Silence is Golden

James A

Seems a bit quiet around here at the mo. Someone frightened everyone away??

Certainly Seems that way. Im working on shed loads behind the scenes at the moment which will be rolled out in the coming months. The latest version is on its way soon (though cant be more definate than that). Looking forward to getting online with the new gamespy host once thats available. We're also working out if its possible to have a hangar on Andras Field where owners of teh Katana X4 can taxi into for maintanace. As ever we're also working on expanding Andras Field and moving a few things around. And theres always Andras Field US of A in development too. Phew, after all that Im off to the club house for the evening :lol:

Edit: Missed of the VA Terminal which is in development too.

Not knocking what's going on behind the scene's just that not many are online...

Just a couple of area's I had in mind to see about revamping. Bear in mind that I'd rather keep Maintenance and Cargo away grom GA etcetera but, food for thought....

post-12981-0-68588500-1305658258_thumb.j post-12981-0-04828000-1305658281_thumb.j

Certainly Seems that way. Im working on shed loads behind the scenes at the moment which will be rolled out in the coming months. The latest version is on its way soon (though cant be more definate than that). Looking forward to getting online with the new gamespy host once thats available. We're also working out if its possible to have a hangar on Andras Field where owners of teh Katana X4 can taxi into for maintanace. As ever we're also working on expanding Andras Field and moving a few things around. And theres always Andras Field US of A in development too. Phew, after all that Im off to the club house for the evening :lol:

Edit: Missed of the VA Terminal which is in development too.

Yep, as Matt says.... its behind the scenes things are busy still. But we DO have a forum dry spell - Andras Field is famous for them, and this one will flood over also. Soon Phase one of the Round the World Challenge is over, and people will return to AF before setting out on Phase two...

I myself is busy getting the details for update 1.17 ready - just nitpickings now, update will be out very soon. I correspond with Aerosoft about the Gamespy server, and hey.... the IVAO possibility is also in the making as we speak....

And remember that on July 1´st, Andras Field will be one year old, and we plan to celebrate that. Matt has plans for celebrations of the AA-Club´s birthday a little later, but that´s his own story. I don´t know any details on that.

But by all means - everyone who reads this post - please make Andras Field more alive, by being present, being there, being online.

I hope that some of Matt´s previous weekday-online events will return soon, as this had some people there.... but that´s also up to Matt.

Paul (Chompski) is busy selling plots and has a different kind of club in the making, as far as I am told..... But I think Paul should tell about that, when he is ready for it.

Summa Sumarum..... Andras Field might be a little dry - but it´s far from dead!biggrin.gif

Yep, as Matt says.... its behind the scenes things are busy still. But we DO have a forum dry spell - Andras Field is famous for them, and this one will flood over also. Soon Phase one of the Round the World Challenge is over, and people will return to AF before setting out on Phase two...

Twas a shame I've missed out on this one but, there's alway's the next one eh....

I myself is busy getting the details for update 1.17 ready - just nitpickings now, update will be out very soon. I correspond with Aerosoft about the Gamespy server, and hey.... the IVAO possibility is also in the making as we speak....

Here's hoping, live ATC.....

And remember that on July 1´st, Andras Field will be one year old, and we plan to celebrate that.

As above, let's hope we can get IVAO online for it or even the Gamespy Server.

But by all means - everyone who reads this post - please make Andras Field more alive, by being present, being there, being online.

Here here, let's get cracking.

Summa Sumarum..... Andras Field might be a little dry - but it´s far from dead!

Just thought I'd stir things up a bit and get more folk online.....

I myself is busy getting the details for update 1.17 ready - just nitpickings now, update will be out very soon.

Forgot this one Ole as you are sorting out a further update (whatever happened to 1.16??) I have a request for you/them.

post-12981-0-37809800-1305665801_thumb.j

Can I have the two trees (pictured) moved as indicated to behind the house and the H rotated 90 degrees please. Thanks.

Forgot this one Ole as you are sorting out a further update (whatever happened to 1.16??) I have a request for you/them.

post-12981-0-37809800-1305665801_thumb.j

Can I have the two trees (pictured) moved as indicated to behind the house and the H rotated 90 degrees please. Thanks.

