A Few Questions

Avio

Just given my new Dimona a couple hours flight and am impressed. However, got a few questions I hope to clarify :-

1) The gauges didn't look as sharp as those in screenshots; thought I did set to max (global texture max, high res virtual cockpit, etc.)

2) The Dimona seems to easily roll to either side during straight level flight, needing a lot of stick correction. Is this the same as in the real one?

3) When loading up a previously saved flight, the panel is mostly same as the shutdown state, except that the parking brake is no longer parked, and the fuel qty always resets to Zero, and canopy closed up though saved as open

4) Upon loading up saved flight, the plane seems to drop a foot onto the ground

Hope to clarify up on these.

Thanks.

1) If the global exture reolution is maxed out, try the virtual cockpit resolution slider, or the general graphics settings in your graphic card driver menu.

2) Please calibrate your joystick, the Dimona does not do it normally. (If, then VERY slightly)

3) As the manual describes, you must wait 10 seconds after the engine has stopped to get the state safed.

4) No idea, could be caused by the airfield.

Cheers

1) If the global exture reolution is maxed out, try the virtual cockpit resolution slider, or the general graphics settings in your graphic card driver menu.

2) Please calibrate your joystick, the Dimona does not do it normally. (If, then VERY slightly)

3) As the manual describes, you must wait 10 seconds after the engine has stopped to get the state safed.

4) No idea, could be caused by the airfield.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice.

1) The virtual cockpit res comes only in bullet selection form, no slider.

2) As for my joystick, I'm using Thrustmaster T16000M, highly precise and works perfectly so far with all my other add-ons, as well as other flight sim apps.

3) Yep, did wait more than 10 secs after engine stopped to save state. The fuel zero problem on reload happens strangely -- it starts off with the info (ctrl-z 3 times) showing original fuel qty, but the figure slowly dropping down to zero as if there is a leakage !

Thanks.

About the tendency to roll off a straight heading, I mean to say that the plane feels like "sitting on a ball" -- the slightest off wing-level and it would drift off to one side after a short while. The wide wingspan appears to have a good dihedral design, which by right should exhibit a good lateral stability.

Often I could hardly take my eyes off for more than a few seconds before the roll-off sets in. Anyone else sees this?