FSC9 - STAR and transitions

Markoz

Hi.

Although I can add either a STAR or a TRANS into my flight plans, but I cannot enter both. If I add a STAR at my arrival airport, the option to select a Transition is greyed out. And if I add the TRANS, the option to add a STAR is greyed out. It is one or the other, but not both. Seeing as I'm used to flying my FSX flights in aircraft that have an FMC (Heavies), where you can provide both a STAR and a TRANS in the FMC, I am surprised that I can't do it with FSC9. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there something wrong with my installation of FSC9?

My OS is Window 7 Professional 64bit. Both FSX and FSC9 are installed on a separate drive (F:), well away from the C: drive. I install FSC using "Run as administrator", AND I had the UAC turned OFF at the time of installation. I have added all the available fixes, fsc_2010_11_23.zip, fsc_2011_01_01.zip and fsc_2011_03_01.zip, as they became available, so my installation of FSC is up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi.

Although I can add either a STAR or a TRANS into my flight plans, but I cannot enter both. If I add a STAR at my arrival airport, the option to select a Transition is greyed out. And if I add the TRANS, the option to add a STAR is greyed out. It is one or the other, but not both. Seeing as I'm used to flying my FSX flights in aircraft that have an FMC (Heavies), where you can provide both a STAR and a TRANS in the FMC, I am surprised that I can't do it with FSC9. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there something wrong with my installation of FSC9?

My OS is Window 7 Professional 64bit. Both FSX and FSC9 are installed on a separate drive (F:), well away from the C: drive. I install FSC using "Run as administrator", AND I had the UAC turned OFF at the time of installation. I have added all the available fixes, fsc_2010_11_23.zip, fsc_2011_01_01.zip and fsc_2011_03_01.zip, as they became available, so my installation of FSC is up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark, nothing is wrong with what you're doing or with your installation. This is a bug that is not easy to solve, but according to the developers, will hopefully fixed in version 9.1

Mark, nothing is wrong with what you're doing or with your installation. This is a bug that is not easy to solve, but according to the developers, will hopefully fixed in version 9.1

Thank you Otto.

I really hope they can make it add both!

FSC9 is already great for flight plan creating, I create lots of flight plans using it. To be able to add both will make FSC9 fantastic.

At the moment, I add the STAR, take a note of the all the waypoints, remove the STAR and manually add the waypoints and then add the TRANS to complete the flight plan. It's a nifty workaround, but awkward.

Mark

• 4 months later...

I just downloaded and installed FSC 9.1. I love it and all its changes, which includes the one in this topic. It has made FSC 9 even better than it was before.

Thank you again and keep up the good work!

Mark