Gamespy server for Andras Field is ONLINE

Ian,

I don't know what FSInn does, but I do know it does something.

I had a problem with FSX crashing on start up after I installed UT2. Observations led me to believe that the crash occured when UT2 loaded in the startup process. It looked like a conflict with FSInn on some .dll.

After I uninstalled FSInn everything worked as advertised.

Now I have to say that I discussed this with a tester for FSInn who claims that the problems can not be caused by FSInn but since my problems were solved I did not take very much notice of his objections.

Sorry, I forgot the details because it is a couple of months ago and my issue is solved now.

Hopes this helps a little?:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kasper,

My problem is that I use FSInn for other stuff so I can't remove it.

Why not uninstall, just to test if it IS the culprit?

It's not FSinn as I have it installed. On logging on today it took me about 8 attempts to get in!! If you also right click the traffic lights in FSInn and select close then that should help rather than uninstalling.

Are you trying to log into Gamespy, freeflight lobby, or into the Aerosoft server áfter that?

If in the first: the freeflight lobby is bugged as hell. When filled to capacity with players (although no set capacity is given, the busier, the buggyer), you'll lose connection immediately after logging in, or somewhere along the line while flying. Very annoying. If this is the case, try to log in and ASAP try to go another lobby. I use the Bush Flying lobby. Then disconnect. After connecting again, you will startup standard in that lobby, NOT in the freeflight lobby anymore.

When in another lobby than the freeflight lobby, just connect directly to the Aerosoft Server via IP.

Curiously, even when you are not residing in the freeflight lobby, but are playing on a server that is, no connection problems will occur.

Are you trying to log into Gamespy, freeflight lobby, or into the Aerosoft server áfter that?

Was going into freeflight but, now I'm in I then have it set up to the Aerosoft IP.

Was going into freeflight but, now I'm in I then have it set up to the Aerosoft IP.

That's what I do too. I've heard about the problems getting into the Free flight lobby, so set myself to go into Bush Flying - a lot less crowded.

I'll check out that gamespy autologin.

OK.

Due to problems with logging in to the Gamespy server Raphael in Aerosoft has changed it.

He has changed the lobby to Fly-in and the server has the same password as the teamspeak server.

Hope this will work better.smile.gif

OK.

Due to problems with logging in to the Gamespy server Raphael in Aerosoft has changed it.

He has changed the lobby to Fly-in and the server has the same password as the teamspeak server.

Hope this will work better.smile.gif

Great! Thanks!

Let's see if I can hook up tonight for some overland VA AMA flying.

Still no joy for me. I try to connect to the IP address, click Find Sessions, get the prompt for the session password, which I put in. I then get Trying to Connect... I can see a name in the Lobby display (other than mine) but eventually I get the Network Response Timeout message. It feels to me like something is being blocked by my PC but I have no idea what.

Edit: I took out FSCopilot.dll to stop FSInn setting up, but still no difference.

• 1 month later...

Yup, still got the problem. Not running any firewalls except the one on my router, and that has ports opened (details I found on the web) to allow traffic.

Edit: As an experiment I set my router up to allow all inbound and outbound messages, and cleared all theblocked sites from IE. Still get the Network Response Timed Out when I try to log on to the Andras session. I can't think of anything else to try.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys i have a question about Andrs Field online , i wanted to know if its really necessary to download squawin software when you fly at Andras Field online?. thanks!

A slight change - when I try to connect directly to the IP address I do actually get the prompt for the session password, which I didn't do before. Still getting Network Response Timeout after entering the password though.

Ok, now I'm really stumped. In an attempt to work out what is happening with my Gamespy link from FSX, I set up 2 rules on my Router firewall to allow and log all connections, inbound and outbound. Windows defender is off, Windows Firewall is on but FSX is included as an exception, and Firewall is set to flag up any new programmes it blocks. I have temporarily disabled AVG so it is not doing anything. I can log on to Gamespy from withing FSX, and see player ids in the lobby. I click on the Anras session and click Join, I get the password prompt. I put in the password. After a short while the number of players on the Andras session goes up by one. Then there's a longer delay and I get the Network Response Timeout. I check the log for my Router and I can see a load of stuff outbound but nothing coming in. If I try and connect directly it's pretty much the same: I get the password prompt after a short delay, then a long delay and Network Response Timeout. Again, the log shows no inbound traffic. I can't help thinking the problem is elsewhere - a service or something similar that isn't running on my PC; a .dll missing or out of date... something along those lines. Unfortunately, searching the Internet has been no use.

Ok, now I'm really stumped.

Me to! One thing you can try is reset your Username and Password to see if that does anything. When you go to log into Multiplayer, click on Lost Password and it takes you to the relevant web site. Browse the part where you can delete your detail's i.e. you have to delete your email address from their system to restart again. It's just something I've been pondering over this weekend, it may work and it may not. No harm in trying.

Ok, now I'm really stumped. In an attempt to work out what is happening with my Gamespy link from FSX, I set up 2 rules on my Router firewall to allow and log all connections, inbound and outbound. Windows defender is off, Windows Firewall is on but FSX is included as an exception, and Firewall is set to flag up any new programmes it blocks. I have temporarily disabled AVG so it is not doing anything. I can log on to Gamespy from withing FSX, and see player ids in the lobby. I click on the Anras session and click Join, I get the password prompt. I put in the password. After a short while the number of players on the Andras session goes up by one. Then there's a longer delay and I get the Network Response Timeout. I check the log for my Router and I can see a load of stuff outbound but nothing coming in. If I try and connect directly it's pretty much the same: I get the password prompt after a short delay, then a long delay and Network Response Timeout. Again, the log shows no inbound traffic. I can't help thinking the problem is elsewhere - a service or something similar that isn't running on my PC; a .dll missing or out of date... something along those lines. Unfortunately, searching the Internet has been no use.

Just plucking this out the air really as it looks like you've tried pretty much everything (!)

Are you able to go directly from the Modem into the pc bypassing the router completly?

Me to! One thing you can try is reset your Username and Password to see if that does anything. When you go to log into Multiplayer, click on Lost Password and it takes you to the relevant web site. Browse the part where you can delete your detail's i.e. you have to delete your email address from their system to restart again. It's just something I've been pondering over this weekend, it may work and it may not. No harm in trying.

Interestingly, if I try that, I get an error saying it can't connect to Gamespy. I'm more and more convinced that something is being blocked somewhere, but I can't work out how.