ILS-Landing-TUT

airbus_pilot

Hi,

I'm new to the Airbus X intruments and would like to do a full ILS-landing. I already can make an autoland (laugh.gif) but only in the default FSX boeings and airbusses.

Already read the StepByStep-Guide but I can't follow there. blush.gif

I think for other users it could be a big help too if someone posts how to do such an ILS-landing. So, could someone please post a full ILS-StepByStep-Guide??

Thanks

Paul biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I'm new to the Airbus X intruments and would like to do a full ILS-landing. I already can make an autoland (laugh.gif) but only in the default FSX boeings and airbusses.

Already read the StepByStep-Guide but I can't follow there. blush.gif

I think for other users it could be a big help too if someone posts how to do such an ILS-landing. So, could someone please post a full ILS-StepByStep-Guide??

Thanks

Paul biggrin.gif

I THINK that has already been requested, so far nothing (As far as I know). And a can also mention I would love to see this guide ( also for the autopilot) as I am a big fan and user of Airbus X,

well have made an litel quick video hope it is enough. But Note there are many different ways of approach so just a basic ILS for R-nav, whit out using cheklists just a short flight of how it could be done.

But i dont know what it is you dident understan of the manual plz tell then it is easy to help. as there are many diferent approaches. as a guide should then include how to do for all the approaches and that would be.... Z z Z z

Best regards LN

• Upvote 1

Well, if there's the demand for such a manual, I may do one. Just give me a few weeks, because I'm busy at school right now. Maybe it'll go faster. Let's see.

• Upvote 1

Well, if there's the demand for such a manual, I may do one. Just give me a few weeks, because I'm busy at school right now. Maybe it'll go faster. Let's see.

That would be so great, dude. And as I can see you are German, so if you like you can write it in German laugh.gif

Will see in which language I'll do it. Anyway there will be an english one. But if you want I can make a german one to. Shouldn't be that difficould.;)

So tell me, what do you exactly want in that manual? As far as I know you want to know how to make an ILS landing with the autopilot, right?

In one of your posts I can see that you'd also like an complete autopilot guide, correct? Does that include entering information in the FMGS or do you really just want to autopilot as itself?

So my suggestion would be a training flight from takeoff to landing using the autopilot and all its functions for the complete flight, would that be ok for you?

• Upvote 1

Will see in which language I'll do it. Anyway there will be an english one. But if you want I can make a german one to. Shouldn't be that difficould.;)

So tell me, what do you exactly want in that manual? As far as I know you want to know how to make an ILS landing with the autopilot, right?

In one of your posts I can see that you'd also like an complete autopilot guide, correct? Does that include entering information in the FMGS or do you really just want to autopilot as itself?

So my suggestion would be a training flight from takeoff to landing using the autopilot and all its functions for the complete flight, would that be ok for you?

That's absolutely OK for me!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Thanks!

For sure, I mean toggle the MCDU and then do the Auto-pilot. I know how to configure the MCDU but after that-it's a heading into darkness for me, so please be cool and do one, when you are free...

EDIT: Just make like it would be connected to the MCDU, so it would follow the flightplan(!) on the MCDU...

Hello Emi,

If you do it and upload it to the Airbus X section please let me know ;)

Hello Emi,

If you do it and upload it to the Airbus X section please let me know ;)

I'll do. Why do you want that? Do you want to add it into the support database or why?

That wrote somebody in another thread, I opened before that one here.

set the ils frequency and course in the rad nav page . set the approach page , qnh temp wind md or dh disicion heigt , and flaps full .

there are many ways to approach an ils but here is one of them.

