Having a problem with the forum lately

cmpbllsjc

I haven't been on the Aerosoft forum in a while and when I accessed it today I see that it looks a bit different than it used to with the new symbols next to the topic, etc.

However, when I try to open some topics they take forever to load and sometimes it completely locks up my browser to where I have to use the task manager to quit iexplorer.When I do this I sometimes get an error log that says I have a iexplorer hungapp problem. I also noticed that the topics that do load seem to have a huge space between the end of the message and where the signature box would be. In essence I have to scroll the mouse wheel quite a few times just to get down to the next reply.

I attached a screen shots showing what I am talking about in regards to the huge space from the end of a message to the next one.

I have also done the usual clearing of temp internet file and clearing the cache and rebooting the computer, but still only this forum out of all the forums I typically visit (Avsim, FSDT, FlyTampa, ORBX, etc.) is giving me problems.

Is there something I need to adjust with my browser settings specifically for this forum now? Of note, it seems to work fine on my Andriod phone and also on my iPad, only problems on the PC.

Thanks for the help.

post-23394-0-39046200-1305237524_thumb.j

post-23394-0-42356900-1305237776_thumb.j

Yes, I already cleared the browser cache and also deleted the temp internet files and rebooted computer, but problem still remains.

Have a look at these two screen shots. This is how the replies are appearing on my end.

post-23394-0-42855400-1305290707_thumb.j

post-23394-0-88712700-1305290718_thumb.j

You will need to reset IE

See here

Hi Matt,

I tried resetting IE and it has made no difference. I suspect that it has something to do with the forum software. I mentioned this to someone on the FSDT forum and they said they are having issues with the Aerosoft forum as of late as well, so I am guessing its not just me,

Also, it looks like Aerosoft forums are using the same or similar forum software that Avsim, ORBX, and REX are using, but I have no problems with any of those forums or anything else on the internet for that matter, just these forums in the past few days. Prior to whenever Aerosoft added the "shield symbols" next to the forum topics everything was working fine, but no longer.

Thanks for the help though. I guess I will just have to browse this forum from my phone or wait until more people say something then maybe the forum admins will be able to check the forum software settings to make sure everything is set properly.

I most likely will just remain on IE though and not change browers just for one forum since IE seems to work fine for all my regular uses.

BTW, have a look at this screen shot. It seems like all the left hand margins are screwed up.

post-23394-0-80007200-1305301355_thumb.j

Well if its a problem with Aerosofts forum and IE, why arent I having the same problem when I use IE?

Hard to say, different browser, different OS, etc. could be anything or any number of causes. At least I know its not just me since a guy on another forum is having the same issue as me.

You would think that resetting the browser settings, clearing temp internet files and clearing the cache would have solved it though if it was a problem with my computer.

Like I mentioned all other forums using this style/type of forum software behave and work fine except this one.

Oh well, I suppose it will remain a mystery unless others report the same issue I have.

Thanks for trying to help.

I have the same problem.

Not at home.

But in my company.

There we have a very secured internet access.

This problem started, after you changed your forum layout.

Albrecht

Same problem here since a few weeks, only with the Aerosoft forum. My system runs with W7 32-bit and IE9.

Ressetting IE9 and forum settings didn't do the job.

Bert

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is definitely a problem due to the local settings of a PC, preventing IE to interpret and display websites corecctly (security settings within IE, Java....).

This is how the Aerosoft forum looks on my machine (Win7 64bit) wit IE9 and FF4:

• Aerosoft

Hi Matt,

I tried resetting IE and it has made no difference. I suspect that it has something to do with the forum software. I mentioned this to someone on the FSDT forum and they said they are having issues with the Aerosoft forum as of late as well, so I am guessing its not just me,

Also, it looks like Aerosoft forums are using the same or similar forum software that Avsim, ORBX, and REX are using, but I have no problems with any of those forums or anything else on the internet for that matter, just these forums in the past few days. Prior to whenever Aerosoft added the "shield symbols" next to the forum topics everything was working fine, but no longer.

Thanks for the help though. I guess I will just have to browse this forum from my phone or wait until more people say something then maybe the forum admins will be able to check the forum software settings to make sure everything is set properly.

I most likely will just remain on IE though and not change browers just for one forum since IE seems to work fine for all my regular uses.

BTW, have a look at this screen shot. It seems like all the left hand margins are screwed up.

post-23394-0-80007200-1305301355_thumb.j

I seen that before with some users but it was always solved when the browser cache was cleared.

We discussed this with the company that makes the forum software and they say it happened a lot when MS released IE10 but strangely also with people who stayed on IE9 during that period. We tried that but we could not recreate the problem on any of the 100+ machines we use.

• 3 weeks later...

We discussed this with the company that makes the forum software and they say it happened a lot when MS released IE10 but strangely also with people who stayed on IE9 during that period. We tried that but we could not recreate the problem on any of the 100+ machines we use.

Late (was in holidays).

Have asked the experts from my company.

Seem to be a problem of older versions of IE.

Older means: IE8 (we use IE7).

If you are interested, I could send you a list of ideas or speculations from them,

what could be attempt (like Conditional Comments in german language).

Or you wait a litte time, until the last user has changed to IE9 or IE 10.

Albrecht

I'm still having a problem getting the site to work on IE7. Tried all of the advice above, cleared cache and temp IE files, reset IE, ran virus and malware, spyware scanner, rebooted, etc.

Today I downloaded Chrome and that is what I am using now to access the forum. Seems to be working fine on it so I guess I will just use Chrome if I need to access this forum since I cant seem to get IE7 to work correctly with the new forum software.

I'm still having a problem getting the site to work on IE7. Tried all of the advice above, cleared cache and temp IE files, reset IE, ran virus and malware, spyware scanner, rebooted, etc.

Today I downloaded Chrome and that is what I am using now to access the forum. Seems to be working fine on it so I guess I will just use Chrome if I need to access this forum since I cant seem to get IE7 to work correctly with the new forum software.

Can you not use IE:8 or 9.

Can you not use IE:8 or 9.

I haven't tried either of those versions. On my internet computer I have always just used IE7 that came with the install disks.

I might give IE8 a shot to see if it works, however since my internet computer is on Win XP, I understand that IE8 is as far as I can go since IE9 is for Win 7.

Correct, on XP IE8 is as far as you can go. And you definitely should go with it instead of IE7. Once installed I suggest a round of Windows update.

btw why not just move to Firefox 4.0.1?

btw why not just move to Firefox 4.0.1?

Well, honestly I have never found the need to use any other browser besides IE7, until now of course since I am having an issue accessing this forum on IE7. In all the years of internet browsing IE7 or whatever version of IE I was using always seems to be sufficient. I'm honestly not sure what the features or benefits are of using any other browser besides a version of IE, except that I downloaded and installed Chrome just to use for the Aerosoft forums.

Well, honestly I have never found the need to use any other browser besides IE7, until now of course since I am having an issue accessing this forum on IE7. In all the years of internet browsing IE7 or whatever version of IE I was using always seems to be sufficient. I'm honestly not sure what the features or benefits are of using any other browser besides a version of IE, except that I downloaded and installed Chrome just to use for the Aerosoft forums.

I would think its a bit like everything else, as the world makes advances then you need new software to keep up with the advances and that would include web browsing.

A little similar if not the same to PDF documents where people could read the newer PDF documents because there Adobe Readers where outdated so they have no choice but to update there readers.