GPS (RXP)/CDI

jcmmg

Hi all

I've found that the link between the OBS and the CDI on the GPS (RXP) is working randomly on my system before and after v1.01.

I've tested it by using Direct To feature on the GPS. So far it only manages to work 2/5 times (the OBS needle works align with pink path on the GPS).

The way I'm doing this procedure is:

1) GPS: Select my destination, by using Direct To feature

2) Align the Gyro with the compass and set the GPS course on the OBS

3) I've checked that the CDI flag on the GPS is set to GPS.

4) Decollate

5) Start my journey. 2/5 times the needle has indicated how deviated I am from the course selected.

6) I have tested the GPS by changing the CDI from GPS to VLOC to GPS but it doesn't work and turning on and off the GPS, doesn't work either.

Hope you can find the source of the problem,

Best wishes,

Julio

The needle of the VOR1 gauge is working according to the FSX value for the OBS. As far as I understand the GPS is not working right? If that is the case, there is nothing I can do about that so I suggest to contact RealityXP support. :)

Thanks Marcel for your answer, I'm going to do further tests, contact RXP and I will come back with the results.

Best wishes,

Julio

Thanks Marcel for your answer, I'm going to do further tests, contact RXP and I will come back with the results.

Best wishes,

Julio

Julio, can you try the following thing? Start the Katana, enable the avionics power and also start the RXP GPS in that boot-up test mode (where it should drive the CDI needles to a defined offset).

If the needles don't move, go to the Katana setup menu and toggle between the simple and realistic radios. Don't touch the RXP unit, leave it in that test mode and look for the CDI needles again.

After toggling the radios on the Katana, the CDI needles should work and then show the test deflection.

See some descriptions and screenshots here. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/44986-praises-reports-questions/page__view__findpost__p__301383

Julio, can you try the following thing? Start the Katana, enable the avionics power and also start the RXP GPS in that boot-up test mode (where it should drive the CDI needles to a defined offset).

If the needles don't move, go to the Katana setup menu and toggle between the simple and realistic radios. Don't touch the RXP unit, leave it in that test mode and look for the CDI needles again.

After toggling the radios on the Katana, the CDI needles should work and then show the test deflection.

See some descriptions and screenshots here. http://forum.aerosof...post__p__301383

Thanks CoolP! I just did that yesterday, with some interesting results, I will post them on Sunday because I wan't to see if I can replicate them!

Also thanks for the link!

CoolP

After some test (5Hr), the problem is with Simple radio as CoolP indicated. I got some random things that I can't replicate (after 1.01Beta), so I think is not worth to comment on them unless they will appear again....

• 3 weeks later...

CDI still inop for me (with the RXP GNS 500). TO/From Flags seem to respond to OBS turning but 'no joy' on the CDI. I tried all of the advice above. Thanks for (above) posts. Maybe the next update will rectify this.

• 1 month later...

CDI still inop for me (with the RXP GNS 500). TO/From Flags seem to respond to OBS turning but 'no joy' on the CDI. I tried all of the advice above. Thanks for (above) posts. Maybe the next update will rectify this.

I'm in the same boat with the CDI... I can boot the GPS just fine, but it does not drive the CDI, on SIMPLE or REALISTIC radio settings. It appears in the VC that the GPS unit also pops up as a window embedded in the panel... Will do some more testing, I made sure in the realityxp configuration program that I had "link CDI/VOR" to have the GPS drive the gauge.

-