Engine shut down

X3rr0S

hi,

in every flight i do with the dimona the engine shuts down when i am ca. 10 kilomeers away of my airfield, and i am not able to start them up again, oil temperature is normal, RPM is high but not over the red line,and i also have enough fueli ask me what i do wrong... or is it a bug?

greats

X3rr0S

the probcontroller was on and "auto" was setted

cilynde rhead temperature was also in the green area of the display and the cowl flpas were opened a bit

i have a glider license and i `ve flown with a real dimona ( just as a passenger) sometimes but i do not know if i do everythin allright :P

i did the flights this way:

Ground:

main switch: on

( there are two white switches were the light switches are... i think they are for the magnetions?) they were on too :P

several light switches: on

fuel pump: on

cowl flaps: closed

ignition: on

oil pressure oil temo usw.: checked

parking brake: settet

engine startup

then i pushed the choke back and waited till the oil temp increased

after that i controlled if the green LED lights in the pro controller panel

-> started-> fuel pump -> off -> normal flight ( some times i looked after oil temp and so on) and then the engiene made a strenge noise and shut down -> prop control -Segel and so i got back to the airfield

after landing it was'nt possible to start the engine again

it was like pushing the started when the ignition is off

greats

X3rr0S

I meant the cirquit breaker for the prop panel.

The CHT gauge has no green arc, so it can't be in the green. I think you over RPM the engine, because the CB is not in. Cheers, Joachim

P.S. I also advise to use the checklist, no a self made one!

Here you go, that's the thing Joachim is talking about.

fuses.jpg

yes, i know, it was on all the time

by the way: i rebooted my computer ( because of a update)

no the problme is fixed Oo

but an other question: is there a way to see the cilynder head temp. display better? I can`t see the whole display because of the Gps and parts of the instrument covering

thank you all for your many answers :)

Lovely greats

X3rr0S

Without TrackIR and/or EZCA? You could move your eyepoint with the FSX commands up or down to catch a view on that gauge and then move it back. Use Shift+Return and Shift+Backspace.

Maybe another user can give you some camera definition to switch to for the gauges on the right. If you set up such a definition in the aircraft.cfg of the plane, you can press A to switch to another cockpit view for example.

I'm using TrackIR and EZCA here, so I just have to move my head or can set up some new views in seconds. But both items aren't that cheap, but a big tip for enhancing the whole flying experience.

Glad to hear that your engine trouble was solved. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Is it not possible to simply swap the position of the Voltmeter with that of the Cylinder temp gauge? Excellent aircraft by the way. NeilB