Best Glide Comparison Between Dimona & Discus

Avio

Been flying the Dimona a lot and love it. When put into glide mode, i can get descent of just about 150 fpm at best glide of about 100 kph. Then I realise this looks about the same as the Discus gliding performance, which also gives a descent of 150 fpm or so, at about the same speed too.

But given the differing best glide LD of 27 for the Dimona and 43 for the Discus, shouldn't the numbers be expected to be different?

Be aware, that the Dimona instruments are very unprecise. The ASI showes to less speed and the VSI showes +50ft/min.

You can belive me, that the gliding performance in both planes is very exact. (You can also switch the C4 to "LD" wich showes you the current LD calculated from your speed (above ground, so do not apply any wind) and your descent rate.

Best regards, Joachim

Be aware, that the Dimona instruments are very unprecise. The ASI showes to less speed and the VSI showes +50ft/min.

You can belive me, that the gliding performance in both planes is very exact. (You can also switch the C4 to "LD" wich showes you the current LD calculated from your speed (above ground, so do not apply any wind) and your descent rate.

Best regards, Joachim

Okay Thanks Joachim.