VFR London X EGLC-stutter/pause with RWY lights

csharpe

After much research, I discovered that the "EGLC_lights.BGL" file in"Aerosoft\EGLC Airport\scenery" was creating a horrible stutter (more like a pause) every few seconds regardless of the time of day. I thought I would share my solution if this was affecting anyone else. All I did was move the file to an "OFF" folder to disable it. I'd be curious to know if this has been affecting others and if there is a planned fix for it.

Normally, I wouldn't have spent much time investigating this, but Manhattan X (which is a much more intensive add-on) runs very smoothly on my system with scenery complexity and autogen density at "extremely dense", so I knew it wasn't my system and that something was causing this at the software level.

I also discovered that if you disable "EGLC_landlights.bgl", AI aircraft that might have become "invisible" due to "aircraft ground shadows" can now be seen while "aircraft ground shadows" are enabled. You give up your runway lights, but for me, the smoother flying experience was worth it.

Best,

Carlyle

i7 875K 3.4Ghz

8GB RAM

WD Raptor X 150GB

Windows 7 64-bit

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Howdy...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!.. now if we could just get some response from the devs.

This stutter was perplexing me for a while.. I do not have the time to "troubleshoot" issues like this. Thank you for your time in doing so.

Now I just hope that something can be done to get the lights to not caues this "hiccup" every few seconds .. aside of turning them off.

Like you, I can run just about anything full tilt.. accept for this scenery. I thought it was the complexity of it.. but as you said.. I can run manhattan X full tilt as well.

Again thank you for this information .

I7 3.5GHZ 2700K

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

128 GB SSD 1TB WD Black

Win 7 64