Andras Aux Field idea

pilottj

Hey folks

Given the popularity and shortage of housing at Andras, what about creating some kind of auxiliary field some where out in the pastures a short small plane distance away? Maybe a smaller GA size airpark or somthing ala Naperville Aero Club. Or maybe a few cropduster size airstrips around the farms with a few farm houses/hangars attached. Somthing that a Cub/Scout/Beaver/Kodiak/Bird Dog...etc would fit

Cheers

TJ

Hey folks

Given the popularity and shortage of housing at Andras, what about creating some kind of auxiliary field some where out in the pastures a short small plane distance away? Maybe a smaller GA size airpark or somthing ala Naperville Aero Club. Or maybe a few cropduster size airstrips around the farms with a few farm houses/hangars attached. Somthing that a Cub/Scout/Beaver/Kodiak/Bird Dog...etc would fit

Cheers

TJ

Due to the popularity of EAFS and the fact we're approaching our limit on FPS hit, we're in the process of devising a plan for Andras Field X aka Andras Field USA to give more people the oppotunity to own a property. But we will definately consider your idea, it certainly has some merits.

oh yes, Andras X should continue as planned however I am thinking of those who would still like to join the current Andras Community but there is a shortage of housing. What is the approximate FPS hit radius distance from Andras? If some small farm fields were placed outside of this radius that might allow more flyers to 'live' in the Andras region but be within a short flyable distance. I was even thinking of adding a personal airstrip/farmhouse into my copy of Andras :)

oh yes, Andras X should continue as planned however I am thinking of those who would still like to join the current Andras Community but there is a shortage of housing. What is the approximate FPS hit radius distance from Andras? If some small farm fields were placed outside of this radius that might allow more flyers to 'live' in the Andras region but be within a short flyable distance. I was even thinking of adding a personal airstrip/farmhouse into my copy of Andras :)

Im not expert but I imagine the FPS hit of Andras Field is linkied directly to Level of Detail Radius of the sim. If you want to add your own farm stip in your sim why dont you? You could even share it with the community!

lol I think I found the perfect spot, and I don't have to create much except put a house/hangar maybe a few farm objects since the runway/taxiway/driveway is already there. ES01 Agathazeller Moos is exactly what I had in mind. It is one of the airports in the Germany VFR scenery, about 11NM south of the KPT VOR and about 20NM southwest of Andras . It has an 1100ft strip and appears to have an extended taxiiway/driveway kind of like a mini Andras. It is easy to get to Andras, either go direct KPT and then fly the approach or fly through a nice valley. The airstrip seems quite suitable for light STOL aircaft, gliders, ultralights..etc If anyone is interested in having a house here too it looks like there is room for a few spots at least., we can figure somthing out.

es01.jpg

lol I think I found the perfect spot, If anyone is interested in having a house here too it looks like there is room for a few spots at least., we can figure somthing out.

I would love to join you in your "bohemian outback". But I cannot design houses. Can you help? A small wooden shed with room for a fireplace, a small kitchen, and a bed (for two) would do. Ill hang my Grizzly bear fur on the wall, and the Polar bear fur on the floor, in front of the fireplace. That should impress the women - right? Ill throw in a few good stories about how I shot the bears...... (actually I bought the furs on Ebay, but if you can keep a sectret, then I am safe...laugh.gif

I would love to join you in your "bohemian outback". But I cannot design houses. Can you help? A small wooden shed with room for a fireplace, a small kitchen, and a bed (for two) would do. Ill hang my Grizzly bear fur on the wall, and the Polar bear fur on the floor, in front of the fireplace. That should impress the women - right? Ill throw in a few good stories about how I shot the bears...... (actually I bought the furs on Ebay, but if you can keep a sectret, then I am safe...laugh.gif

I thought a sailboat with a big mast was the way to impress women these days :lol: Maybe an airplane with a big propeller too. You are more than welcome to join the 'neighborhood' lol, plenty of room for Ole's Farm with your tractors, cows, harem...er barn :D The only 'home' designing I have done was in the Sims lol. I was just going to import premade farm stuff with AFCAD. Oh if only I could simply move Master Bill Womack's beautiful farm scenery objects over to here lol. Tho I think with some searching I think there are some nice free farm objects to add. Perhaps some folks here know where the good stuff is.

Cheers

TJ