FSX Path for FlightSim Commander install?

I have posted this question on the FlightSim Commander Help Forum but, since I bought the disc from Aerosoft, have been told to contact you for support.

I have managed to install and run FlightSim Commander (v8.2) on my NetBook by copying the files from my Main PC using a file transfer cable, since my NetBook does not have a disc drive. I have linked the 2 PC's together wirelessly and now have the folders showing on both PC's which are running Win 7 Home Premium. I have FSX on my main PC

I have run FSC Database Manager on my Client / NetBook PC. The left "Select Flight Sim path here" window is active and shows Z:[\\User-PC\Microsoft ...]. The right "Select scenery Library path here" window is greyed out, but also shows Z:[\\User-PC\Microsoft ...]. Next to it in red is "FS X directory Please copy scenery.cfg from your windows system drive as scenerycfg.fsc to your FSX path." (The Main PC is designated as Main-PC, the NetBook is User-PC.)

I have found the scenery.cfg file in C\Program Data\Microsoft\ so I can do that but what is the path for "FSX Path"? This must be in the Main-PC C drive, but I am not clear on exactly where to put it (!)

Thank you for your help,

Yours sincerely,

Tregarth

Guest Hodge001

Hi Tregarth

In your main FSC folder you should have a file named FSCFSXCFG.exe, if you have then copy this file into your main FSX folder and run it, this will make a new file named scenerycfg.fsc which can be used by the main FSC program to build or rebuild the FSC scenery data base, which is handy on a network.

I know that this file is in FSC V9 , and as far as I can remember was available in V8 as well, especially the later builds.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Dear Jim,

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I did as you said and FSC now works on my NetBook. Unfortunately, my Network is not working properly so I am still struggling. But, I will persevere.

Tregarth.

Hi Tregarth

In your main FSC folder you should have a file named FSCFSXCFG.exe, if you have then copy this file into your main FSX folder and run it, this will make a new file named scenerycfg.fsc which can be used by the main FSC program to build or rebuild the FSC scenery data base, which is handy on a network.

I know that this file is in FSC V9 , and as far as I can remember was available in V8 as well, especially the later builds.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi Tregarth

It was not a problem I was happy to help, and the network issue could as James has mentioned be the mapping and shareing of your main FSX folders, at least I hope it’s something as easy as that.

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

Thanks, I have followed the instructions on pages 100 - 104 (Appendix Network) in the FSC PDF help guide to the letter. These were written for Win XP so have had to adapt them for Win 7 but on the Main (FSX containing PC) I have set FSX Properties to Network File and Folder Sharing to MS FSX - Shared and the Network Path is \\User-PC\MS FSX. Avanced Sharing Permissions is set to Everyone and Full Control is ticked. So I think that PC is OK since these are the instructions from FSC.

However, on my Acer client FSC containing PC when I start up I see the screen shown in the attached ScreenGrab so I think the problem lies on the Acer. Somehow I seem to have a Network Password which I have lost or forgotten or....

I have tried all the password permutations I can think of with no luck. Do you have any ideas how I can run my PC's without this unwanted level of security?

Thanks for your interest and help,

Clive

Don't forget as well as mapping the drives (Shared) you have to do likewise with the individual folders.

post-25544-0-99262800-1304505617_thumb.j

Guest Hodge001

Hi Clive

Sorry to hear about your network problems, but as for the network password when you first fire up the system if you are automatically logged on as admin, or if you can manually log in as admin then shouldn’t you be able to go to the individual accounts and reset the network password.

Probably not much help but at present it’s the only thing I can think of.

Jim Hodkinson

I have tried all the password permutations I can think of with no luck. Do you have any ideas how I can run my PC's without this unwanted level of security?

Thanks for your interest and help,

Clive

In Win7 go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre. Choose Homegroup and Sharing Settings, Select Change the password and again Change the Password and it will pop up a dialogue box which has your password in it.

Dear Jim,

Thanks for the help. In fact I had to sort out some security settings on my FSX folder which was not easy but someone sorted them out for me. I have now run FSC and have a message "Unable to connect to Flight Sim Msg #2". I have reported this to Herr Heine so I am hoping he can tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks again,

Clive

3.87 km SW of EGTF

Don't forget as well as mapping the drives (Shared) you have to do likewise with the individual folders.