Gamespy server for Andras Field is ONLINE

ok just for squits and kicks, have you tried creating a new game spy account? I Know my old old gamespy account that I paid for when they did the pay once get a life time memberside about 9 yrs ago wont work on FSX. I had to create a new account just for fsx. Maybe worth while trying that. it doesnt cost anything after all.

hmmm let me think on that for a bit. Are you able to join different areas in gamespy like bush flying etc. Also a list of background running programs would be handy

Gotta go out, so will take this up later. Can't get on to sessions in other selections. Not much running i the background - AVG, IE, Saitek stuff for yoke etc.

I've done a router reset as well, but still no go... whatever session I try to join just times out. I've temporarily disabled all the AVG Real-Time checks, but no difference. Either my PC is n ot sending or nothing is coming back. But I have no tools to check that.

I'm not able to disable my firewall on thus router so can't test that.

I've done a router reset as well, but still no go... whatever session I try to join just times out. I've temporarily disabled all the AVG Real-Time checks, but no difference. Either my PC is n ot sending or nothing is coming back. But I have no tools to check that.

I'm not able to disable my firewall on thus router so can't test that.

Have you checked windows firewall settings?

OK well in that case, if youve tried with win firewall off, AVG completely off it must be your router. Id try opening the ports fsx is using on your router, see if thats causing the problems. If not them its got to be something specific to your PC

have you checked which ports ghost recon uses on your router/avg settings? Just a though as that might shed some light as to why fsx wont connect to hosts

Edit: Just to exclude the obvious, you are using fsx sp2 and or acceloration pack?

I'm using the Acceleration pack. What I bought was the Deluxe Edition, which is SP2 and Acceleration. Ghost Recon uses a completely different set of ports.

I'm using the Acceleration pack. What I bought was the Deluxe Edition, which is SP2 and Acceleration. Ghost Recon uses a completely different set of ports.

Im at a loss then, I have fsx gold and delux + acceloration on seperate pc's and the both connect fine

I give up. I shall have to resign myself to flying on my own unless I use VATSIM and FSInn.

I almost wonder if its fsinn that changed a setting anywhere

Yeah, but what? If it's a network setting why does GameSpy work for Ghost Recon? I also use Ubi's servers for Silent Hunter with no probems. What might FSInn do to FS? As far as I inkow it's all external, unless someone knows otherwise.

Yeah, but what? If it's a network setting why does GameSpy work for Ghost Recon? I also use Ubi's servers for Silent Hunter with no probems. What might FSInn do to FS? As far as I inkow it's all external, unless someone knows otherwise.

I dont have a clue having never used it. GIve it a shot by moving your fsx.cfg to your desktop and letting fsx rebuild it then try connecting to the gamespy host