FSX -Acceptable Frame rates

outrun74

Hi,

I was wondering what frame rates other FSX users aim for. I know it runs differently on various systems, with multipe factors that effect performance.

My system is a Phenom quad x4 3.2, 4gb ram + Nvidia GTX 260.

I run all kinds of add on planes & scenery (with AI traffic!), and depending on where I am flying I get on average between 20 - 30 FPS.

I find 20FPS as "flyable" but anything below that and it shows.

I run all kinds of add on planes & scenery (with AI traffic!), and depending on where I am flying I get on average between 20 - 30 FPS.

I find 20FPS as "flyable" but anything below that and it shows.

For me it's 16 and up, but I do run on a laptop. It's AirbusX, freeware or payware scenerie and 80% traffic.(Usually, I use other planes as well...) Only problem-it heat's up very fast.

The way I see it, 24 fps is acceptable, as thats what blueray's are recorded at. but on my rig I average 40-60 fps and drop to 20 which is still smooth around VFR London and Manhattan X

Film fps and computer fps are completely and utterly different. In fact film fps owes more to monitor refresh rate than anything else.

It's all about smooooooooooothness, not ultimate numbers. You need enough `spare` capacity to allow background processes and `invisible` game code to actuate. Superfast fps may be as limiting as singl-digit frame rates.

The way I see it, 24 fps is acceptable, as thats what blueray's are recorded at. but on my rig I average 40-60 fps and drop to 20 which is still smooth around VFR London and Manhattan X

24 FPS is fine for non interactive media... anytime you control the camera angle you want a little bit more.