Reworked Beaver

Fred

The Beaver from Aerosoft has been around for awhile now and I really think it is mature for a total remake. I am dreaming of having a Beaver with all the whistles you now have ie. in the new Katana. It is the ultimate bushplane and with all the lovely sceneries we have nowadays it would have been a nice treat.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

I think what he means it an upgraded texture set, and features such as powerplant maintainence and a fuly functional VC. It is not as if he wnats them to put a glass cockpit with an FMC in it. However I must say it would be a big task and the Aerosoft plate seems prety full at the moment.

You're asking them to model things that aren't in the real Beaver, which is probably older than you are. :D

So I do need to have my head examined you mean? To make it a bit clearer for you Bruce what I meant was that this old model of the Beaver has been on the market for a long long time. It needs to be refurbished as a product to live up to the standards we are used to nowadays. New textures, a better VC, new features maybe like engine wear, oil refill and all that stuff that makes it fun to take care of. All I'm asking is to raise the bar a couple of notches to make the aircraft more of a challenge to use than todays model. Who said anything about an FMC? At best you have a GPS in the plane like this and a new custom made GPS would I been nice instead of the FSX standard you find there today.

All I'm asking is to make a very good aircraft better. And I know that Aerosoft can do that.

I totally agree with Fred. I completely reworked Beaver would be nice. Maybe we will be lucky at it will be traferredand updated to run in Xplane 10 dry.gif

So I do need to have my head examined you mean? To make it a bit clearer for you Bruce what I meant was...

I know what you meant, Fred, and I stand by what I posted. For Aerosoft to modernize the Beaver would be like A2A adding a glass cockpit to the Piper Cub. The Beaver looks old because it is, and it should stay that way.

I know what you meant, Fred, and I stand by what I posted. For Aerosoft to modernize the Beaver would be like A2A adding a glass cockpit to the Piper Cub. The Beaver looks old because it is, and it should stay that way.

I think he ment in a way that they would update the gauges, and the looks not the remake the physicks of the plane. Just sort of a cleaning.

Bruce, your are one of a kind. :wacko: I am NOT asking for a glass cockpit. I am NOT asking to modernize the Beaver. I am asking for a remake of the aircraft with better textures, higher resolution in VC etc. to get it up to the standard we see on new releases today. Not to remake the flying phyics because it flies like a dream.

You brought up A2A here as an example. Yeah, take their PiperCub. They have modelled in a lot of nice features into that model making it more enjoyable than the default one. But you surely prefer the MS default one the way you speak.

I'm asking Aerosoft to do something up the A2A alley with the Beaver. Or something like Marcel did with his Katana. No matter what you say, I want a new Beaver.

• Upvote 2

I agree with the points Fred is making. Adding all the Katana's functions to a revamped model of the Beaver would be very welcome indeed.

• Upvote 1

As a developer I would like to see a refurbished Beaver too.

I think What Fred has in mind is a Beaver as we know it from real life, just with state of the art modelling and textures plus engine mananegment requirements like those found in the Hugehs H-1, Catalina, Katana and Dimona.

For maintance I would suggest something inbetween the Dimona and Katana ie. Oilrefill, cumulative engine wear etc.

I think that their would be a fair market for such a refurbished Beaver.

Just my take :)

Finn

• Upvote 4

• Deputy Sheriffs

I support that request by Fred, and reworded nicely by Finn.

Also, I would very much like to have an improved VC (textures) on the Twin Otter.

Finn, I think you have it spot on. Having just purchased Orbx's PNW, I've been looking for a decent sea/bushplane to provide an alternative to the Katana. The only reason I haven't bought one yet, is that I'm looking for something with similar features to that of the Katana (this is the first GA addon I have bought), as I love the added system depth and maintenance modes that the Katana provides.

I would love to see Aerosoft re-vamp the Beaver, but I also don't mind waiting for something to come out in the future.

Finn, I think you have it spot on. Having just purchased Orbx's PNW, I've been looking for a decent sea/bushplane to provide an alternative to the Katana. The only reason I haven't bought one yet, is that I'm looking for something with similar features to that of the Katana (this is the first GA addon I have bought), as I love the added system depth and maintenance modes that the Katana provides.

I would love to see Aerosoft re-vamp the Beaver, but I also don't mind waiting for something to come out in the future.

Try the BushHawk XP, not as in depth as teh Katana, but am awesome bush plane

Yes, it seems, Marcel pushed the following standards!! I'm really loving "Katy" for its functions, so that I'm not thinking about buying another plane now, without special features... I would also like to have a "completely new" Cessna (185RG or 206) with more systemdepth.... And I was also thinking about the Beaver, but not as long as it is on the standard it has at the moment, so fully agree with Fred!

Cheers, Stephan

The idea of a revamped Beaver is one that I am surprised hasn't already been done, given the inclusion of a float version, but no wheeled equivalent in FSX.

The Beaver from Aerosoft has been around for awhile now and I really think it is mature for a total remake. I am dreaming of having a Beaver with all the whistles you now have ie. in the new Katana. It is the ultimate bushplane and with all the lovely sceneries we have nowadays it would have been a nice treat.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I have thousands or hours in the Aerosoft Beaver and I love it.

I can't agree more with Fred that it would be fantastic to have a refurbished Beaver with new and better textures and VC. Of course u need to maintain the old, teared Beaver look, but I think there would be a lot of improvements to make on this lovely aircraft.

I really hope Aerosoft will consider a Beaver refurbished, Ver 2.

I do not mind to pay full price for a release either. I just love the Beaver :)