Gamespy server for Andras Field is ONLINE

Interestingly, if I try that, I get an error saying it can't connect to Gamespy. I'm more and more convinced that something is being blocked somewhere, but I can't work out how.

Right, will take a look and give you a direct web link and you can try that. By the way, what router and internet provider are you using as a previous post may hold the answer.

Right, will take a look and give you a direct web link and you can try that. By the way, what router and internet provider are you using as a previous post may hold the answer.

My router is a Netgear DGNB1100, and my ISP was Pipex, they are now owned by TalkTalk. If I go directly to the Gamespy site I can log on to there. I use Gamespy regularly for online games with my brother so the link to Gamespy itself shouldn't be an issue, unless there is something that is done differently for FSX.

I wouldn't know that. But anyhow, I'm online on TS3 and gamespy doing T&G's @ EAFS in my "new" Wilga, so if you think I can be of service, just drop in.

My router is a Netgear DGNB1100, and my ISP was Pipex, they are now owned by TalkTalk. If I go directly to the Gamespy site I can log on to there. I use Gamespy regularly for online games with my brother so the link to Gamespy itself shouldn't be an issue, unless there is something that is done differently for FSX.

I'm with TalkTalk so cant see an issue with that.Have you tried borrowing another router? May well be a ############### suggestion but... one never knows. A direct link to setting up a new account on the same email address is as follows (http://supportcenteronline.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=3233). Can't see that helping you. Have you spoke to both TalkTalk and the Netgear chappies to try and resolve? Other than that I'm at a loss, will have to get hold of the Nephew when he comes back to the UK end of this month, he's the expert on this one. Do you have Teamviewer 5? Could set up a session just to check your settings for your router and firewall!!

I just came across this in the FSX readme file - seems unlikely but "

Netgear routers will also not connect to sessions hosted on computers with the following routers: Microsoft MN-100, Microsoft MN-500, and Linksys WRT54G." - is this likely to apply to the Andras server connection?

Would you believe it... I just switched to BT as my ISP, and installed a nice shiny new HomeHub. I now find that I can log on to the Andras server via Gamespy!

Nice one mate, here's hoping you have fun..... May see you online at some stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Raphael at Aerosoft has set the internal clock in Andras Field Gamespy server to -10 hours, so now it should be possible to fly in daylight....

It is good with the time. When i fly it is in late time and threrefore when i fly it is in the meantime. Thank you. But last week i startet a flight every day in AndrasField and nobody was online. Is it possible that the guys of Andrasfield do not fly ? I try it every evenyg, but nothing happens.

Sorry for my question, but i want to know wat is going on.

Wolfgang

• 1 month later...

Hi Heliguy, as you may be aware, the Aerosoft server is down with technical problems, we are eagerly awaiting news of it's recovery. In the meantime, if enough people want ot fly at the same time, someone sets themselves up as a host and we log on there.

I don't quite mean like that.. I mean can anybody advise me on what server you run as I would like to do the same.

Also i notice you guys host a tempary TeamSpeak from time to time, I have a few servers so i can give you a 24/7 one free as payback for my lovely Andras Field :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just purchases Andras Field and set up Teamspeak 3. All working fine, as was the connection to Gamespy. So far so good.

Logged into both and found myself alone.........

When is the best time to visit (I am on UK time)?

hello fellow pilots, i too have been on the server alone and would like to fly with other pilots .to this end i will try to be online all this week at approx 8pm gmt for take off/landing practice .i have teamspeak but my mic is broken a sad case of hoover mangles cable !

i understand life/work gets in the way somtimes but hope to fly with fellow flight sim pilots .regards sammyk

• 4 months later...

Hi OleAndreasen and fellow members of Andras Fields, my name is Pierre (Spud) and since I've joined Aerosoft, I've always watched Andras Fields. At one stage, I even had a banner. :) But, as time went along, everyone was buying plots, hangers and houses and I was starting to get very confused. :mecry_s: I've since seen and followed the world event where all the experienced pilots joined together on this mammoth journey. I followed it with great interest by reading all the comments. You guys rock and had a fantastic time. rock.gif

I wasn't experienced enough to join. The reason being, I had to download something similar to game spy. (sorry I forget what it was). Also, the technical side of things, lodge flight plan, report in at certain times and another download was how you landed etc on the day. bigcrybaby.gif Way to much for me as a novice ! By the way guys, I'm 61 years of age and not too computer savvy.

Ole, you're the man ! Is there any way that you could put something into place for me to purchase Andras Fields where I could come online and fly as if on FS-X Game Spy and fly with other Andras Field Members ?

How easy would that be. Not everyone is into world challengers and I'm sure that other members reading this would join for just some fun flights. jump.gif

Thanks for reading guys.

Cheers,

Pierre