Pitot heat ? Airspeed indicator stop

YoYo

I flew yesterday over Canada in Mountains. Good weather but over altitude I was 0 degrees C. Air was very dry so no need turn carb heat but I noticed strange thing (first time with DA20) with my Airspeed indicator and with Vertical speed Indicator too. Now they stopped and I saw only "zero" in too same time in this two Indicators. After 15-20 sec started to work again. This situation come back 2 times in this fligh. It looks like ice on the pitot tube, but Katana hasnt pitot heat? Any idea or programming problem, what it was?

I flew yesterday over Canada in Mountains. Good weather but over altitude I was 0 degrees C. Air was very dry so no need turn carb heat but I noticed strange thing (first time with DA20) with my Airspeed indicator and with Vertical speed Indicator too. Now they stopped and I saw only "zero" in too same time in this two Indicators. After 15-20 sec started to work again. This situation come back 2 times in this fligh. It looks like ice on the pitot tube, but Katana hasnt pitot heat? Any idea or programming problem, what it was?

Yes it has a little pitot tube. See section

1.8.4 INSTRUCTOR - AVIONICS AND INSTRUMENTS

and

7.12. PITOT AND STATIC PRESSURE SYSTEMS

"The pitot static pressure probe should be protected whenever the aircraft is parked to prevent contamination and subsequent malfunction of the aircraft systems relying on its proper functioning."

The pitot tube can freeze up also and you will then not see airspeed. you dont need rain for this to happen.

it could also be a case that when parked you did not protect the pitot and that result in brakedown as explained under 7.12. After each flight after the plane has been secured, make sure you take the neccesary steps to close the pitot and static presure holes as park fo the normal securing procedures.. No more just leaving a plane like that we used to be. You must take care of it through all the circumstances.

I found that I spend more time before and after a flight then the actual flight itself to ensure my pride is looked after with a lot of TLC. this addon surely changes my flightsim format.. If I do not have the time to make sure before and after flight sim actions cannot be carried out completely then I dont fly the Katana.. Then I rather grab a set of flying textures and mess about for couple of minutes. The katana will need all your attention like it would have in RL.

if you dont take care of the katana, it will come bite you later.. and if you not up to all the procedures etc, the simple option should take preferance.

Wow. Do You think DA20 simulate this (without cover of pitot we have greater likelihood of failure)?

In real its true, sure. Some of big crashes was caused by a blockage unsafe pitot tube, like example crash 757 - with wasp problem).

Wow. Do You think DA20 simulate this (without cover of pitot we have greater likelihood of failure)?

In real its true, sure. Some of big crashes was caused by a blockage unsafe pitot tube, like example crash 757 - with wasp problem).

Yes, it definitely does simulate this. That is why you have to suck on the pitot tube as part of the preflight checks. This aircraft can accrue damage while parked, so it will not necessarily be in the same condition you left it when you return. That's why you ALWAYS use the preflight checklist and the walkaround.

Yes, it definitely does simulate this. That is why you have to suck on the pitot tube as part of the preflight checks. This aircraft can accrue damage while parked, so it will not necessarily be in the same condition you left it when you return. That's why you ALWAYS use the preflight checklist and the walkaround.

Fantastic! I have yet to hire a bodyguard for the night, when Im not in FSX :lol: I'm afraid what's going on in the night with my Katana

Superb work of Marcel and Team of DA20 x4. Crg!

Fantastic! I have yet to hire a bodyguard for the night, when Im not in FSX :lol: I'm afraid what's going on in the night with my Katana

LOL..!

And THAT, my friend, is realism. My clubs Katana got vandalised while parked in the UK - and while down in the South of France flying an MCR-01 someone else managed to parachute onto one on the field, damaging the tailplane! Sometimes things aren't as you left them.

I suggest two Rottweilers and a psycho with an AK-47. Although I don't think Osama's available... ^_^

I suggest two Rottweilers and a psycho with an AK-47.

I'd be concerned that the Rottweilers tear up the tires and that the psycho punctures the wings while shooting beer cans off it.