May Screenshot Competition

Hello Folks,

Welcome to Mays Screenshot Competition.

The theme will be, "A Flight in the Grand Canyon".

A picture depicting your flight in one of the worlds most awesome places the Grand Canyon.

Rules at the top of the forum apply.

Can someone tell me where to get a good scenery of the Grand Canyon please?

If possible freeware as I don't want to spend money for a scenery for a screenshotcompetition ;)

I admit I hadn't been there before but it was amazing to discover this breathtaking area of the world!

Then maybe you ought to do what Chaders and I used to do and fly deep down inside it in a fast jet like the F-16 and that includes the narrow bits ;)

Then maybe you ought to do what Chaders and I used to do and fly deep down inside it in a fast jet like the F-16 and that includes the narrow bits ;)

I did that, then I looked away for a sec and crashed... :D

Wow, that's a challenge! I also crashed so bad............!

I tried that a few months ago and crashed, too... wacko.gif Then I did it with a T-45 and flew through the whole canyon and landed at a field somewhere out side of Vegas (can't remember the Ident.)

It is great I have made the flight from KGCN to KLSV allong the canyon floor several times in both the Aerosoft F-16 and other aircraft and it is a blast, however if you take your eye off the ball for just a second then you can forget it.

Remember it well mate!!

Flying in the Grand Canyon huh? Fun!

Now, let's see what aircraft:

helicopter: easy, been there, done that...

small prop: boring... that's for tourists :P

fighter: again, been there, done that... more than once actually.

In that case, Paul, I'll take you up on your challenge!

in this screenshot:

Captain Sim 757-200, with McPhat UHDT repaint

Default FSX scenery...

And the best part of it all, is that I didn't crash! although it was close on a couple of occasions :lol:

post-27881-0-47456200-1304942467_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

Then maybe you ought to do what Chaders and I used to do and fly deep down inside it in a fast jet like the F-16 and that includes the narrow bits

Have you guys ever tried the "Jet Canyon Race" multiplayer mission that comes with the Acceleration Pack? I've never managed to complete it!

More info here, under "Missions" ;).

Here's one of my screenshots using the Project Opensky Boeing 737-800w flying out of Grand Canyon National Park

Wish good luck to everyone!

post-42093-0-07143700-1305539734_thumb.p

• Upvote 3

Hello everyone :)

Here is my contribution to the contest. A formation flight with my cousin aboard two Republic F-84F Thunderstreak U.S. Air Force (FS9).

teste4.jpg

Good luck to all!

Greetings