What's next? Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just back from a very nice Flightsim-weekend in Hergiswil (Switzerland) where I was able to show the development status of the PC-6. Even an employee of Pilatus Aircraft visited the event to see the virtual 'Turbo Porter'. We had a great time... :)

MF_PC6_121120_0517.jpg

That's looking really great and clean modelled !

Yes, a beautiful model. I can't wait to buy it. Yesterday, I passed the real Pilatus Porter skill test. I'm very excited to have this great airplane on FSX soon. So, I'm able to train the procedure for emergency etc. for my next proficience test.

Congrats on passing your test Stefan. Just let me know if you ever want to trade places. You can enjoy the serenity of 300,000lbs cruising at FL380 while I take in the scenery up close!

• 1 month later...

A quick clip i put together..ive recorded on a camera so quality isnt v.good, but it shows the porter in Air America doing a V.short STOL landing....Lukla eat your heart out laugh.gif

I'm quite late to read this but when I think of the Porter, this is exactly what comes to mind. Lukla? yeah, this makes Lukla look a bit tame doesn't it?

Hi everyone ,

I'm new on this forum ,skydiver from France and very interested to virtualy fly this bird (before fly it in real oneday...) .I've made so much take off with her and never land with...!!

Marcel ,can you tell us something new ?or show us more ?

Thanks

Yes, but will it come with an effect that allows the wings to be sheared off and an abandoned C-123 fuselage to taxi into?

Good gawd man...Don't give him ideas...I'm already drooling over this...please don't make us wait any longer.....

Good gawd man...Don't give him ideas...I'm already drooling over this...please don't make us wait any longer.....

:lol: I know that feel....can't wait.

That was tongue in cheek for sure...If you haven't seen "Air America", get yourself a copy....It will make you even hungrier for the sim porter. I'm completely with you in thinking that this one can't come soon enough.

...long time waiting now for a decent fsx version. But as always Marcel's WIP screens looking excellent. Just imagine taking her on a ride from Milford Sound to Quintin Lodge in wind and rain... Already setup all routes in our VA and ready to buy a few for bush services...

Cheers

Thorsten

• 2 weeks later...

Great job, I really liked the Katana for FSX, it's one of the most rewarding aircraft to fly since every action has a reaction, The Dornier was really amazing too. I bet the turbine engine brings a lot more challenges, either that or it's more simple than a piston one. Don't know much about development for FSX.

I talked once with a Spanish pilot that was flying in Portugal, Évora, making parachute drops, he said that some times in crosswinds it was really difficult to control the aircraft in the runway and that at least once the Porter went for the grass. I bet that having a conventional landing gear it will be hard to control on transitions.

Best regards and continue the great work. Looking forward to this one.

EDIT: DSC_0753.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Skydivers season has already started. I flew already with the PC-6 two weeks ago, but i'm still waiting to start the turbine at the FSX with Marcel's PC-6.

Good news: PMDG gave some more information about the status of the B777 Project to keep the public and future customer informed.

Dear Marcel, please give us some information about your great project, because your product are in the same categorie like PMDG.

Greeting from switzerland

Stefan

I bought the Katana last xmas season. After more than fifty hours with "her" I can´t fly in a Carenado (or similar) model never more. I don't mind how big and photographic textures they put in their models. I prefer so far to be careful of what kind of oil I must use, clean the canopy, check constantly the motor parameters because the low OAT, and all those little details that enhance my simulation.

I´ve just registered in the forum to say: Thank you so much for this immersive experience. I can´t wait for this new project.

The virtual bush flying needs (desperately) this kind of high quality addons (the A2A´s j3 is terrific too, but... it´s simple like the real one). Maybe a real/complex supercub ("Marcel quality inside") after the porter? ;) (I know, I know, that was a very nasty way to make a petition, but men, it was worth a shoot, isn´t it?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am sorry for the delay but had a busy and hard time from the end of 2012 until now.

The project is still alive also I hasn't been priority #1 for some time.

I want to take the PC-6 with me to Paderborn for the FS conference. So if someone of you is there... ;)

Greetings,

Marcel

Archived