Version 1.16 have been out some months now.... so I don´t understand your question - did I miss out on something here?laugh.gif

As for altering your plot. I do not make the actual programming changes. I am not that bright I´m afraid. The honors for that goes to Andras. But I´ll ask him if your wishes can be fullfilled.

smile.gif

Version 1.16 have been out some months now.... so I don´t understand your question - did I miss out on something here?

No, I am as it looks like Aerosoft has somewhere along the line as this is a copy of the last update from the Download shop?

"Download links

Andras Field (1.15) "

You figure!? :D

As for altering your plot. I do not make the actual programming changes. I am not that bright I´m afraid. The honors for that goes to Andras. But I´ll ask him if your wishes can be fullfilled.

I assumed you didn't do the scenery :D Thanks though for passing it on, appreciated.

No, I am as it looks like Aerosoft has somewhere along the line as this is a copy of the last update from the Download shop?

"Download links

Andras Field (1.15) "

You figure!? :D

You are quite right... I have mailed Mathijs about that...

In the meantime, the link to v.1.16 is HERE smile.gif

One I get my life sorted out again I will be back doing circuits and generally playing around. I need to get some moere time in the Stationair and I'm also thinking of treating myself to the C208 model. Meantime, Round The World Phase 1 to finish off :D

You are quite right... I have mailed Mathijs about that...

In the meantime, the link to v.1.16

Thanks Ole, don't know how I missed this one....

I'd be really interested in some sort of bi-weekly get-together...

But rather than a fly-in, I think some sort of different tours - or a series, so that we are not limited to always start in EAFS - would be nice =)

The only thing you say in advance (the planner) is the speed at which you want to go (say 150kts, then everyone can fly whatever they want - Warbirds, Helicopters, GA, etc.) and the route (or you can just lead the pack)...

I think around 2h per flight are alright, but varying the speeds will introduce a nice conformity, but also it won't get too bored, because you fly the same plane all the time... =P

So, if you think you can fly your F18 at 150kts, you can do so. If you want to fly a (probably empty) 747 at 150kts, you can do so =P

Maybe we can talk about something like this when the RTWC is over.

Cheers, Stefan

But rather than a fly-in, I think some sort of different tours - or a series, so that we are not limited to always start in EAFS - would be nice =)

The only thing you say in advance (the planner) is the speed at which you want to go (say 150kts, then everyone can fly whatever they want - Warbirds, Helicopters, GA, etc.) and the route (or you can just lead the pack)...

I think around 2h per flight are alright, but varying the speeds will introduce a nice conformity, but also it won't get too bored, because you fly the same plane all the time... =P

So, if you think you can fly your F18 at 150kts, you can do so. If you want to fly a (probably empty) 747 at 150kts, you can do so =P

Cheers, Stefan

I think you are definetely onto something here Stefan. I like your ideas, I would like it to be weekly, but thats details.

I also like the idea of flying different routings and in any plane you can get to match the days "speed".

Once we are up with the Gamespy server, I say let´s go.

Great ideas Stefanbiggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, Stefan

I like how you think! goodjob_s.gif

I like that idea too. I still have issues with my connection, though, so may be online but not seeing anyone....:blush:

We'll give it a try once the server is up ;-)

I think you are definetely onto something here Stefan. I like your ideas, I would like it to be weekly, but thats details.

I also like the idea of flying different routings and in any plane you can get to match the days "speed".

Once we are up with the Gamespy server, I say let´s go.

Great ideas Stefanbiggrin.gif

Thanks =)

I thought bi-weekly because it might be easiert (to justify to your better half) than to say spend every friday (or saturday) night flying online ;-)

As for the different planes: I had been flying with the A2A multiplayer group and really enjoyed flying with them. However always flying at the same speed (dictated by the B17's) and on the big "around-the-world" schedule (meaning you're flying a lot in one direction) I got bored after a while.

It got a little more fun for me when the Spitfire came out, but it turned out to be almost the same as flying with the P47 after a while =P

- I really loved the guys though, talking to some people while flying - although the 3-4-5h trips where too long for me... ;-)

So, yeah, I think by giving the ability to choose your own plane one can vary and try new planes out, or if you want just stick to your "default" plane...

Also if you do more shorter round-trips you won't risk being on one heading for hours ;-)

Cheers,

Stefan