Gibraltar X runway lights disappearing

outrun74

Hi,

I have been using Gibraltar X for a month or so, I notice when I fly the Aerosoft F16 or Wilco Airbus, sometimes the papi lights disappear.

It also seems like the runway texture disappears also.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Outrun74

Hi, this is the only add on airport I have purchased that does it(i have heathrow extreme, uk airports, flytampa, cote dazur, etc)

My system is a phenom quadcore 3.2ghz, NVIDIA GTX 260 with latest drivers, 4gb ram and I dont think its under particularly heavy loads as this is no AI traffic in the area.

Just before they disappear, black boxes appear around the lights...

As much as I like this airport, If I cant get the PAPI lights working, this airport is useless to me (particularly as Gibraltar does have ILS!)

I have tried:

1.Disabling the road traffic does not solve it

2.Tried the highmemfix - issue persists

Is there anything else I can try? Can I copy over using the default FSX PAPI lights or something?

Thanks,

Outrun 74

Hi Shaun,

It has happened to me a couple of times on touch and go's with the F16 for runway 09.

It happened every time yesterday after taking off in the Wilco a320, when I come back the lights and runway texture have disappeared on runway 27..

I am going to try a few more tests tonight to try and isolate the cause.

Kind regards,

Outrun74

Thanks Oliver, I tried a couple of circuits last night with autogen on "sparse" and the problem did not happen!

I will do more tests tonight .

I would never have thought it would be related with this setting, I have always prefered autogen off (my vfr photo scenery disables this on install)

FSX has some strange quirks!

:)