Scratches...?

tup61

Maybe I am imagining things, but it seems my cockpit is getting some more scratches over time... Someone else noticing that too? If that's true: I like it!A few days ago I noticed a big scratch on the left and today I noticed a few little scratches that I am sure weren't there before!

Maybe I am imagining things, but it seems my cockpit is getting some more scratches over time... Someone else noticing that too? If that's true: I like it!A few days ago I noticed a big scratch on the left and today I noticed a few little scratches that I am sure weren't there before!

Hadn't noticed...One more thing to watch for!

Most of these are probably bug splats and not scratches. ;)

Most of these are probably bug splats and not scratches. ;)

Scratches has been added to the model..

Why would there be an item in the data.cfg file that read :

[DIRT]

DIRT_INSECTS=5.000000

DIRT_CABIN=0.823000

DIRT_GARBAGE=0.000000

DIRT_SCRATCHES=0.000000

etc...

testing numerous times and resetting to original status have my plane still new so no movement yet on this item, but you can see the insects splashes has accrued to 5 and the dirt in the cabin is coming along nicely

I've made a point of not washing my plane just to see how dirty it does get. After 12 hours flying....not very. A few splattered flies, a small streak of oil on the windscreen and that's about it. :huh:

I've made a point of not washing my plane just to see how dirty it does get. After 12 hours flying....not very. A few splattered flies, a small streak of oil on the windscreen and that's about it. :huh:

Oil depends on the oil cover, not the flight time. Other dirt depends on weather and ground conditions.

Oil depends on the oil cover, not the flight time. Other dirt depends on weather and ground conditions.

Yes I did try to set off with the oil cover up. Clever, I must fly more in dirtier weather. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't get away with that in the real world! My Katana is parked outside, in a part of the airport that must double as a bird sanctuary :( Cleaning is a regular part of my preflight. I'd move into a hanger, but, in San Diego, they go for $400/month!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Katana4X's dirt simulates increased drag. Katana wings are free of rivets and suffer from less parasitic drag than aluminum wings. It's important to keep them clean for max speed and efficiency.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hm, the data.cfg... I rather pretend the scratches are real... and the dirt too... ;)

Maybe a silly question, but I have been looking all over my computer and cannot find the data.cfg.

Where is it located?

Maybe a silly question, but I have been looking all over my computer and cannot find the data.cfg.

Where is it located?

I am not at my computor, but from my head.. almost the same place the fsx.cfg are. In Windows 7 it is here:

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\4X_DATA\Diamond DA20-100 'Katana'\data.cfg

replace xxxx with your username

the alternative is to use the search function in windows.

Start / search.

For cases like that I like to recommend the "Everything" search tool. It can only look for filenames and not for text within a file, but it does so instantly. The very second you enter your search query you already get the result. It doesn't use a time and ressource intensive indexing method but rather looks up the file location in the hard disk's master file table.

http://www.voidtools.com/

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am not at my computor, but from my head.. almost the same place the fsx.cfg are. In Windows 7 it is here:

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\4X_DATA\Diamond DA20-100 'Katana'\data.cfg

replace xxxx with your username

the alternative is to use the search function in windows.

Start / search.

Baie dankie!

It's exactly there indeed.

I tried the windows search, but it complained about the indexing and did not find it. :mellow:

• Deputy Sheriffs

For cases like that I like to recommend the "Everything" search tool. It can only look for filenames and not for text within a file, but it does so instantly. The very second you enter your search query you already get the result. It doesn't use a time and ressource intensive indexing method but rather looks up the file location in the hard disk's master file table.

http://www.voidtools.com/

That is a very usefull tool, thanks a lot. It also found the data.cfg very quickly.