FMC

wingnut

Hello;

When the FMC comes out,are you still going to have to use the converter for the flight plans,or will you just be able to load them.

Mark

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mark,

First of all you don't need the flightplan converter if you save your flightplan in FSX flightplan format (FSX-XML format) the utility was only added for people who have FS9 flightplans.

The FMC will be based on a completely different system and will require it's own flightplan format.

Björn

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this a new product or an addon for the current users of the SC Bus? I expect to pay for the FMC addition but wanted to know if it was a whole new plane or an FMC addition....

Hi,

It wil be a paid addition to the existing A300, with an updated VC and added FMC.

Björn

• 3 months later...

so, any news?!

Hi,

I'm sorry that this is all taking so much longer than we had planned. Some of the main contributors to this update have been side tracked by other major projects and we are running months behind schedule. We have not given up, but progress is slow...

Björn

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but I have to ask:

Do you have some (good) news for us?

The A300 is unbelievable, but I would love it to fly with a FMC :)

• 1 month later...

When the FMC will be releasd there will be a news on the main websit of aerosoft? I am interested in this plane but when the FMC will be released i will buy it for sure!

Alfredo Russo

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I don't get the "need" for the FMC on this aircraft, I specifically bought it to fly with steam gauges and INS. It's fun to calculate ToD and such, and fly SIDS/STARS using VOR bearings. It handles so well that hand flying procedures is a piece of cake, and rolling out on finals after an instrument approach in poor visibility to see the runway dead ahead is a great feeling. Try it one day, you might become addicted.

For me it's a great link between the real old classic jets and the modern glass cockpits, and I certainly wouldn't hold off buying it because there is no FMC. Equally, I wouldn't add the FMC even if it was free, but each to their own I suppose.

Now a nice A310.......that would be another story !!

TTFN

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm sorry that this is all taking so much longer than we had planned. Some of the main contributors to this update have been side tracked by other major projects and we are running months behind schedule. We have not given up, but progress is slow...

Björn

Now into 2013, it would seem to be 'dead slow'?

• 2 months later...

it´s not dead but slow if you have a look on there own page you would se the latest message from developer.

We have been close for months but new issues pop up again and again so I'm really not able to say when it will be ready.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Björn,

nice to hear that you are still working on it ;)

If you need some help let me know maybe I can find a way to support the project.

Rgds, Patrick

... though a FMC isn't really the thing I'm waiting for, because the A300 is already an awesome plane and the INS is easy to use, I will defenetly buy the upgraded version for the "lazy after work" flights :)

Regards, Joerg

• 2 months later...

:excellenttext_s:http://simchecksoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=408.0

Hi all,

After many delays partly due to lack of time of our developer group, we are finally seeing the end of the tunnel in the development of the FMC upgrade of the A300B4-200.

We aim to release the upgrade in August 2013.

Thank you very much for your continued support and patience.

Björn

Archived