End of Phase 1

Phase 1 will finish 1200 22nd May. Congratulations for everyone getting this far, have a 100 dollar burger on me.

I have just one request for you all now. Can you please all email me your log books for FSFlyingSchool so I can calculate your scores and arrange prizes. Also guys make sure you have all your screenshots from phase 1 uploaded to your posts as I will close them by 8pm UTC 22nd May and find someone to judge for the best screenshot.

Erm... this could be problematic: Since I had to totally wipe my hard drive and then reinstall Windows (due to an issue with the Linux boot loader as it couldn't locate the Windows kernel,) I lost most all of my data (I did actually copy over the pictures folder [and the documents folder] [to my old hard drive,] just for some reason the RTWC screen shots didn't get copied over,) and the FSFS log book got lost in the wipe.

Erm... this could be problematic: Since I had to totally wipe my hard drive and then reinstall Windows (due to an issue with the Linux boot loader as it couldn't locate the Windows kernel,) I lost most all of my data (I did actually copy over the pictures folder [and the documents folder] [to my old hard drive,] just for some reason the RTWC screen shots didn't get copied over,) and the FSFS log book got lost in the wipe.

Paul.... I am very sorry, but without the FSFS logbook, you cannot continue. This is clearly stated in the rules. The logbook is the proof of not only the scores, but also to the "one attempt pr. leg".

So the logbook is the key to proof of fairness. I´m sorry, but thing is, if we say "OK" to this, then we are on a glideslope, that could lead to others using this as a chance to fiddle with the scores.

So unless you can retrieve the logbook (there are programs which can search for files - even on deleted HD´s - for example RStudio) then you cannot continue in this challenge. huh.gif

ive already emailed you my log book matt, after each leg at the time i compleated it, and the traditional log book cant be copied.

Can you give instuctions on how to do it?.

I also need to to know what my score is for the leg that done a touch and go on as i have a blank field in my scorecard.

ive already emailed you my log book matt, after each leg at the time i compleated it, and the traditional log book cant be copied.

I also need to to know what my score is for the leg that done a touch and go on as i have a blank field in my scorecard.

Yes you did Luke, thanks :) Im sure Ole can tell you how to access the FSFS log book.

What we need is for you (and others) to go to their FSFS dir, then into the "pilotRoster" and in there find a .html document called: pilotname.html (where "pilotname" is the name you chose originally.) Mine for example is "OleA.html"

This file contains all entries - so we can see how many times a leg was flown, and all scores, so copy this file and send it to Matt.

AND - also copy and send the two other files with the pilots name on it. They are called *.dat and *.plt

Together the three files is a whole pilots log, and this way we can load the pilot and see it all.

smile.gif

What we need is for you (and others) to go to their FSFS dir, then into the "pilotRoster" and in there find a .html document called: pilotname.html (where "pilotname" is the name you chose originally.) Mine for example is "OleA.html"

This file contains all entries - so we can see how many times a leg was flown, and all scores, so copy this file and send it to Matt.

smile.gif

Thanks Ole, also luke that will tell you where you did your touch and go ;):lol:

Matt, can you let me have your email address? I thought I had it somewhere but can't seem to find it. I will then email my files...ta

Belay that, just found it!

Hi Matt, I've now sent mine.

I've noticed that my flight log includes the results of one other flight (in which I crashed deliberately) which was nothing to do with these flights other than I was practicing flying the Duke , I had no flight plan filed (see below) is that counted somehow?

I wouldn't which flight to account it to if so.

Dale Collins piloting RealAir Beech Duke CGEUJ Winglets ended 14 May 2011 at 16:39

FSFlyingSchool 2011 (April 27 2011)

Using: FSX

Visibility: 0.25 Miles Wind: 10 Knots

Aircraft: Beech ID: CGEUJ Airline: Flight:

Flight plan: NAV1:

AIRCRAFT CRASHED

National Aeronautical Safety Board Findings:

• Vertical Speed: -725 fpm
  • AGL: 0 feet
  • Bank: 0 degrees
  • Ground Speed: 117 kts
  • IAS: 110 kts
  • Pitch: 0 degrees
  • COM1: Standard
  • Gear: Down
  • AutoPilot: Off
  • Visibility: 0 nm
  • Eng1: Running
  • Eng2: Running
  • On Ground immediately prior to crash
  • In/Over Water

Flight Score:0.00

Flight commended in the following areas:
    • Smooth turns.
    • Nice banking.
    • Correct matching of flaps to speeds.
    • Gear deployment at safe speed.
    • Comfortable G forces.
    • Smooth pitch control.
    • Flown within aircraft's maximum speed limit.
    • Gentle taxi turns.
    • Good take off steering.
    • Rotation was not late.
    • Appropriate position of flaps during taxi.
    • Safe taxi speed.
    • Smooth braking during taxi.
    • Smooth climb during takeoff.
    • Well coordinated turns.
    • No stalls.
    • No flying dangerously close to stall speed.
    • Smooth comfortable descent rate.
    • Pitch not too high.
    • Pitch not too low.
    • Flaps down on time.
    • Approach speed not too fast.
    • Low altitude speeds not too fast.
    • Good clearance of obstacles.

Flight included the following problems:

• Wings not level near ground - danger of clipping a wing.
    Definite room for improvement...

Paul.... I am very sorry, but without the FSFS logbook, you cannot continue. This is clearly stated in the rules. The logbook is the proof of not only the scores, but also to the "one attempt pr. leg".

So the logbook is the key to proof of fairness. I´m sorry, but thing is, if we say "OK" to this, then we are on a glideslope, that could lead to others using this as a chance to fiddle with the scores.

So unless you can retrieve the logbook (there are programs which can search for files - even on deleted HD´s - for example RStudio) then you cannot continue in this challenge. huh.gif

I tried a few different file recovery tools and none of them could find the logbook.html. (I just reread the thread, sokay I'll be looking for a file called "Thunderbolt.html" [in my case,] and I'll be doing the search when I'm not about to fall asleep.) (This line is subject to editing as updates come.)

How does this sound: Just have my Phase 1 score zeroed out and any prize opportunities for Phase 1 as void.

I'll try and send my logbook...

Problem is, I hadly have any internet access at the moment (and won't have for some time) and none of it on my own pc.

I'll see what I can do though...

As for the scores, I promise I didn't alter anything in the scores I posted in the 'scores' thread.

I'll provide the evidence of this (the logbook) as soon as I can, but there might be some delay...

Not sure if I'll be able to fly phase 2, but I'm going to try...