Mega Airports X in general

Dear all,

I'll try to be as brief as I can, but I've detected a few (what I believe are) bugs/flaws, and I don't hope that I should have read the manuals in full first, but I don't think so, neither could I find any help in forums.

I own MegaScenery X for EDDF, EDDM and EDDS and I think the sceneries are just overwhelmingly awesome, with little if not no effect on fps. I am glad to have purchased the products and I recommend them to whoever is considering, but I am a litlle bit bothered by a few things that appear in all three.

At EDDS and EDDM, the buildings don't show up fully after landing. In EDDS they appeared as if they would appear if you hadn't started the launcher. At EDDM, there are footbridges without terminal buildings standing in the middle of nowhere, with hovering signposts assigning gate numbers - and it couldn't look sillier. Remote buildings don't appear at all at both airports. Once I enter display settings/scenery and change a few things, everything springs to life, even though it should when entering the scenery area. Scenery complexity was set to extremely high. Does anyone know why?

At EDDM, some gates are backwards (see pushback truck, planes in the back).

post-38592-0-63637700-1305041014_thumb.j

At EDDS, the main taxiways are zig-zagging, guiding you through the GA parking.

At EDDF, as I could also see in other forums, A380s are NOT taxiing to the assigned A380 gates, which are so beautifully designed, if you are lucky enough that A380 actually taxi anywhere. In my case one A380 parked in the cargo area. So where's the point of the great artwork?

Which brings me to my main problem I have with all three. Why is it not possible to edit the gate assignments using ADE or AFCAD or similar (at least to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong)? Most of the things mentioned I could fix myself, but why are there such obvious flaws in the programming? It's just sad to see that the graphics are incredibly good, but when it comes to apron operations, it is just super unrealistic and you can't even change it yourself.

Is there anything I did wrong or did I miss any patches/settings?

Or is it that I run FSX SP1/SP2 on WIN7 64bit?

Glad for any help,

CrystalFrontier

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dear all,

I'll try to be as brief as I can, but I've detected a few (what I believe are) bugs/flaws, and I don't hope that I should have read the manuals in full first, but I don't think so, neither could I find any help in forums.

I own MegaScenery X for EDDF, EDDM and EDDS and I think the sceneries are just overwhelmingly awesome, with little if not no effect on fps. I am glad to have purchased the products and I recommend them to whoever is considering, but I am a litlle bit bothered by a few things that appear in all three.

At EDDS and EDDM, the buildings don't show up fully after landing. In EDDS they appeared as if they would appear if you hadn't started the launcher. At EDDM, there are footbridges without terminal buildings standing in the middle of nowhere, with hovering signposts assigning gate numbers - and it couldn't look sillier. Remote buildings don't appear at all at both airports. Once I enter display seetings/scenery and change a few things, everything springs to life, even though it should when entering the scenery area. Scenery complexity was set to extremely high. Does anyone know why?

At EDDM, some gates are backwards.

At EDDS, the main taxiways are zig-zagging, guiding you through the GA parking.

At EDDF, as I could also see in other forums, A380s are NOT taxiing to the assigned A380 gates, which are so beautifully designed, if you are lucky enough that A380 actually taxi anywhere. In my case one A380 parked in the cargo area. So where's the point of the great artwork?

Which brings me to my main problem I have with all three. Why is it not possible to edit the gate assignments using ADE or AFCAD or similar (at least to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong)? Most of the things mentioned I could fix myself, but why are there such obvious flaws in the programming? It's just sad to see that the graphics are incredibly good, but when it comes to apron operations, it is just super unrealistic and you can't even change it yourself.

Is there anything I did wrong or did I miss any patches/settings?

Or is it that I run FSX SP1/SP2 on WIN7 64bit?

Glad for any help,

CrystalFrontier

Hi Anonymous,

as I own the same addons and don't have those issues, something might be wrong with your installion: insufficient access rights, wrong installation path for FSX (especially under Win7) or something else.

But please next time post within the right forum: FSX / FS2004 Mega Airports.

And Screenshots are welcome to give others an impression what's wrong.

The "General Forum" should not be used for support issues.

mmm, no... is that an airport design program?

I'll look into it.

Thanks a lot!

CrystalFrontier

Not Buts it an AFCAD design program thats used a lot today, hence you see the commercial AFX files in a lot of scenery.