What's next? Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To fly this aircraft is such an amazing experience! At least I realized once more the large difference between simulation and real flying: There is no "level-flight" as we know it from flight simulator. It is impossible to get 0° bank angle and also a zero on the vertical speed indicator. No flying to the decimal place. An interesting detail: the stick rattles and moves in your hand because of the airflow at the elevator.

MF_110430_0296.JPG

MF_110430_0304.JPG

MF_110430_0324.JPG

I haven't bought the Katana, simply because I'm not really interested in that type of aviation. But a Porter with all the added functions that the Katana has ? Oh yes please!!! This will be absolutely perfect for my New Guinea Air-Hauler operations. Its going to be a best seller, without a doubt.

Nice! Very interesting aircraft!

Maybe after that you could think about modifying the VCof the Katana a bit and attach longer wings.. so we could get a HK36TTC Super Dimona ;)

But the power is amazing isn't it?

As long as the back is not stuffed with parachutist and several hanging on the doors and wings....

You are right, it is! Even with "dropable cargo" : 10 parachuters, climb to 12000ft: 10 Minutes, descent without 'beta mode': 5 Minutes.

The last time I had the chance to pilot a PC-6 for a while it was even more impressive above those nice clouds. Airliner feeling! The picture below is already in descent after the pilot had to pull my hands away from the flight stick. ;)

MF_100614_0113.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

To fly this aircraft is such an amazing experience!

This must be the most ugly plane I have ever seen! :blink:

Nevertheless I am looking forward to the result of your project. :D

Lucky one! PC-6 is one of my favourites. Yes Shorts is probably one of the ugliest aircraft of all times. And you are right Marcel, there is no 0º bank, 0 ft/min, or constant 360º in flight. You just have to scan always the instruments to maintain that altitude steady and that AI as it should be. At least when I took my CPL/IR (H) you are always scanning and correct things to maintain it flying well. I am really jealous of you PC-6 flight. Maybe one day. Regards and I hope you can transmit the feeling you had in your next add-on. ;)

Hi, have to say, iam not really interested in light aircrafts, but as an Austrian, i see these Katys every day flying around, and with your infatuation on details and the idea of an complete executible checklist, maintenance and service... i bought it straight on the first day!

Thanks for this aircraft, it feels really alivefrom the physics and makes awesome fun to fly- in my opinion you´re now on one of my rare top favourite planemaker of fsx, the´re only 5 on my list who have this honour :-))

By the way, nice screenshots on your page! http://www.marcelfelde.de/ !

-looking forward to your addon and the Pc6!

reg.

Klaus

P.s: had an 40nm flight in the swiss alps, with a bit of a "misscalculated altitude problem", in words i had to push the engine really hard :)

after landing, i heard a ticking noise -the engine was cooling down-- thats really AWESOME nice!!

I have a PC-6 that was done by another publisher, initially for an earlier version of FS and I confess it's one of my favourite aircraft, so the news that you're planning to follow up the superb Katana add-on with a Turbo Porter is magnificent!

I assume you've seen Markus Herzig's superb site devoted to the type: Pilatus Porter World ? He has a host of photos and there are indeed some superb colour schemes around for the PC-6. My own favourite was one that I saw at an airfield in Southern France which had a blue background and was covered in pink flamingos - not exactly to everyone's taste but a scheme I loved!

I shall watch this with great interest. Nice one, Aerosoft!!

A quick clip i put together..ive recorded on a camera so quality isnt v.good, but it shows the porter in Air America doing a V.short STOL landing....Lukla eat your heart out :lol:

I assume you've seen Markus Herzig's superb site devoted to the type: Pilatus Porter World ?

Yes, you can find some photos of the D-FELI, my inspiring example for FSX add-on: D-FELI at pc-6.com. The true aviation fan should take some minutes to realize that there are also some nice cars on one of the photos. :D

A quick clip i put together..ive recorded on a camera so quality isnt v.good, but it shows the porter in Air America doing a V.short STOL landing....Lukla eat your heart out :lol:

Thanks so much for the clip! There were many situations I wanted to tell others from this scene but I never found it on the net. :)

Yes, you can find some photos of the D-FELI, my inspiring example for FSX add-on: D-FELI at pc-6.com. The true aviation fan should take some minutes to realize that there are also some nice cars on one of the photos. :D

A great set of gorgeous photos there Marcel, well done!

By the way, I found the machine I was thinking of. It's N77D/N77DQ, s/n 921 - viz: PC-6 s/n 921 , which I saw at Royan several years ago.

No mistake this will be a huge success, but still it is one ugly plane.. but I am sure it fly like a dream.. it's all about what is making up the heart in the end..!

Will definatelly be on my list.. Just have to get used to beautifull ugliness...!

To fly this aircraft is such an amazing experience! At least I realized once more the large difference between simulation and real flying: There is no "level-flight" as we know it from flight simulator. It is impossible to get 0° bank angle and also a zero on the vertical speed indicator. No flying to the decimal place. An interesting detail: the stick rattles and moves in your hand because of the airflow at the elevator.

MF_110430_0296.JPG

MF_110430_0304.JPG

MF_110430_0324.JPG

How you gonna get the one for FSX done when your busy flying the real one?....Stop having fun and get back to work! :lol:

CODY

You guys are obviously wrong. This plane would only be ugly if it had a very long nose, a small propeller, some square-cut lines and .. wait. :huh:

But seriously, very nice pictures there from Marcel and I'm looking forward to any new project from him since not only the Katana showed what can be achieved in the sim.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all...

it's so damn ugly but only on first sight... I fell in love with it, it's such a beautiful plane and a real STOL. Years ago (just checked it was back in 2003!) it was my first payware addon after getting back into the flightsim business after years of absence.

A few weeks ago we were around in the garden with the whole family and I was noticing some kind of interesting noise up in the air... and then I was telling every person "look a Porter", "hey, do you hear that sound", "hey take a look at the Porter". I could not convince the family and neighbours to stare at the blue sky longer than a few seconds... poor people ;) But when I told my wife I had to go to to the airport (EDLN) to get near to this beautiful plane circling above us and leaving into the airport direction I got one of this "If you leave now I will kill you when you get back" glances :( Women *sigh*

So hopefully there will be a new wonderful version of this real beauty in my hangar soon ;)

Beautiful pictures Marcel! Keep up your excellent work.

Btw, is there some autopilot planned? I know I know... it's only fun to hand fly but for some longer cruising ;)

Cheers

Thorsten

Archived