FSX Catalina "Oh No, That's Not The Right Aircraft" Error

mojojojo

Hi:

I've had my Catalina for at least a year or two now. Running with FSX Acceleration & Windows XP.

I've "flown" the PBY-5A U.S. Navy Midway version before without problems.

Suddenly I've begun getting the subject error message and when I start a flight the whole panel area is black. So far I think this is the only version that I'm getting this problem.

Also noticed that most of my PBY-5A MIL add-on textures do not appear in the FSX aircraft menu (I've checked my aircraft.cfg, the "fltsim.x" numbers all appear in proper sequence, don't see any obvious reason why all the other versions don't show up...)

Help?

Thanks.

Hello Mojojojo,

Did you install the update and now you might find 2 of the very same aircraft, if so what happens if you pick the other one in the select aircraft menu.

Hi Shaun:

I'll have to check. Was the last update in Jan. this year? If so, I don't think I installed that update. I will.

Presently, I have only 1 instance of the U.S. Navy Midway version in my FSX aircraft menu.

Hello;

I had this problem with another aircraft,I was just looking through my folders,and the only update I had for this was the 1.20 update,it adds some new panel updates,for some of the versions.You might want to try installing the updated files to the different versions,and see if this corrects it.

Mark

Hello;

I had this problem with another aircraft,I was just looking through my folders,and the only update I had for this was the 1.20 update,it adds some new panel updates,for some of the versions.You might want to try installing the updated files to the different versions,and see if this corrects it.

Mark

Thanks all. My previous search hadn't captured those threads. I updated to v1.2 and that seems to have resolved it. One version of the Midway aircraft works, the other still has that message & panel blanking. I'll remove the faulty aircraft.

Thanks again.