AES Config Not connected!

Having an issue now, reinstalled AES a couple of times and tried the Vistamare deletion trick but nothing happening.

Trying to configure the Ifly for FSX, and the usual yellow box comes up and says that the aircraft isnt configured, so when i head into AES config, the box in the config screen says disconnected in red and tells me to restart FS and go to an active AES airport which i am already at!

For some reason AES isnt recognizing that I am there. What am i doing wrong?

any other ideas on this issue I am having?

Couldnt find a way to uninstall AES, but i couldn't find a way apart from deleting the folder in the Aerosoft folder in FSX.

Installed it again and still no luck!

If i use an AES configured aircraft at an AES Airport, it works.

If i pop up a non configured one at an AES airport, I get the pop up window saying the aircraft isnt configured and i should head into the AESconfig to set it up!

I have run the AES config in admin, but it still says that I am not an AES airport and please restart FSX and place the aircraft at one! I have tried many different airports.

Hi everyone

Am new to AES and am trying to configure the Simcheck A300 at Aerosoft Gib. I am having exactly the same problems as divemaster08.I have checked all the zero credited airports as I want to get everything working before I buy any credits. Help would be appreciated as AES looks like a useful add on. Finally divemaster08 have you managed to solve the problem.

Thanks

Nixon

• Developer

When the connection can not be established, this could have following reasons:

1) Check that the aircraft is placed on a active AES airport (FS9 or FSX in front of this airport in AESHelp) and that AES is working, so try to open the AES window, check if the Followme is show when you request him. Only when AES is up and running in the FS, AESConfig can start the communication.

2) When you use Vista/Win7, it is important, that AESConfig is started in the same Administrative Mode, as the FS is running, otherwise Windows will block the communication between the applications.

Test the following:

Variant A: Start the Configuration via the Button in AESHelp

Variant B: Start the AESConfig.EXE direct from the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES Folder

Variant C: Place a Shortcut on the desktop for the AESConfig.exe and switch (right mouse button) the "Run as Adoministrator" to ON

In one of this variants the FS and AESConfig should run in the same Mode and the communication should be possible, when Point 1 is correct.

Hi Oliver

Thank you for your support. Having now found the other pinned thread, I have loaded the default 737-800 at the active runway at Gib. I then press <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<W> and I am linked to AES and can call the Follow me car, choose a gate, park at the gate, shut engines and put on the park brake. The marshal then tells me that chocks are in and I get the window for deboarding etc. So for the default 737 everything is fine and very impressive. I then changed aircraft to the Simcheck A300 and got the window to say that the aircraft was not configured. So I then started the AES config file. Unfortunately the file still had the red disconnect note at the top left corner.I then swapped to the PMDG MD11 and still had the the red disconnect note at the top left corner of the AES config file

I shut done FSX and then restarted FSX and again reloaded the default 737, once again I could call the follow me truck etc. Once parked at the gate and before changing planes I opened the AES config file and again had the red disconnect note in the top left corner.

So in summary I can get AES to work for the default 737 but not the simcheck A300 or the PMDG MD11. Am getting closer but I must be missing an obvious step when I try to configure add on aircraft.So I apologies in advance for that. Having seen AES in action am very impressed and keen to configure my add on planes. Once I have successfully done that I shall be buying lots of credits so that I can enjoy AES in the full. So I hope you can help me.

Regards

Nick

Hi

I opened a new thread as I had not had any reply on this thread. I would be grateful if you could advise me on what to do next. As you can see I have managed to use AES with the default 737 yet I can't manage to configure my add on aircraft. I have tried the suggestions in this thread and have failed. If you require more information please just ask.

Thanks

Nixon

• Developer

The problem is, if you have check all variants to start AESConnect and FSX in the same Mode and you could not connect to the FSX I have no idea at the moment, what can block this. Important at Vista/Win7 is, that both Application run in the same Admin Mode status (normal or Adminmode) otherwise windows will block the communication.

The other option you have is to search for an intelliscene.cfg file for the two aircraft, you can may find some here in the download section of this forum or via Avsim. Then place that intelliscene.cfg in the aircraft folder of the related plane and so AES has his config.