serious canopy shape error

---

There are two highly visible bugs in the canopy shape which need to be corrected.

See attached screenshots.

post-3620-0-27486000-1304772516_thumb.jp

post-3620-0-96911300-1304772527_thumb.jp

You sure, `nameless` you actually have the canopy properly closed?

I see this when I don't hear the `thunk` after manipulating the canopy manually. You actually have to slam the lid shut when `mousing`.

Can you please elaborate by what you mean with "mousing" ?

Dragging the canopy open/closed with the `left click` mouse action.

As the mousing action can leave the canopy open at ANY position and leave it latched, partly latched or unlatched, not merely the `open` or `closed & locked` choice provided by default Shift+E key function, it is prudent to question our nameless critic as to whether he/she/it is actually doing it right - there is a confirming `thunk` sound when it is properly closed (as well as the confirmation of the red light going out, but of course only if the electrics are on)!

Dragging the canopy open/closed with the `left click` mouse action.

As the mousing action can leave the canopy open at ANY position and leave it latched, partly latched or unlatched, not merely the `open` or `closed & locked` choice provided by default Shift+E key function, it is prudent to question our nameless critic as to whether he/she/it is actually doing it right.

ahhh...! thank u, but remember "nameless" is not a critic... just a paying customer listing his concerns.. That is your bloody problem, you dont have no idea what is customer support. You think every post here is critiquing a bloody good product where is is mere concerns posted here. No wonder you is so rude in your answers to good people. You are really pulling this support forum of Marcel down to your level..

you dont need to have a name to get proper support.

You sure, `nameless` you actually have the canopy properly closed?

I see this when I don't hear the `thunk` after manipulating the canopy manually. You actually have to slam the lid shut when `mousing`.

Simon there is no issue with this customer as he is known to us forum staff.

Simon there is no issue with this customer as he is known to us forum staff.

As he is with me, making it all the more unnecessary for him to hide his identity. It's not as if he's famous, or anything, or in any danger of getting his fingers bernt!

That said, I can repeat the visual error on the aft cockpit surround, but strangely not on the latch area.

I presume there's Track IR in use here, but also strangely `no name` doesn't provide details of system, hardware or the scenario under which the visual error appears. Given his experience, there's no excuse for `no names` no-detail reporting. It's certainly not visible with the eyepoint in a default position in either normal or widescreen mode. Conversely it CAN be explained by failing to close the canopy properly - but we don't have the information on that either.

I'm sure we shall be told.

As he is with me, making it all the more unnecessary for him to hide his identity. It's not as if he's famous, or anything, or in any danger of getting his fingers bernt!

That said, I can repeat the visual error on the aft cockpit surround, but strangely not on the latch area.

I presume there's Track IR in use here, but also strangely `no name` doesn't provide details of system, hardware or the scenario under which the visual error appears. Given his experience, there's no excuse for `no names` no-detail reporting. It's certainly not visible with the eyepoint in a default position in either normal or widescreen mode. Conversely it CAN be explained by failing to close the canopy properly - but we don't have the information on that either.

I'm sure we shall be told.

You may wanna read up on identity theft and internet crimes in general.

just curious that user with name "abc123" is OK but "---" is not. Neither of them identify them, but it is OK to help "abc123" but have issues with "---".. Just do not make any sense. for me both are actually nameless. so why is it OK for the one but not for the other. Just check the member list and you will see 100's of random characters and numbers making up "names" even though u will not be able to tell who that user is.. but he still get support as if "abc123" is a name or not..

:confused_s:

just curious that user with name "abc123" is OK but "---" is not. Neither of them identify them, but it is OK to help "abc123" but have issues with "---".. Just do not make any sense. for me both are actually nameless. so why is it OK for the one but not for the other. Just check the member list and you will see 100's of random characters and numbers making up "names" even though u will not be able to tell who that user is.. but he still get support as if "abc123" is a name or not..

:confused_s:

Well, two things immediately spring to mind:

1: How do you address person `x` if they have no useful alias? Your Highness? Scumbag? Think of it like this: "As the post by -- said..." is a reply that can only confuse, not help anyone.

2: You cannot use -,_ or ¬ as a search term, so not only can't WE search for the answer, neither can A N Onymous.

Given my predilection for advising full and proper use of that function, it's probably no surprise that I think as I do... :lol:

Well, two things immediately spring to mind:

1: How do you address person `x` if they have no useful alias? Your Highness? Scumbag? Think of it like this: "As the post by -- said..." is a reply that can only confuse, not help anyone.

2: You cannot use -,_ or ¬ as a search term, so not only can't WE search for the answer, neither can A N Onymous.

Given my predilection for advising full and proper use of that function, it's probably no surprise that I think as I do... :lol:

I am sure you think of many a way in your English language to address "---".. such as just good old mister or sir.. but that kinda language does not seem to be part of a snave's vocabulary

Also check your spelling of bernt

:crylaugh_s:...

