FSC 9 Window problem

MortenS

Just got FSC9, but whatever I do all windows I open in FSC will disappear behind the main window (map view). This makes it hard to select STAR/SID etc. The same happens with the GPS window, but that stays on top of all other programs/windows; except FSC. If I uncheck FSC always on top, the GPS window will not stay on top of FSX.

Windows 7 64

FSUIPC 4.7b

Aerosoft FSC 9 16-03-2011

FSX

REX2

Regards

Morten Straus

Hello Morten,

When you select stay on top it wont matter what window you open in FSC it will go behind the main map window so you need to uncheck it for working with the tools and menus.

When running FSX with the small GPS window is this with FSX in Windowed Mode.

Hello Morten,

When you select stay on top it wont matter what window you open in FSC it will go behind the main map window so you need to uncheck it for working with the tools and menus.

When running FSX with the small GPS window is this with FSX in Windowed Mode.

Yes, I run FSX in window mode. When I minimize FSC the GPS window will be on top of FSX, if FSC is not set to stay on top, but as soon as I click on the FSX window, the GPS window will drop behind the FSX window.

Hello Morten,

I dont believe the small GPS Window can sit on top of the main Flight sim window but off to the side.

Will however check this here to confirm.

It did sit on top with FSC 8.6. But guess if you're right, I'll just have to switch on and of the FSC "always on top" then.

Kinda strange that the waypoint window and the FP window both stays on top of and inside FSC, but the "Save FP", "select SID/STAR/TRANSITION" etc all drops behind FSC.

Hello Morten,

You shouldn't need to keep the FSC Window on top when actually making your flight plan as the other windows at that time are more important, when it comes to using it as a moving map when flying then its more important for FSC to stay on top.

Hello Morten,

You shouldn't need to keep the FSC Window on top when actually making your flight plan as the other windows at that time are more important, when it comes to using it as a moving map when flying then its more important for FSC to stay on top.

Yes, but I still think it's kinda strange that not all windows in FSC behave in the same way. The solution is not ideal, but it'll work.

• 7 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Is there any way to resize the main map window in FSC9? I've tried everything but no luck. Very frustrating.

Don't understand what you mean, the FSC Window can be resized like any other window in Windows.

Otherwise please show a screenshot of what you mean.

No, I cannot change the size of the main map window in FSC9. It seems to be locked at full screen. Well.... when I switch from full window to minimize, it gets about an inch smaller, but that is it. I cannot change it at all.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So this is not a FSC problem: the icons in the upright corner should look similar to this:

Full window

resized:

If you don't get icons like that something is wrong with your windows setup.