Strobes

DavidA

Hi,

I've noticed after about 20 minutes flying my strobes stop flashing. I've tried cycling the CB and the Switch to no avail. Then as if by magic they start flashing again after about another 15 to 20 minutes. This happens regardless of weather I'm using the stock FSX of Katana light effects. Is this an intentional feature???

David

Marcel,

It's happened twice now. I'm running FSX Acceleration SP2 with 2 x Nvidia GTX 420 graphics cards and an I7 920 processor if that helps. I'll fly it a little bit more to see if it happens again. Could it be certain lighting effects combined with the strobes?

David

It's happened twice now. I'm running FSX Acceleration SP2 with 2 x Nvidia GTX 420 graphics cards and an I7 920 processor if that helps. I'll fly it a little bit more to see if it happens again. Could it be certain lighting effects combined with the strobes?

I think no. It could be a bug in my simulation of the electric and lighting system or a problem that the texture did not get loaded anymore...

• 2 weeks later...

Marcel,

Just to let you know I have flown the Katana a few times now and this is still happening. It may just be my system but I was wondering if you had seen it happen too. It takes about 30 minutes of flight and then the strobes give up even though they are switched on and the CB is in.

David

• Aerosoft

Marcel,

Just to let you know I have flown the Katana a few times now and this is still happening. It may just be my system but I was wondering if you had seen it happen too. It takes about 30 minutes of flight and then the strobes give up even though they are switched on and the CB is in.

David

David, what happens when you toggle light switches? Do they stay off?

Mathijs,

Toggling the switch on and off has no effect on the strobes they remain off. However at a later point in the flight they come back to life on their own. I have also noticed when I first switch the strobes on they flash twice. At a later point in the flight they only flash once and then they stop flashing all together. I'm willing to admit it could be a problem with my pc but all the other aerosoft add ons I have work fine.

Many thanks

David

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Toggling the switch on and off has no effect on the strobes they remain off. However at a later point in the flight they come back to life on their own. I have also noticed when I first switch the strobes on they flash twice. At a later point in the flight they only flash once and then they stop flashing all together. I'm willing to admit it could be a problem with my pc but all the other aerosoft add ons I have work fine.

Many thanks

David

My gut feeling is that this is a problem with showing FX files, do you notice low fps when it happens?

Mathijs,

I haven't noticed a decrease in frame rate. But I will have a look again when I use the simulator next. If it makes any difference I have been flying the G reg aircraft and the N reg aircraft.

Thanks again

David

PS I have had another look. There is maybe a very small increase in frame rates when the strobes stop working. I was flying the aircraft in the circuit at Orbx Concrete Muni in PNW. However the strobe problem is not limited to just this scenery.

• Aerosoft

PS I have had another look. There is maybe a very small increase in frame rates when the strobes stop working. I was flying the aircraft in the circuit at Orbx Concrete Muni in PNW. However the strobe problem is not limited to just this scenery.

But does it also happen in a very empty environment?

Hi,

I've noticed after about 20 minutes flying my strobes stop flashing. I've tried cycling the CB and the Switch to no avail. Then as if by magic they start flashing again after about another 15 to 20 minutes. This happens regardless of weather I'm using the stock FSX of Katana light effects. Is this an intentional feature???

David

I can confirm, same problem here... it works perfecto for about 30min then nothing...

i using rex strobe texture

it's not a big show stopper for me anyway

I noticed that some ground objects disappear after a while when I fly around more demanding scenery (orbx airports). Maybe the strobes are another victim of this possible overload.

Yesterday I made a flight of almost two hours (1:42) over regular orbx autogen scenery (at Extremely Dense though) and kept an eye on the strobes for the whole time and they never stopped working.

Mathijs,

Have just done the following test. Take-off from Cape Town intl FACT (stock scenery and textures no add ons). Fly south over the sea. At about 15 minutes after selecting strobes on they stop flashing twice and only flash once. After another 10 to 15 minutes they stop flashing all together. At a later stage in the flight the start flashing again. If there's any other information I can supply let me know.

David

PS I have the landing light and the strobes selected on together

I noticed the same thing today - strobes working at takeoff, but when I looked about 20 minutes later they were not there. Cycling the switches did nothing, but coming in for landing about 15 minutes later they were back on again.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I think I may have found the solution. I've updated my Nvidia Graphics drivers and the problem seems to be resolved.

David