What's next? Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter!

Hello,

WOW Marcel your work is incredible and perfect, you are a real artist.

Your KatanaX is also one perfection and with this Pilatus I'm sure that it's a masterpiece.

I don't know if it's possible but do you can published one or two screenshots of your Pilatus in external view ?

Congratulation for this great work. Best regards. Olivier

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

WOW Marcel your work is incredible and perfect, you are a real artist.

Your KatanaX is also one perfection and with this Pilatus I'm sure that it's a masterpiece.

I don't know if it's possible but do you can published one or two screenshots of your Pilatus in external view ?

Congratulation for this great work. Best regards. Olivier

Thanks for the nice words! There is still some work to do (modelling of some parts as well as texturing) before I want to show the exterior...

Important: We are in need of flightsimmers that do have experience and/or knowledge of the Pilatus Porter - and even more important: of the PT6A-27 engine. If you do, please contact me via pm! :)

I Marcel i know your works and I know that you don't disappoint us with the porter, the katana is something fabulous. One thing that nobody has never did on the Pilatus for flight simulator is the beta effect used on the ground and in flight for curb the airplane and realistics sounds of it! I think that is not easy but you are a professional!

Good Job

Nicola

Fortunately it is not operational in the D-FELI - the INOP label is original. :)

Thank you for your reply.

Very nice simulation of the label and the inoperable gps! :)))

Beautiful cockpit anyway.

Tamas

One thing that nobody has never did on the Pilatus for flight simulator is the beta effect used on the ground and in flight for curb the airplane and realistics sounds of it!

We already do have the disc effect in beta mode. Can be pretty dangerous during landing approach...this airplane won't be easy. ;-)

Very nice simulation of the label and the inoperable gps! :)))

It is the most complex feature of this add-on: the working label and not working unit. Perhabs I should have been looking for an aircraft with removed wings and engine. It won't fly but that is the feature. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Not anything to get on a screenshot. :) I just returned from a 2 day trip in the hope to make some more sound recordings. But the weather was so stormy, that the Porter didn't left the hangar...

Marcel, thanks for staying in touch..

Really looking foreward to this addon. When I was building time years ago, I flew one of these outa Perris in SoCal ferrying divers.

The PC-6 in my oppinion, is one of the most unique and best designed special purpose aircraft ever made.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump: Anything new Marcel? Eagerly awaiting your work. Still loving the Katana as there is nothing that can touch it in the GA category. I'm sure the Porter will be worth waiting for.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, Alexander Metzger had the chance to observe 3 flights from the copilots seat, and as expected,

send me a new airfile shortly after his visit here in germany.

MF_120808_0002.JPG

Talking about the PC-6 before the first flight.

MF_120808_0050.jpg

Take-off power has to be set smoothly to not overtorque the engine.

MF_120808_0144.jpg

Back on ground after the first flight

MF_120808_0154.jpg

Technical discussion.

MF_120808_0172.jpg

MF_120808_0176.jpg

Second departure...

MF_120808_0230.jpg

...and back again talking...

MF_120808_0381.jpg

Last landing for Alexander

MF_120808_0388.jpg

Research on the refueling proccess (with tribute to George Carlin) of a PC-6.

After that day we were very happy about the results - a big thank you to those that made it possible! :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dear Marcel,

Thank you for the very nice series of photos.

But I am still not used to the peculiar long-nosed look of the PC-6 turbo :D

I think the piston version is prettier:

0003_.jpg

0004__2.jpg

What it is with you guys calling cool planes ugly, hey? Not nice! I am a Dornier 228 AND a PC6 fan and they are gorgeous planes. Marcel, if this is anything like the Katana 4X quality, then my credit card is waiting patiently. I will be working overtime to pay it off after this year but that's okay. I keep saying the FS community needs more turboprop commuters but we'll take GA birds too. I'm sure a lot of people are waiting on that Twin Otter Extended too. I know I am. If Aerosoft starts churning out more turboprops like these, I will contentedly file for bankruptcy... :bow_down2_s:

Good job Marcel. Keep it up.

Cheers

Ha! These airplanes cannot be called "pretty" by any stretch of the imagination. Their true beauty lies in their function. The Porter is a manly airplane with a manly purpose. I reckon that if yo called it "pretty" to it's face, it'd knock your teeth out! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Any news? Any time frame for release? Have you ever considered doing an open Beta test for customers to buy the Beta version to help fund, test, and give feedback? Bay tower did this with their RV7 and it worked great. Thanks Ryan

Baytower have never finished the RV7 and it retains a number of faults brought to the developers attention during beta. Some of the options included in the config tool were only placed there for development purposes. They have never been updated or removed.

They have, of course, kept all the money.

I really would not suggest that as a business model that benefits the consumer...

I was unaware of any major flaws with the RV7... " the RV7 and it retains a number of faults brought to the developers attention during beta" Isnt that what beta is for? I bought the beta and I'm definitely not upset with how its coming. I was happy to be a part of the build process! Why wouldn't Baytower keep the money? They sold a legitimate product that alot of simmers are really happy with! There not running a charity... If you buy the beta your taking a risk and agree to report flaws to make it a better bird. You didn't have to buy it? I'm sure if you are really unhappy Baytower would refund you the money. I think its still a work in progress and Im ok with that. Isnt there only one guy doing the entire model? How does it not benefit the consumer? They dont have to purchase the beta they can wait for the finished product? I see it a a win/win for consumers! They can partake in the build or wait for a perfectly finished product! Its also a win/win for the developer. You will get alot of sales with people who want to beta and then once its finished you will have another wave of customers to buy up the finished product. I could see why a developer wouldn't want to take on the extra effort to set up a forum of all the error reports and the un-knowledgeable buyers could be annoying. Anyway I just dont see why you dont think its beneficial.... -Ryan

Archived