serious canopy shape error

---

Although "---" didn't properly lock the canopy I can definitely confirm a gap between the canopy and the cockpit in the back when the canopy is closed and locked properly. It does look like the second shot from the opening post.

Although "---" didn't properly lock the canopy I can definitely confirm a gap between the canopy and the cockpit in the back when the canopy is closed and locked properly. It does look like the second shot from the opening post.

Again, I didn't touch the canopy latches at all.

Still have to re-check if it's not an auto-set up bug because the canopy should be correctly closed and latched already when loading the plane in a taxi and e.g. in flight state.

If a intentionally incorrectly latched canopy is a built in 'feature' then it is definitely not a funny one.

Not too long ago a friend of mine died in a crash due to the Katanas idiotic latching mechanism.

Again, I didn't touch the canopy latches at all.

Still have to re-check if it's not an auto-set up bug because the canopy should be correctly closed and latched already when loading the plane in a taxi and e.g. in flight state.

If a intentionally incorrectly latched canopy is a built in 'feature' then it is definitely not a funny one.

Not too long ago a friend of mine died in a crash due to the Katanas idiotic latching mechanism.

I am sorry for your friend! :(

It is not an build in feature on startup, but there is a very, very small chance that some values are not set right at the beginning. There is nothing I can do against that...

Ghehehehe, you are Dutch, right? :D I love the in-between point of view! 'Poldermodel'. Take that as a compliment, I'm Dutch too! (I think I know you from Tweakers.net?)

I agree, take it easy. Snave gives excellent support and comments, thanks for that!

Tweakers!!!!! cheers_s.gif

BTW (back OT) I see those two errors from the OP too when I look around (with my TrackIR) but it doesn't really bother me. It would have been nice if those openings hadn't been there, but well... this plane offers so much fun that I can easily forget about it.

Hi Marcel,

Thanx for staying with this thread despite all the unneccessary disturbance erratic Simon is causing.

Closed and latched the canopy as IRL and I do confirm it's a really serious shape error.

Here's another screenshot which shows this problem more pronounced:

As many people are using Track IR (and the main reason for my to buy the Katana is the superb almost 360deg view) this is a real showstopper as the shape of the canopy not even remotely follows the fuselage contours.

I do hope that this is going to be fixed, however fixed or not, I'm a definite PC-6 customer as this is a really great add-on!!!:)

Best regards

Bernt

post-3620-0-34780600-1305019478_thumb.jp

Hi Marcel,

Thanx for staying with this thread despite all the unneccessary disturbance erratic Simon is causing.

Closed and latched the canopy as IRL and I do confirm it's a really serious shape error.

Here's another screenshot which shows this problem more pronounced:

As many people are using Track IR (and the main reason for my to buy the Katana is the superb almost 360deg view) this is a real showstopper as the shape of the canopy not even remotely follows the fuselage contours.

I do hope that this is going to be fixed, however fixed or not, I'm a definite PC-6 customer as this is a really great add-on!!!:)

Best regards

Bernt

It looks like a graphic issue to me! It only will look like this if you zoom out of bounds, if that's the right explanation. If you go back to the "normal" view point it looks perfect!

Oh, and thanks to Marcel for such a wonderful product! :)

best,

Rodger

post-16009-0-39349000-1305053234_thumb.j

post-16009-0-90655000-1305053271_thumb.j

It looks like a graphic issue to me! It only will look like this if you zoom out of bounds, if that's the right explanation. If you go back to the "normal" view point it looks perfect!

Well, if you lean forward to be able to look further back like IRL, this shape error is obvious and has nothing to do with the zoom setting.

This bug simply doesn't belong to an otherwise great add-on.

BTW, the default viewpoint isn't at the correct position.

1. Too far to the right (as the pilot should sit centered behind the stick)

2. Too far aft, (if you compare the eye position with the external view)

In that case of a realistic view point both gaps in the fuselage are highly visible and are really distracting.

Here is a video I made that hopefully proves that we are not insane or too stupid to close the canopy. ;)

http://www.mediafire...o319mqiuagwgf9b (16,6MB / WMV format)

These gaps may not be visible with the default fixed viewing point, but today many people (including me) use TrackIR and it's very evident with that.

Well, if you lean forward to be able to look further back like IRL, this shape error is obvious and has nothing to do with the zoom setting.

This bug simply doesn't belong to an otherwise great add-on.

BTW, the default viewpoint isn't at the correct position.

1. Too far to the right (as the pilot should sit centered behind the stick)

2. Too far aft, (if you compare the eye position with the external view)

In that case of a realistic view point both gaps in the fuselage are highly visible and are really distracting.

Sorry, I can't do anything against that because it is a matter of the graphic engine and the small size of the Katana. In FS2004 I would have done the VCP 150% the normal size but that is not possible in FSX anymore.

Everyone: It is hard and very time consuming to read all the off topic messages (perhabs there is at least one more sentence on the topic which needs to be answered by me?). It would be very nice if we all could concentrate on the Katana here.

The less time I need reading, the earlier the next DA20 Update, PC-6 or DA20 C1 can be finished. :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Does that mean the order will be DA20 Update => PC6 => DA20 C1? =)

There is no order between PC6 and C1 as I work on the projects at the same time. But the C1 will surely be released first I think.

I have the issue and I haven't used my TrackIR on this aircraft yet. I just set my own default view point that is closer to that of the RW view. Very obvious to me as well. Not the end of the world, just unfortunate as it truly catches the eye and distracts from the experience. Anyway, wont slow down my enjoyment too much that's for sure ;)

Sorry, I can't do anything against that because it is a matter of the graphic engine and the small size of the Katana. In FS2004 I would have done the VCP 150% the normal size but that is not possible in FSX anymore.

Thanx a lot for the honest info :)

However as I'm a big fan of the PC-6 (flew the real one with a friend at Zimex a long time ago and a few times with the austrian armed forces version), the DA-20 is just a stop gap until its arrival.....