbelievable he found the correct path and asked for updating the existing version) and opening it, I found this:

I new section "Scenery" where he put Nice X. Why not under the existing "sceneries"?

Looking at the other categories I realized, that all thumbnails under "category unknown" were gone.

Looking at the installation directory under ...\Aerosoft\Launcher\aeroApps I found other interesting things:

An additional folder "Tools-Missions" beside the original "Tools" and within these folders double entries like "AirbusX" and "Airbus X" caused due to different naming.

So I would really like to know which Id.. is responsible for this piece of c.r.a.p! :angry2_s: I really wonder if you ever heard about QA!

Sorry for this harsh words, but I'm really upset about such lack of professionalism.

Mopperle,

I believe Nice X doesn't appear in the sceneries section as it does not require require registration with the Aerosoft Launcher. That is why it appears in the unknown section.

I think it is Aerosoft's intention at some point to deal with those unknown products so that they become registered.

As for your AirbusX, Airbus X issue. It appears you have Airbus X and the Airbus X Virtual Airline edition installed. It looks like AirbusX is associated with the VA edition and named that way as not to replace the Airbus X folder.

Sometimes things are done for good reason.

I hope this helps answer your questions and perhaps Mathijs can say more.

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mopperle,

I believe Nice X doesn't appear in the sceneries section as it does not require require registration with the Aerosoft Launcher. That is why it appears in the unknown section.

I think it is Aerosoft's intention at some point to deal with those unknown products so that they become registered.

As for your AirbusX, Airbus X issue. It appears you have Airbus X and the Airbus X Virtual Airline edition installed. It looks like AirbusX is associated with the VA edition and named that way as not to replace the Airbus X folder.

Sometimes things are done for good reason.

I hope this helps answer your questions and perhaps Mathijs can say more.

Chris

Chris,

in both suggestions you're wrong:

- Nice X appears not in the "category unknown", but in another catergory "Scenery" and if so, they could have named the category something like "Sceneries not to be activated". I'm afraid they messed araound the language versions and that's a sign of poor QA.

- I don't have the VA Edition, and there are tons of double entries differing only in a space between the product name and the X or having no "X"

Here some examples:

Chris,

in both suggestions you're wrong:

- Nice X appears not in the "category unknown", but in another catergory "Scenery" and if so, they could have named the category something like "Sceneries not to be activated". I'm afraid they messed araound the language versions and that's a sign of poor QA.

- I don't have the VA Edition, and there are tons of double entries differing only in a space between the product name and the X or having no "X"

Here some examples:

Mopperle,

Apologies, I misread your initial post. What I can tell you is that my ....Aerosoft/Launcher/aeroApps is ok, it has no duplication and only lists products I've purchased.

I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another one:

When I read about the update for Andras Field, let the Launcher try to find the update. Well, he didn't, OK may be a li

little bit early.

But he told me there is an Update for Nice. Of course I had already installed this update, and so the messages

I got from the Launcher are somehow confusing:

So, either the Launcher shows every update, regardless what is already installed, or this is another bug. I think it's a bug, otherwise it should show much more updates. :rolleyes:

• Deputy Sheriffs

and another one: :rolleyes:

Ver. 1.0.0.7 also told me about a new version of Barcelona X (1.01). So I download the new version, uninstalled the old one, installed new Barcelona X, and hey, what did I get: YES, another instance of the Launcher in the old place (C:\Program Files....) and of course with the old version (1.0.0.4)

:goodjob_s:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Where do I find Version 1.0.0.7, as my current version 1.0.0.6 can't connect to server, so I am unable to activate my product.

Thanks

Ken