Mega Frankfurt scenery problem

Akki

As my SAS flights nowdays online take me to gates at D I have after two years discovered that the D terminal i simply missing! I have unistalled the scenery and reinstalled but no change. I only have the docking jetway in place. Anyone that can help?

Akki

Hello Akki,

This is whats mentioned on the Product page, "Terminal D removed and new terminal C/D with A380 gates and connection building to terminal 1"

Sorry Shaun, I am not fully understanding what you mean with "Product page" and also not how I shall interpretate your statement: "Terminal D removed and new terminal C/D with A380 gates and connection building to terminal 1 - does it mean that my installation is correct i.e. there are only gateways and the rest is flat ground....if I look at the pictures there should be a D terminal. Is there an update version available? Or is it just my scenery settings that is wrong? I have Frankfurt now as no 1 in the scenery folder, but do I have to follow the settings of resolution etc in the manual paga by page? I have also Stuttgart, Nice, Arlanda FSX from Aerosoft and they work fine.

OK, I found the product page now and the text you refer to, however questions above remain. Is there or is there not buildings behind gate D1 - D5?

OK, very kind of you. I can upload a picture of how my scenery looks if you want to?

Akki

Hello Akki,

Yes that would be good for comparison purposes, leave the Co-ords showing so I know the precise spot and heading you are looking.

OK, see the attached picture (jpeg). As you see all is flat behind the jetway and some equipment for the positioning is "hanging" in the air.

• Upvote 1

Added two more pictures, you see that there is a break in the railway track as well, probably inside the missing building. Is it simply a bgl that is missing?

post-41733-0-02729900-1304755808_thumb.j

Just for your info latest ver for FSX is 1.04 which is diplaying correctly for me.

Have you checked for duplicate eddf scenery/afcad files?

J will check, version and duplicate files, I saw in AI flight that I hace two versions of AFCAD available.... will return shortly.

Thanks so far

Åke

Bad news, not improving despite of update to version 1.04 and only using one bgl-file for AFCAD. (Without static planes). No improvement, but the trains traffic the railway...

Buildings still missing,

I am completely lost here.

Åke :(

Hello Akki,

Please check the scenery library and make sure that you dont have any duplicate entries for the scenery as 2 entries can cause this type of issue.

If you have duplicate entries then delete the duplicates till it leaves you with only one.

Hello Akki,

Please check the scenery library and make sure that you dont have any duplicate entries for the scenery as 2 entries can cause this type of issue.

If you have duplicate entries then delete the duplicates till it leaves you with only one.

I have uninstalled the scenery and checked the HD that nothing remained. Downloaded the 1.04 version from Aerosoft and installed it clean. Checked setting in scenery and graphics. Problem remain, see attached file. I have even checked different settings in Scenery library, unchecking Landclass etc, even unchecked FS World 2008 but it do not help. In AFX I have two AFCAD files, Stock APX50140.bgl and AF2_EDDF_without_ static_aircraft.bgl, the latter highlighted. No improvement if I rename the stock version. Have restared FSX after each change just to be sure. I have saved the scenery and FSX start from the saved scenery, do it have any impact? Any final tip before I give up?

post-41733-0-06979200-1304840813_thumb.j

Hello Akki,

I will repeat myself.

Please check the scenery library under settings and make sure that you dont have any duplicate entries for the scenery as 2 entries can cause this type of issue.

I would like you to confirm that you have checked all entries in the Scenery Library under the topbar Menu under World/Scenery library and made sure that you have only one entry, this will mean looking through all entries.

Hello again Shaun,

yes, I am right now being helped to check both FSX.cfg and Scenery.cfg to see that there are no doubble entries. Apparently has Stephen Cook (above) found several items that are wrong after that I sent him copies of these two files and has advised me to make a clean installation of EDDF after cleaning the scnery config file. I am also advised to send these two files to venetubo.com for optimization.

I will be back when I have tried these proposals. Thanks in the meantime for your kind support.

Shaun,

Whilst I have not seen the correct scenery.cfg file there are two Mega Airport Frankfurt entries in the 'scenery_cfg_before_mega_airport_frankfurt' file. So another installation has probably componded that.

Shaun,

Whilst I have not seen the correct scenery.cfg file there are two Mega Airport Frankfurt entries in the 'scenery_cfg_before_mega_airport_frankfurt' file. So another installation has probably componded that.

We did have an older version before the new updated one, but more than one entry can cancel the scenery out in certain areas hence its a place to look.

Dear Shaun, dear Steve,

now it works!

Thanks to your advise Shaun on the possibly error and Steve´s faboulus direct help with both the FSX and Scenery config file is now finally the scenery working.GREAT THANKS!

We revised the FSX file as it had two graphic adapters (as I had changed graphic card to GTX 460 recently) on my Dell Studio XPS 8000. Steve modified the Scenery config file to me and I reinstalled version 1.04 fresh.

I don´t know more what to say.Take care

Åke :)

post-41733-0-78696800-1304966247_thumb.j