User Paints

AaronMyers

I've actually been too busy flying to have much time to paint......and trust me......I'm not a painter, but a paint slinger. (smile) I leave the real painting to the pros like my hero, CBris! (smile)

Here is a couple shots of a "personal" paint.....trying a few things.

Early morning flight with the "Shockwave" lights installed......I'll probably keep the lights, however, the interior I could never get right.

2011-5-1_6-8-39-732-1.jpg

Tried out a different interior but will most likely go back to original. The reflection in the windows are just too bright.....the original is much more suitable to my liking.

2011-5-1_7-35-57-77.jpg

I tried a couple different colors of instrument panels......I tend to like this one the most.......we'll see.

2011-5-1_7-36-29-985.jpg

Front right shot.....trying out the "Diamond Logo" to see where I like the placement the best.......nose or tail.

2011-5-1_7-37-46-117.jpg

2011-5-1_7-37-28-70.jpg

Now.....back to flying!!!!

Cheers,

Thanks for the remarks Andrew and Marcel!!

I made a few changes last evening but think I'm FINALLY finished.......unless I can figure out how to do a chrome spinner....which I'm still working on here and there. (smile)

Looking around the internet sites (Airliners.com, etc.)....I must say Marcel that it appears you've already included about every paint scheme for the `100 Katana there is. My paint is actually more for the Eclipse.....but I'm sure you alread knew that (smile)....I just liked the scheme.

Cheers,

....... And that one had also MF in the registry, very lucky...

:lol: :lol: Yep....I noticed that but what's a guy to do.

I did remove the wing Reg. number as it's not required in the U.S. (Well....that's not entirely true.....older aircraft still have to have it I believe...but 90% of the aircraft in the U.S., you'll only find it on the fuselage.) I used to have a copy of the FAR that had the reg's....but since I no longer fly.....who knows were that stuff is at. (smile)

Cheers,

Early morning flight with the "Shockwave" lights installed......

Hi, Can You put here code for Shockwave lights (external)? I have Reduced 3D version.

Id like to add this but havent a time for tests. You did it :).

I haven't been in here in a few days....(too busy flying...Smile).... but must give all the credit for the Shockwave lights to Damocles.

Wonderful job and work perfectly!!!!

I could never quite get the Shockwave strobes to work properly, so I used strobes from another payware aircraft I own.

Here are the settings I used.....might need to be "tweaked" to suit you.

light.3 = 2, -2.86, -17.61, 1.29,

light.4 = 2, -2.86, 17.61, 1.29,

Cheers,

Awesome paint, planning on uploading it?

Ryan,

I apologize partner....I must have missed this post. I'm not in here everyday as this is a busy time of year for me. (Lots of business trips.....one in which I'm currently on.)

To answer your question.....I don't usually upload paints any longer....However, don't mind sending them to anyone who wants them. Trust me.....they are not that good. (smile)

With that said, however, I cannot send any texture sheets that are not part of the original paintkit. The reason being....copyright reasons of course.....but also, if someone had problems with the paint or trouble installing etc., etc., I can't have them troubling Aerosoft with "issues" on something that was not part of the original release product....hope that makes sense.

With all that said.....there are still some items that need "tweaking" and I've actally been trying something a little different. Once I'm finished, I'll post the pics, and if you're still interested, drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll forward you a copy. In fact....if I don't have too many requests and a little time....I'll personalize it for you with your registration number.

Sorry.....but that's about the best I can offer.

Take care and thanks for the comments.

Cheers,

Ryan,

I apologize partner....I must have missed this post. I'm not in here everyday as this is a busy time of year for me. (Lots of business trips.....one in which I'm currently on.)

To answer your question.....I don't usually upload paints any longer....However, don't mind sending them to anyone who wants them. Trust me.....they are not that good. (smile)

With that said, however, I cannot send any texture sheets that are not part of the original paintkit. The reason being....copyright reasons of course.....but also, if someone had problems with the paint or trouble installing etc., etc., I can't have them troubling Aerosoft with "issues" on something that was not part of the original release product....hope that makes sense.

