Garmin 530 - 2d popup missing

I have the Reality-XP Garmin 530 installed. However, it seems that the hidden mouse click spot to have the 2D pop-up is not working. This hidden click spot should be on the bottom half of the Garmin unit's screen.

I had that too. Simply run the RXP config tool as you would, adding the 530 2D panel via there. That makes it work just fine.

I had that too. Simply run the RXP config tool as you would, adding the 530 2D panel via there. That makes it work just fine.

Thanks. Unfortunately the RXP config tools says: cannot load panel bitmap. When I continue, I do not see a 2D panel option under the 530 settings. I will investigate a bit more but pointers are appreciated.

Thanks again!

Thanks. Unfortunately the RXP config tools says: cannot load panel bitmap. When I continue, I do not see a 2D panel option under the 530 settings. I will investigate a bit more but pointers are appreciated.

Thanks again!

That's also OK, there is no 2D panel in this plane. Do this:

1: Run RXP config tool, select the Katana and click "configure aircraft"

2: When you get the "the application failed to load the window 00 bitmap" message, click "OK"

3: Select /enable the tickbox "GNS unit" and select GNS 530.

4: Press "apply" and "OK" and close the config tool.

I have no idea why this works, but it does. Once you've done that you can select the RXP GPS either by clicking shift+2 or by clicking on the GNS screen in the VC.