FD and ILS must lit green on the panel and set you ND to ILS

fly at 4000 ft outbound on the ils

when the glidslope indicator moves upwards and is in the middle then turn 30 degrees left.

then decent 500 or 1000 feet fly 1 or 2 minutes that heading .

slow down to 190 and flaps 1

turn 180 degrees to the right

set the LOC on the panel to on it lit green

slow down to 170 flaps 2

slowdown t 160 flaps 3

now the plane alligns automatic with the localizer and the glideslope is above you.

when straight on the localizer slow down to the Vapp speed wich is displayed on you approach page. flaps full.

press appr on the panel it lit green.

then you see the glideslope indicator moving , the plane will allign with the glide slope,

while it begins to decent to follow the glidslope , lower the gear and set autobrake 2 on

arm the spoilers , not extend but arm;lol

seatbelts on

now press ap2 on the panel .

on 400 feet you wil see LAND on your left crt display , and it will try to do a autoland.

if a red light goes on with the warning autoland then abort the landing.

from here on you just can wait untill it slams on the tarmac and revers thrust iff needed are done manual.

if you look for a smooth landing , then im sorry , the disigner want it to land that hard.

still im changing inputs and code to make smooth autolandings on every runway and weather conditions and weights .lol

That wrote somebody in another thread, I opened before that one here.

set the ils frequency and course in the rad nav page . set the approach page , qnh temp wind md or dh disicion heigt , and flaps full .

there are many ways to approach an ils but here is one of them.

FD and ILS must lit green on the panel and set you ND to ILS

fly at 4000 ft outbound on the ils

when the glidslope indicator moves upwards and is in the middle then turn 30 degrees left.

then decent 500 or 1000 feet fly 1 or 2 minutes that heading .

slow down to 190 and flaps 1

turn 180 degrees to the right

set the LOC on the panel to on it lit green

slow down to 170 flaps 2

slowdown t 160 flaps 3

now the plane alligns automatic with the localizer and the glideslope is above you.

when straight on the localizer slow down to the Vapp speed wich is displayed on you approach page. flaps full.

press appr on the panel it lit green.

then you see the glideslope indicator moving , the plane will allign with the glide slope,

while it begins to decent to follow the glidslope , lower the gear and set autobrake 2 on

arm the spoilers , not extend but arm;lol

seatbelts on

now press ap2 on the panel .

on 400 feet you wil see LAND on your left crt display , and it will try to do a autoland.

if a red light goes on with the warning autoland then abort the landing.

from here on you just can wait untill it slams on the tarmac and revers thrust iff needed are done manual.

if you look for a smooth landing , then im sorry , the disigner want it to land that hard.

still im changing inputs and code to make smooth autolandings on every runway and weather conditions and weights .lol

I ment the complete autopilot guidesmile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I'm very late because I'm doing so much real world flying now. But I promist I'll finish it soon.

Right now I'm working on it, but I'm not sure how long it will take.

Also there's the problem that I can't make all the screenies I need when the Airbus has its bugs. For example I planned an autoflight from EDDM to EDDF, but when I tried to make an Screenshot of the TOD it (the TOD) wasn't there. These are those problems I'm faced with in the Airbus X.

Another thing I'm currently trying to figure out is how to make an PDF. :blush:

So please give me some more time.

By the Way, I'll do the english version of the TUT first because I see that non-german people have also interest in it.

Hi Emi,

falls du Word benutzt, einfach "Datei" -> "Speichern unter...", dann bei Datei-Typ "PDF" auswählen.

Ich bewundere Dein Engagement! :D Nochmals vielen Dank!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I'm finished with the english tutorial now. Shaun I can't reach you via PM so I hope that you'll read this post here. You said that you want to have a look at it, so please tell to which mail address I can send the PDF as I can't send you a PM or attach the file to this post.

Regards

Emi

Wenn du mir deine E-Mail Adresse gibst kann ich das machen. An Posts kann ich das leider nicht anhängen und ich bin mir nicht sicher wo genau das im Download Bereich hin soll.

Schick mir am Besten einfach eine PN ;)

• Upvote 1

Ok guys I'm finished with the english tutorial now. Shaun I can't reach you via PM so I hope that you'll read this post here. You said that you want to have a look at it, so please tell to which mail address I can send the PDF as I can't send you a PM or attach the file to this post.

Regards

Emi

You can send it to me at support@aerosoft.com