With all that said.....there are still some items that need "tweaking" and I've actally been trying something a little different. Once I'm finished, I'll post the pics, and if you're still interested, drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll forward you a copy. In fact....if I don't have too many requests and a little time....I'll personalize it for you with your registration number.

Sorry.....but that's about the best I can offer.

Take care and thanks for the comments.

Cheers,

You do yourself a disservice Sarge. I still love the `personal` ES Liberty you did for me! :wub:

We'll look forward to your work with interest! :D

You do yourself a disservice Sarge. I still love the `personal` ES Liberty you did for me! :wub:

We'll look forward to your work with interest! :D

That's too funny!! I actually dug out the Liberty last week and reinstalled it. I've been toying with the idea of seeing if I could take that Autopilot out and install it on this aircraft, however, the more I fly the Katana.....the more I realize I don't need an autopilot. (smile)

I'm pleased you still remember my Liberty paint and are still enjoying it. I think I only personalized about 5 or 6 as I recall.

I'm hoping once I get all my texture sheets with layers appropriately marked, I'll be able to offer maybe some different colors as well as the registrations.

Thanks again for your kind comments!

Cheers,

That's too funny!! I actually dug out the Liberty last week and reinstalled it. I've been toying with the idea of seeing if I could take that Autopilot out and install it on this aircraft, however, the more I fly the Katana.....the more I realize I don't need an autopilot. (smile)

I'm pleased you still remember my Liberty paint and are still enjoying it. I think I only personalized about 5 or 6 as I recall.

I'm hoping once I get all my texture sheets with layers appropriately marked, I'll be able to offer maybe some different colors as well as the registrations.

Thanks again for your kind comments!

Cheers,

another one that would not mind to have this paint of yours.. Really beautifull..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fella's I haven't forgotten you......just been EXTREMELY busy with RL stuff. I've only been managing about a 20-30 min. flight per day.

Update:

I had a little time last evening so reworked the side texture.....I still need to rework the tire skirts which "Shouldn't" take that long.....so hopefully I can have something to offer in the next several days. I'm out on business for about a week....but then I'll have a week off so that might be a good time to get something going.

Again....sorry it's taken a while....too many RL things going on.

Thanks for being patient!

Cheers,

Okay folks.....finished up my Paint......I think. (smile) Seems I keep fiddling with it here and there, changing colors, adjusting something......still......here it is.

If anyone is interested, drop me a "PM" with a good e-mail address and I'll send a copy. Total file size (zipped) is 3.12mb.

Cheers,

2011-5-23_6-58-14-920.jpg

2011-5-23_7-12-55-316.jpg

2011-5-23_7-13-1-106.jpg

2011-5-24_10-59-11-28.jpg

ah well spotted.. Did not immediatley notice but once you said there is a deliberate mistake I took a closer look..

Anyway I dont live there so I have no quible about that... I just use and abuse their planes ... LOL Just joking..

Anyway I think It really came out very nice. Nice composition etc.. I like it very much.

Hey....if you guys are seeing a mistake, please point it out so I can fix. There's not suppose to be any mistakes.......but then again, I've looked at this thing so much that I suppose I could have missed something.

Cheers,

Ahhhh....Thanks for the response, however, that is the correct way to display the American Flag. The flag is always flown "Or displayed" as though it was flying from a flag pole with the Union "field of blue" next to the pole and the stripes flying in the breeze.

Other Countries regulations vary which is why I rarely will display another Countries flag on one of my repaints unless I can find a copy of that countries flag etiquette.

Over the years, I have down-loaded aircraft in Flightsim where the right hand (Starboard) side of the aircraft has the flag flying the wrong direction and it's somewhat bugged me....however, as they say.....not on my watch. (smile)

Cheers,