Larnaca issue ?

sotiris

Good evening,

Soon after flying downwind of rwy 22, FS9 froze irreversibly. It was not a CTD, only FS9 froze. Other applications kept on working and I saw through the Task Manager that FS9.exe was consuming

587 MB of memory at the time (out of 3 GB I have got). The MS error technical report quoted fs9.exe and appcompat as involved files.

Could that be ascribed to a scenery (LCLK X) issue ?

winXP SP3

ATI HD4870

3GB RAM

FS9.1

Thanks,

Sotiris.

Don't use FS9 so I would suggest going down the road of elimination. Does it happen in the same place with the same aircraft? does it do it with other aircraft? have you tried deactivating the airport and using the default? and does it still occur? Do you have other scenery which maybe interfering and if so, have you tried eliminating that?

James,

I carried out those checks and it seems that the issue was brought about by a lightmap (l.bmp) included in user plane textures. It was verified as incompatible by bmp2dxt3.bat (a DXT3 converter program).

But, no matter that, during those tests I noticed and confirmed -three to four times- stutters lasting about 2 seconds in every phase of approach until landing at LCLK of Aerosoft. Believe me, it is very annoying.

I know this is a known issue, but I believe that it MUST be sorted out by Aerosoft by means of an update. It can't be left as is now. If I had an alternative LCLK scenery, I would uninstall Larnaca X until fixed, but

LCLK as it exists nowadays, is not included in FS9 stock sceneries.

Thanks anyway James.

I have just downloaded, installed & checked Larnaca X v1.10. Good work this time by Aerosoft team as for performance - thanks.

However, AFCAD file for that scenery missed apron, taxiway and some runway lines. I fixed it using the corrected AFCAD of the previous installation.

Thanks again.