Hey, where's the praises thread?

CoolP

A rather silent forum so far.

I just wanted to drop some praises towards the nice work on that plane. I'm impressed about the fidelity, the features (still exploring them), the character and that very low price point.

What a nice operational range this little thing offers and the experience when "going silent" is great and fun.

Haven't found any flaws so far but more and more nice details while looking for some thermals in FSX. :)

E. g. what's this thing for? That grey clip.

cliptb.th.jpg

Is it for attaching some charts to it?

I hope for some painters to do liveries now, that thing deserves it.

A wish would be a popup clickspot on the GPS gauge (which is great work too).

Edited. I've just experienced the different sounds when slipping through the air. Great work!

Hi!

Thank you for the kind words!

The grey thing is a piece of take wich was tapes around a crack in the canopy glass :D

The GPS has a 2d window as well (shift+2 or 3)

Best regards, Joachim

Ah, so that's tape, ok. Nice detail, same as those dead insects which fill my screen now. But I'm aware of that sponge, I'm just simulation IFR conditions. :lol:

And that GPS popup, yes, I have a button of my throttle assigned to it, so I'm fine. I'm just a fan of those 'click on the gauge to get a popup' things too, that's why I've mentioned it.

By the way, what's your next project, Joachim? I own two of yours now and I think I like that style. Do you cooperate with Marcel too? Asking because you both add something to your planes which can't be found very often but should happen some more.

Keep up that good work! :)

My next project is a Avions Pierre Robin DR 400-140B Major

No, I do not cooperate with Marcel, be both are independent. Our features are indeed similar, thats because we both have an eye for the details. But Marcel goes much deeper then me. He even simulates wear and dirt in his cockpit where my dirt is static for example :D

Bests Joachim

I'm a bit surprised by the lack of feedback as well. Aerosoft as well, judging by the removal of subforums. It's been out almost 24 hours and some people surely must have gotten it?

I'm waiting for my credit card bill to come through (clean slate for shopping :lol: ) and then I'll purchase this baby and it would nice to see some first impressions and reports until then.

A rather silent forum so far

.......Maybe we are all full time flying this beautiful Flying machine and last but not least......reading the manual.

doing both its time consuming job......but ok here I go....

BIG THANKS for this baby ;)

My next project is a Avions Pierre Robin DR 400-140B Major

Ah, there it is, found the thread about it but I wasn't aware that you're doing this one too. Should have read the thread some more instead of just scrolling through the pictures. :blush:

You name it, you and a few other devs have an eye for details, very sympathetic experience in the sim.

Nope....

Kind of Silence..

...but not quite :)

Sometimes I put a music Cd into the DVD drive and listen to some music that fits my mood when flying.

If everything fit´s togehter.. hours pass by (or until my wife starts to shout).

Finn

Nope....

Kind of Silence..

...but not quite :)

Sometimes I put a music Cd into the DVD drive and listen to some music that fits my mood when flying.

If everything fit´s togehter.. hours pass by (or until my wife starts to shout).

For me that is real flying.

I like to fly complex airliner addons for the challenge, but when I really want to relax I pick something that let me admire the scenery while still not be too simple.

Something like a high end Piper cub, Katana or the Dimona (kind of advertisement I know - but why not :))

Finn

I started a "thank you" topic on the Katana.

Download the Dimona the day it came out and love it just as much and find it personally more FPS friendly.

They feel similar and I think the only reason you don't have people jumping up and down and praisers all over the place is because the Katana came first, if this released first I think it would have been the other way round.

This does not have the workshop etc like the Katana but from startup to landing and coming back to the Dimona in it's saved state is just as good as the Katana.

As flying goes I would say I like this more because it's more unique. Different and very hands on, love the unique way to set RPM/ident code and having to set the com's for real I also love.

There is nothing to dislike at all apart from its very slow, but there is no way to trim this out to hands off flying So you feel engaged and flying it for real and that more than make up for it's slow cruise speed.

So to conclude I love it, unique and a must have for anyone who enjoys low and slow and wants a hands on flight not a trim out hand off AP feel GA.

Thank you very much indeed.

David.

PS: I have not tried gliding it yet I don't want to crash and burn wink.gif

I spent quite some time with the Dimona now and it's excellent fun! Great modeling inside and out, nice system depth (I'm a sucker for realisitc engine handling), a great flight model and an excellent soundset on top of that. It surely isn't the fastest aicraft in my hangar but what it lacks in cruise speed it certainly makes up with character und pure flying fun. I love the retro charm of the cockpit, with those big beige bezels. It's like the Commodore C-64 of aircraft. ;) Switching between powered flight and gliding is also a lot of fun and definitely a unique feature. Highly recommended. Go get it guys!

I love flying it with Cumulus X for thermals and ridge lift.

The flight modelling eg drop when out of a thermal make for a very immersive flight.

I agree with Jigsaw - the ability at any moment to turn on/off the engine plus the C4 and LCD GPS makes it a unique experience in FSX.

I am enjoying dropping due to bad piloting!

• 1 month later...