May Screenshot Competition

Hello everyone! :rolleyes:

This is my first post in this forum and i have decided to join this competition with a IRIS BD5 which is flying high over the Canyon :blush:

Good luck and hope that you like my first picture!

2011-5-12_21-36-8-631.jpg

• Upvote 1

This is based on a true event, as described in Rowland White's book 'Vulcan 607' . En route to Exercise Red Flag at Nellis AFB in 1982, Flt. Lt. Martin Withers takes his Vulcan into the Grand Canyon. :o

Image023.jpg

This is based on a true event, as described in Rowland White's book 'Vulcan 607' . En route to Exercise Red Flag at Nellis AFB in 1982, Flt. Lt. Martin Withers takes his Vulcan into the Grand Canyon. :o

Thats an awesome book, definately well worth a read! Nice pic too, though I dare say to truely mimick the feat you should be lower, we all know what those crazy RAF types are like ;)

I doubt he took it very deep into the canyon, but if I ever get the chance, I'll ask him. Martin Withers now flies XH558. Nice that the old girl is in the hands of probably the best known Vulcan pilot of them all. :)

Thats an awesome book, definately well worth a read! Nice pic too, though I dare say to truely mimick the feat you should be lower, we all know what those crazy RAF types are like ;)

Matt, have you read Empire of the Clouds by James Hamilton-Patterson? If not I would highly recommend this too!

Matt, have you read Empire of the Clouds by James Hamilton-Patterson? If not I would highly recommend this too!

Cheers Chris, I'll look see if the local library has it dry.gif

Empire of the Clouds is excellent; finished that about a month ago, and Matt, if you have access to Cambridge library, yes they do have a copy though you might have to reserve it.

Right now I'm reading Wings on my Sleeve, by Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown RN. I just cant believe how many records and 'firsts' he holds; from the most number of carrier landings , the highest number of different types of aircraft flown, to the first man to land an aircraft with a nose wheel onto a carrier ( a Bell Airacobra fitted with a hook ). He also interrogated Herman Goering at the end of the war. An extraordinary life in aviation.

Here's the list of aircraft he's flown...astonishing!

http://en.wikipedia....Winkle%22_Brown

Empire of the Clouds is excellent; finished that about a month ago, and Matt, if you have access to Cambridge library, yes they do have a copy though you might have to reserve it.

Right now I'm reading Wings on my Sleeve, by Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown RN. I just cant believe how many records and 'firsts' he holds; from the most number of carrier landings , the highest number of different types of aircraft flown, to the first man to land an aircraft with a nose wheel onto a carrier ( a Bell Airacobra fitted with a hook ). He also interrogated Herman Goering at the end of the war. An extraordinary life in aviation.

Here's the list of aircraft he's flown...astonishing!

http://en.wikipedia....Winkle%22_Brown

By the looks of it, if Brown didnt fly it, it possibly wasnt worth flying :lol:

Dont know who's calender your using but its not till tomorrow ;)

Well, I was sort of hoping I could get another week or so before June to get all the work I need to do done blush.gif

I have changed by picture on the first page. Have a look at the new one.

I think this is a better idea now and it's from a better perspective.

As I'm a real glider pilot I can tell you that this would be one of the dreams every pilot has.

Right now I'm imagining how great the lift would be if you'd be flying there and if a 30kt crosswind goes through the canyon...:rolleyes:

Here in Germany we can only dream about this, but the sim makes a dream come true, or at least it showes how great it would be to fly there in real world.

It was an excellent theme this month!!!!

I like it very much because there are amazing screenshots!!!

Here is mine, good luck to everyone!

It is neither the fastest, nor the biggest but the one that I most enjoy!

a.jpg

Freeware:

Ozx Grand Canyon and FSX A-I-R Atos VR

I see a lot of good screenshots and I like the glider over the Grand Canyon. I will compete with my screenshot just in time.

item.JPG?rot=1

Good luck to you all.

Laurens

Yes, this is indeed the OZx scenery. I was surprised myself when I had a look outside the Cockpit and saw this! Then I just thought that this would be a wonderful new picture for the Screenshotcompetition. You can see the results in my picture.

By the way, I have done a couple more of them which I want to show you. But Shaun, please note that my entry for the Competition will only be the picture which I send in post #13.

post-29921-0-55194200-1306905518_thumb.j

post-29921-0-68993700-1306905533_thumb.j

post-29921-0-50169000-1306905553_thumb.j