I am sure you think of many a way in your English language to address "---".. such as just good old mister or sir.. but that kinda language does not seem to be part of a snave's vocabulary

Also check your spelling of bernt

:crylaugh_s:...

Ah! I see you saw that.

Shame you miss the subtlety... ;)

There are two highly visible bugs in the canopy shape which need to be corrected.

See attached screenshots.

You have closed at least one lock before you pulled down the canopy so it can't be fully closed as it is blocked some distance before. The canopy warning light will illuminate and it will be very risky to fly as the the canopy can be blown away and even damage your aircraft seriously.

So it is no bug, it is a feature... ;)

Everyone: It is hard and very time consuming to read all the off topic messages (perhabs there is at least one more sentence on the topic which needs to be answered by me?). It would be very nice if we all could concentrate on the Katana here.

The less time I need reading, the earlier the next DA20 Update, PC-6 or DA20 C1 can be finished. :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Everyone: It is hard and very time consuming to read all the off topic messages (perhabs there is at least one more sentence on the topic which needs to be answered by me?). It would be very nice if we all could concentrate on the Katana here.

The less time I need reading, the earlier the next DA20 Update, PC-6 or DA20 C1 can be finished. :)

Thanks a lot! :)

We are filling time while we wait for His Highness to return and grace us with his/her/its presence. As he/she/it now seems to have no interest in providing additional information perhaps the best course of action would be to lock the topic as the answer has been provided?

You have closed at least one lock before you pulled down the canopy so it can't be fully closed as it is blocked some distance before. The canopy warning light will illuminate and it will be very risky to fly as the the canopy can be blown away and even damage your aircraft seriously.

So it is no bug, it is a feature... ;)

Well, I didn't touch any canopy latches as I usually start the session on the runway with the 'taxi' option...

Have to re-check if this is an auto-setup bug or an ops error as I expected it to be correctly closed and latched when loading the plane with the canopy closed.

But thanx for the info :)

We are filling time while we wait for His Highness to return and grace us with his/her/its presence. As he/she/it now seems to have no interest in providing additional information perhaps the best course of action would be to lock the topic as the answer has been provided?

You are such a prick with your attititude towards good honest paying customers of the best ever product yet to have been released for FSX..

There is truely no need for this sarcasm/rudeness towards people.

You are such a prick with your attititude towards good honest paying customers of the best ever product yet to have been released for FSX..

There is truely no need for this sarcasm/rudeness towards people.

Small piece of advice (from someone who likes to think he can get along with both bliksempie and Snave -_- ): shut it. This is going nowhere. You'll feel a lot better in the end if you just ignore anything Snave says. Well, at least the parts that do not concern the Katana or FS... You know, in between his rather humorous lines (which I do like to read, I have to admit) he does offer some very solid advice. Just like you do btw, as I've experienced more than once over the past few years or so. You would make me and (I presume) Marcel and the whole Aerosoft team very happy if you both had a drink on it and stop making a fool of yourselves! :P Posts like the one I quoted don't add anything useful to the forum, now does it...?

:beer3_s:

You certainly are no taker (Snave was wrong there, for just once ^_^ ) and Snave isn't the moron you think he is (though he certainly ain't your average Joe... thank God for that :lol: ).

Peace brothers! Only post something when it's related to the Katana or FS(X) in general and we will all be very happy...

(Hope no one minds me posting this: I reported a topic yesterday because I got sort of sick of the useless posts, but apparently the mods are all flying the Katana... :D so that's why I posted what I did. Not my habit, I have to say, but sometimes a line has to be drawn...)

• Upvote 2

Small piece of advice (from someone who likes to think he can get along with both bliksempie and Snave -_- ): shut it. This is going nowhere. You'll feel a lot better in the end if you just ignore anything Snave says. Well, at least the parts that do not concern the Katana or FS... You know, in between his rather humorous lines (which I do like to read, I have to admit) he does offer some very solid advice. Just like you do btw, as I've experienced more than once over the past few years or so. You would make me and (I presume) Marcel and the whole Aerosoft team very happy if you both had a drink on it and stop making a fool of yourselves! :P Posts like the one I quoted don't add anything useful to the forum, now does it...?

:beer3_s:

You certainly are no taker (Snave was wrong there, for just once ^_^ ) and Snave isn't the moron you think he is (though he certainly ain't your average Joe... thank God for that :lol: ).

Peace brothers! Only post something when it's related to the Katana or FS(X) in general and we will all be very happy...

(Hope no one minds me posting this: I reported a topic yesterday because I got sort of sick of the useless posts, but apparently the mods are all flying the Katana... :D so that's why I posted what I did. Not my habit, I have to say, but sometimes a line has to be drawn...)

Ghehehehe, you are Dutch, right? :D I love the in-between point of view! 'Poldermodel'. Take that as a compliment, I'm Dutch too! (I think I know you from Tweakers.net?)

I agree, take it easy. Snave gives excellent support and comments, thanks for that!

Well, back to flying the Katana now. Eagerly awaiting a new service pack, just for the new additions and functionalities. (will there be any? I'm hooked!)