GPS in Katana

rocky

As there is no facility to have 2D instruments in the Katana, as in the Airbus, can anyone tell me whether or not it's possible to somehow have a GPS similar to that used in both FSX default aircraft and the one used with all the Carenado planes. Advice as always gratefully received, thanks guys.

As there is no facility to have 2D instruments in the Katana, as in the Airbus, can anyone tell me whether or not it's possible to somehow have a GPS similar to that used in both FSX default aircraft and the one used with all the Carenado planes. Advice as always gratefully received, thanks guys.

If your asking if you can add this GPS :

post-34383-0-83469800-1304553718_thumb.j

Then yes you can (but as i dont own the katana (YET!), i dont know the layout of the PANEL.cfg

In red below is whats needed in the panel.cfg.Window02 is shift+3 on the keyboard,so load the katana up,and see if there is a spare window (Go through shift+1..+2..+3...) until for example shift+6 does nothing.Then you can add whats below in red ( the guage info ) to the config under

''Window05'' ( whitch is shift+6..or whatever spare window you have,,,the ''Window'' is always -1 from the keystroke number)

[Window Titles]

window00=Main Panel

window01=Radio Stack

Window02=GPS

Window03=Throttle Panel

Window04=Overhead Panel

Window05=FlightDeck SFX Panel

Window06=PFD

Window07=MFD

Window08=EICAS

Window09=Mini Panel

[Window02]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

Hpoe that helps

Then yes you can (but as i dont own the katana (YET!), i dont know the layout of the PANEL.cfg

In red below is whats needed in the panel.cfg.Window02 is shift+3 on the keyboard,so load the katana up,and see if there is a spare window (Go through shift+1..+2..+3...) until for example shift+6 does nothing.Then you can add whats below in red ( the guage info ) to the config under

''Window05'' ( whitch is shift+6..or whatever spare window you have,,,the ''Window'' is always -1 from the keystroke number)

[Window Titles]

window00=Main Panel

window01=Radio Stack

Window02=GPS

Window03=Throttle Panel

Window04=Overhead Panel

Window06=PFD

Window07=MFD

Window08=EICAS

Window09=Mini Panel

[Window02]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

Hpoe that helps

Cheers matey, I'll try and sort that out.

When I first got the Katana one of my 'observations' was 'Oh dear, no pop-up GPS' :(. However, I've got so used to using it from the instrument panel, that I'm starting to do the same with other aircraft. The Katana gets you like that. :)

When I first got the Katana one of my 'observations' was 'Oh dear, no pop-up GPS' :(. However, I've got so used to using it from the instrument panel, that I'm starting to do the same with other aircraft. The Katana gets you like that. :)

Sure Ron, I know exactly what you mean, I love flying the litle guy! The only problem I find with not having a separate GPS is that I find using the instrument while on the VC is unclear and not vey sharp when you zoom into it...

[Window Titles]

window00=Main Panel

window01=Radio Stack

Window02=GPS

Window03=Throttle Panel

Window04=Overhead Panel

Window06=PFD

Window07=MFD

Window08=EICAS

Window09=Mini Panel

[Window02]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

Hpoe that helps

Hi Maddz, thanks for the advice, but after going into the cfg, confident that I could sort this thing out, I'm afraid I failed abismally. I found the cfg was completely different to your example and so was unable to follow any of your advice. But hey ho, I will persvere...

add the red sections to your panel.cfg file

-----------------------------

[Window Titles]

Window00=Main Panel

Window02=Icons

Window03=GPS

Window20=Ground & Preflight > Ground Equipment // 7200

Window21=Ground & Preflight > Tow Bar // 7210

Window22=Ground & Preflight > Walkaround Check // 7220

Window23=Ground & Preflight > Trim Tabs // 7230

Window24=Ground & Preflight > Fuel // 7240

Window25=Ground & Preflight > Oil and Liquidts // 7250

Window26=Ground & Preflight > Payload // 7260

Window27=Ground & Preflight > Cleaning // 7270

Window28=Ground & Preflight > Temperature Sensor // 7280

Window30=Maintenance > Aircraft and Equipment // 7300

Window31=Maintenance > Workshop // 7310

Window32=Maintenance > Service // 7320

window40=Instructor Panel > Systems Overview // 7400

window41=Instructor Panel > Engine and Fuel // 7410

window42=Instructor Panel > Electric // 7420

window43=Instructor Panel > Instruments and Avionics // 7430

window44=Instructor Panel > Systems and Faults // 7440

Window50=Settings > Settings // 7500

Window61=Initiation // 7610

Window62=Data Window // 7620

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.0

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Window00]

file=

size_mm=1280

window_size_ratio=1.000

position=7

visible=0

no_luminous=1

ident=MAIN_PANEL

window_size= 1.000, 1.000

window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

zorder=0

[Window02]

BACKGROUND_COLOR=1,1,1

size_mm=250,2000

window_size_ratio=1.000

windowsize_ratio=1.000

position=2

visible=1

no_luminous=1

ident=7000

zorder=5

alpha_blend=0.9

gauge00=MFDA20_GUI!ICNS-MAIN, 0, 0, 250, 1000

[Window03]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

[Window20]

panel file continue.. etc ect.....

nothing more to changet

the GPS is a bit big for my liking but let me know and will show you how to make it the size you want and add it where you want it on the screen. lets first just get it available.

Shift 4 will bring up the GPS then for you.

if you still not getting right send me a PM with your email and I will send you a modified panel.cfg file

Thanks Bliksimpie, thats just what was needed. ( i dont own the Katana yet so i didnt know the panel.cfg layout).

You should get it. The best ever GA addon-ever... You will never regret it..

If you ever can buy just ONE plane, this should be it..!!

Marcel has done a fantastic job here.. So when you ready to buy, get this one.. Will give you endless pleasures..

You should get it. The best ever GA addon-ever... You will never regret it..

If you ever can buy just ONE plane, this should be it..!!

Marcel has done a fantastic job here.. So when you ready to buy, get this one.. Will give you endless pleasures..

Indeed thats the picture im getting reading through the forums and peoples comments, not justy on this forum either, anywhere people are talking about it, its all positive, not to mention the absolutly amazing customer support from Marcel.

Indeed thats the picture im getting reading through the forums and peoples comments, not justy on this forum either, anywhere people are talking about it, its all positive, not to mention the absolutly amazing customer support from Marcel.

but then remember Marcel know what is customer service.. It's his product and therefore he must be pretty proud about it, so he always go the extra length to help. Much better then the other help being offered here by mr know-all.

So yeah great product with even greater support from marcel. What more can a guy ask for.

but then remember Marcel know what is customer service.. It's his product and therefore he must be pretty proud about it, so he always go the extra length to help. Much better then the other help being offered here by mr know-all.

So yeah great product with even greater support from marcel. What more can a guy ask for.

Cheers matey, got it sorted! Many thanks for you help, very much appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Sorry guys, I take on flying the Katana today. Great GA, but is or not possible to add a pop up for the GPS? I use TrackIR, but a popup GPS would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hiya, have you not read earlier in th thread?